Stop Making PVP servers if you allow transfers off

That’s my Irish emo band name.

1 Like

I could care less if they leave. In fact, I want them to. They can go to a pve server and toggle pvp on when they are ready.

Interesting attitude that never results in Faction Dominated “PvP” servers that are actually just… effectively normal mode.

(And it’s not just you we’re talking about here.)

2 Likes

yep i think im in the minority with re-rolling and completly re-leveling on a pve server after the incursion pvp nightmare that was.

Most would have just quit then have to re-do it all. I really hope im able to transfer off lone wolf so i can get my charcter and actually play them on a pve server now tho

2 Likes

Peak sod pvp:

Get ganked by 5 level 50’s repeatedly while you’re a level 40 trying to level through incursions.

Spam LFG chat for a new layer.

Join a layer where your faction is dominating. Such great gameplay. World PvP in classic wow is a complete joke that consists of 99% griefing low lvl players and ganging up 5 to 1 on others.

This is why almost every single PvP wow server ends up being 90%+ one faction dominated.

7 Likes

This is pretty funny. I’ll roll with the salty server.

I also asked chatgdp what makes pvp servers great and it had a good answer too.

A reason some players might prefer PvP servers over war mode is the sense of community and rivalry that develops on dedicated PvP servers. On these servers, players often form alliances, rivalries, and even ongoing conflicts with members of the opposing faction, creating a dynamic and immersive PvP experience that some find more engaging than the more controlled environment of war mode. Additionally, PvP servers often have specific PvP objectives and events that are not available in war mode, providing additional opportunities for competitive gameplay and interaction between players.

World PvP has degenerated and is no longer worth it for me. The first inkling of what was to come was P2 classic. I was horde so it didn’t affect me, but I remember how allies were just constantly griefed on my server.

PvP server enjoyers are welcome to it. I’m getting to Wild Growth where I can actually play the game. Especially as I’m a tank pally, and it seems that there’s an UD spriest, rogue, and 3 shaman hiding behind every bush, patrolling every road, and camped in front of every instance portal day and night.

Being immediately purged, DOTed and stunlocked is a good time and really allows my PvP skills to shine through. Peak gameplay for me.

There is no benefit in being wrong longer.
Figure out a way to get out of the Dunning-Kruger club.

Sorry, but players can’t wrap their heads around the concept that War Mode gives you a ‘on demand’ PVP Server experience. All they see is ‘on the same PVE server; War Mode BAD!’

But, in secret, I love the idea of free transfers off. Because most of those on a PVP Server are there because they think it’ll be fun. Most stay because “I spent 5 months playing, I can’t start all over!” (sunk cost fallacy).

So it’ll be interesting to see what the population count looks like on PVP Servers in the coming months.

Signed,
Player that rolled PVP on Retail, then transferred off because World PVP was really just a “I’ll fight you once my buddies show up, and then we’ll camp you”

That degenerate approach is PvP.

1 Like

Ummm, how about we stop kowtowing to players who can’t read?

There’s no shame in rolling on a pve server.

And pve servers have war mode built in already. You can toggle pvp on and off all day long

It’s not war mode… stop saying it’s warmode.

You’re either just a bad troll or are you actually that dumb.
Either way, stop it.

1 Like

I have 25 days played on my account on lone wolf… I simply cant just “reroll”… its not happening.

Just right click that player portrait and select “enable pvp” and you’re good to go

No… I still have to compete with non-PvP players for resources and mobs. It doesn’t change shards to where I only encounter other PvP players.
It’s not the same thing.

Now take a seat and hush.

1 Like

I agree

Leave the PvP to us degenerates

You play over there :point_right:

1 Like

The real question is why did everyone leave? Maybe if the player base fixed itself this wouldn’t be an issue at all. Like i said, retail had a couple very well ran pvp servers and were high successful. Look at why. The issue you hope that doesn’t happen can be solved by the players themselves but they chose a poor way of playing pvp that people don’t like being a part of. Change that and people will be happy. Don’t and they will leave. The proof is in the pudding is all i’m saying.

1 Like

There’s no shame in any server type picked.

I like War Mode because I can level up and then decide to PVP. In a PVP System that doesn’t really allow for ‘cowardice’. – I played PVE’s world PVP, it was so pathetic. They’d just wait for the flag to drop then rez.

Then, when the next expansion comes out, I disable War Mode and play through the content. Instead of (and I kid you not; this happened in WoD) having the enemy faction roll around in groups of 5 making sure no one could level in the zone for an entire week during ‘Launch’.

War Mode is just so much better than a ‘always on’ PVP Flag. And this comes from someone that did both PVE and PVP server type.

2 Likes

Ditto.

(I love wPvP, it can be a lot of fun… I killed a DK at level 37 in Wrath and lead a For the Horde raid at level 72.)

I like the ability to turn it off when it’s just denying gameplay.

3 Likes