Stop Only Posting Issues On Twitter

If that were true they’d

1. Quit their jobs (or start earning your paychecks you cowards)!

2. Stop browsing the forums and reddit for free ideas

3. Stop putting up these cherrypicking AMA and twitch stream facades

They’re still very much trying for their own selfish sakes.

Largely, if you couldn’t answer what your favorite IDE was within 3 seconds you were fired in Blizzard’s last layoff. We have what, 1 CM now? Guy posts maybe once every three months, I don’t even understand what his job role is.

They need to stop doing this IMO, GD’s ideas are genuinely terrible

This is true and incredibly annoying. Those AMAs are largely pointless, the hard-hitting questions are intentionally avoided every time.

Post on a subforum to 200 or so people or post on Twitter to literally billions of people?

Hmm, which one gets the message out to more people? Is 200 greater or fewer than billions?

As Chief Executive Officer at ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC, Robert A. Kotick made $30,841,004 in total compensation. Of this total $1,756,731 was received as a salary, $2,461,848 was received as a bonus, $19,037,673 was received in stock options, $7,495,745 was awarded as stock and $89,007 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2018 fiscal year.

:flight_departure::flight_arrival::desert_island:
:fire::fire::fire:

Depends: how many are subscribers?

I’ve been through this with companies i’ve worked for already and im only in my mid-20s.

Bring in some ‘scrappy’ senior executive level official to clean house, take all the blame, get a massive payout, and then shuffle right back out the door.

Kotick for some reason seems to have staying power, to the detriment of us all.

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

If you look at the GD stickies, they are supposed to link important updates from twitter, but it hasnt had anything for awhile.

If a question is asked in CS about login issues the blues there are usually good about trying to address it. I have seen it many times.

Statistically speaking, there’s a greater chance to reach more subscribers on Twitter than the subforum.

That doesn’t really make a ton of sense. People know there are forums, and go to the forums for assistance and, in theory, notifications.

“Dalaran” might not be my personal realm, but it’s the personal realm of a lot of people. Twitter isn’t any better a platform for a message that “Dalaran” is experiencing issues because if you follow them on Twitter you’re going to see issues about stuff that isn’t affecting you.

Which is to say that neither platform targets issues only to the people affected, but are just broadcast statements to anyone who looks for them.

Twitter vs Forums: Equally good, but one makes more sense.

As above, there’s zero reason you couldn’t go to the forums when you’re having issues. Neither one of them specifically targets players from one realm or another (or having one issue or another).

I’ve seen developers with huge trello style systems that work just fine. It’s just a “find your issue and see where it’s at in the list”. It’s not like they have to post every single booboo either. They could restrict it largely to things that are happening now, and not “we’re fixing these tooltips”, “we’re fixing these icons”, or “we’re moving this rock”.

1 Like

There is no way to be able to tell if those respondents are actual subscribers or not. the vast majority of them will have no vested interest in this game.
THESE are the official forums; if Blizzard is too afraid to face the music on the incredible string of blunders that has, among other things, driven the company’s stock down by almost 40%, then maybe some new employees might be in order.
Skäl.

1 Like

Not to twist Vixie’s words for my own usage, but:

“Why would you need information about a game that’s having issues and what they’re doing to fix it - if you don’t play that game?”

There might be billions of twitters users, but there are only a few million WoW users. All WoW users know there’s a website and have used it at least once. That isn’t necessarily true of Twitter.

Even then, I fail to see why it must be an either-or thing. They could have the Warcraft support twitter and a forum, and use them both.

1 Like

Well the subscribers are usually the ones following the Blizzard Twitter account in the first place so it’s more likely to reach them than the small handful of people on the forums. If anything, addressing the community here wouldn’t actually help the live game because most of the players don’t visit the forums.

So if i get all of that as an exec and I’m like " you know, i could really use 19 mil right now" is it bad form to sell your stock options? The new get rich quick scheme: Become CEO of an international company and sell your stock day 1.

1 Like

I just want to convey how much I completely disagree with you in words.

I hope that did the trick.

2 Likes

You don’t cut off support communication just because a forum is acting as… well… a forum. This is a flimsy way to blame the victim (victim being a loose term here).

You do know that the internet by which Twitter is connected to all those people is the same internet that this forum can reach exactly the same people, right? And the whole point of specific forums is that it is a targeted audience.

Not to mention that when issues arise, the first place people go to are support pages or forums for the company/product in question. 200 might be the mean users per day on the support forums here, but when something like this happens you sure as hell can bet that number spikes.

1 Like

FIOS customer in Ashburn, VA checking in and not able to login.

why not do both?

1 Like

Fios users are starting to be able to log back in. Keep trying.