Stop Making PVP servers if you allow transfers off

Oh yeah I actually forgot about this. It already exists! Good point. This need to be pointed out more often.

Xfers are only available from Crusader strike to Lava Lash… Since I dont play on CS, then no… xfers are not in fact free right now. Or available at all.

Because in Warmode, you don’t have to compete with non-PvP for resources…they’re separate shards. (Also has progression benefit in increased rewards.)

With Warmode, if I want to be able to literally fight for nodes, I can by being in Warmode.
If I want to get somewhere without being harassed/camped, I can do that by not being in war mode.

The only actual loss would be not being able to kill bots because they’d all be in non-Warmode.

1 Like

No it doesn’t… and it’s dumb to say it does.

I’ll quote you again when blizzard fails to handle server populations and we are back to one faction mega servers. The exact result we got in Retail and in 2019

1 Like

Literally the first time I’ve heard war mode described to me, and honestly that sounds like a serviceable system.

They could add a war mode layer to PVE realms right now and it would affect absolutely 0 people. People may not actually use it on those realms, but it would be a good systems test.

The only precedent we have for their management of server balance is SOD, where for the first time they heavily restricted character creation to maintain balance, and it was a massive success and still is to this day. So to recap, your argument is that Blizzard will fail to uphold their goal of faction balance, when the only attempt they’ve ever made at faction balance has been a glowing success?

Bold move Cotton. Let’s see how it plays out.

Warmode is probably among the worst additions they added to the game, it’s up there with LFR.

1 Like

It is.

The only people upset by it are the people who get off on killing people who are only on PvP servers to be with their friends or the population and don’t actually like wPvP.

War Mode just demonstrated for the super-PvP’ers just how niche their primary enjoyment is in WoW.

2 Likes

That’s why pve servers exist…

Go to a pve server and toggle pvp off and on as many times as you want. This is the option you want right? The option to opt in or out anytime you want? You got it. Pve server.

They have the “war mode” you are looking for

On a PvE server, I have no option for engaging a person for resource nodes… (other than trying to grief them with a mob.)

With Warmode, I could be in the Warmode Shard and actually fight other people for them.

Then play on a pvp server if you want to contest nodes with pvp

1 Like

literally trying lol. Xfers off Lone Wolf arent open

I do play on a PvP server, and I do like the dancing competition over resource nodes.

What I don’t like is spending 30 minutes trying to get from Splinter Tree to Felwood because the other faction is just controlling only road north.

With Warmode, I can compete for resources in PvP, and handle other business in normal mode. (The Warmode & Nonwarmode players don’t even see each other.) The only argument against it is “we need our unwilling victims”

3 Likes

Warmode is an excellent addition, especially in SoD where its literally just whoever goes first wins.

3-4 classes can kill anyone else without being touched. So its really not fun playing the 3-4 classes that arent in that group.

Its old, tiresome, and not fun.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s technically possible TBH. (This is all just an exercise in exposing the full time PvPers for just wanting full time victims and being concerned at losing them.)

If it was though, holy crap would that be great.

1 Like

Pvp servers were a mistake

7 Likes

I kind of liked it. The Pansies.

Kinda like Dynamic Flying was how flying should’ve started in WoW if at all…

Warmode is how PvP should’ve started in WoW for open world PvP option.

1 Like

First, let’s salute the heroes of the PvP server, the Salty Spitoon of Azeroth. These are the lands where the elite come to flex their muscles and the griefers come to flex their… well, actually, that’s all they do. Yes, watch out for the noble knights of low-level camping, who roam the wilderness hunting players that barely know their class yet. Their battle cry? “I could be raiding or leveling, but ruining your day is a full-time commitment!” Truly, these warriors of woe have no life beyond their screen, and they wear their lack of social engagements like a badge of honor. It’s hard work ensuring no newbie enjoys their first quests!

Sliding into the realm of reason, we find the Warmode Server, the Weenie Hut Jr.'s of the lot. This is the Goldilocks zone of WoW servers—just enough danger to keep your adrenaline pumping, but with a safe word when things get too spicy. Players here can toggle PvP like they’re flipping between channels—combat when you want it, peace when you don’t. It’s the sensible choice for those who value their sanity and prefer their evenings to be a mix of swordplay and sipping tea. Think of it as responsible PvP, where you can still feel tough without needing to prove it by camping outside a newbie’s respawn.

And then, there’s the PvE server, or as it’s affectionately known, Super Weenie Hut Jr.'s. If the PvP server is a thunderstorm of egos, the PvE server is a gentle drizzle of cooperation. Here, danger is a foreign concept, and the scariest encounter might be deciding whether to go with the salad or soup before a raid. This is the land of casual gamers, where battles are scheduled like playdates, and everyone’s a winner. It’s the digital equivalent of a padded playground, where every sharp corner has been lovingly cushioned to ensure no one gets a boo-boo while fighting the big, bad, carefully programmed boss.

-Chatgpt Answer to PvP/Warmode/PvE server in comparison to Salty Spitoon/Weenie Hut Jr.'s/Super Weenie Hut Jr.'s , could help the discussion, figured I’d share.

2 Likes