Stop Making PVP servers if you allow transfers off

I wasn’t name calling or putting anyone down. I was speaking up for how most hardcore pvp players feel. All I said above is nobody wants that lame system. I was calling war mode lame, it wasn’t aimed at a specific person.

I’m happy that anyone who doesn’t want to be on a pvp server anymore, can leave at no charge

It killed WPvP when it was introduced.

I actually enjoyed WPvP on Emerald Dream back in the day, warmode killed it overnight.

Should just implement a war mode and call it good.

3 Likes

Emerald was POPPIN. I would be there in the blink of an eye if they brought it back

1 Like

No reason to. You got your free transfer, just go to that pve server that you want. It’s free, no catch to it.

WotLK on Emerald Dream was peak WoW for me.

You can’t go home again, I guess.

PvP servers always sound great in theory. Unfortunately, players mess it it for everyone. I personally believe that WPvP servers should only allow you to fight others that are +/- 5 levels of your own level. I think this would encourage new rerolls to PvP realms, and facilitate a healthy environment for the sheep… err I mean the player, to level up.

What we get instead is a bunch of rogues who get to max level, just to go and camp 20-25 questing zones for what seems like hours on end. Or you get a 40-man raid blocking raid entrances or quest turn-ins.

3 Likes

If my guild decided to go, I’d go.

But we’re more interested in keeping the guild together than skipping out on the BS that is OWPVP in SoD.

(And I’ve been a person that happily rolled on PvP servers since 2019 classic. And did a lot of wPvP on the normal server I started on- including getting “That Takes Class” at level 37 and leading a successful “For The Horde” raid at level 72 in wrath.)

PvP was fun 5 years ago. now its annoying. Im just trying to run around the world doing stuff, not getting smoked by every class in the game.

Rogues, Hunters, Priests, all impossible to face in the world. Just not fun anymore. I want off.

2 Likes

In what way are PVP servers going to be impacted by people leaving?

Transfers are free now. You can do that

The unwilling victims would leave, the raidloggers would stay, and their honor farming raids would be bored farming bots in the open world.

I suspect that’s the fear.

1 Like

Are you being serious or is this just some kind of play on “World pvp is not actual pvp”

Crusader Strike has like 20,000 people, probably 30k if you count non-raiders. Do you think 19,000 of them are leaving or something? I’m serious, what is the doom scenario you fear?

I didn't mean you. Sorry if it conveyed that way. I appreciated your response.

I believe this is one of the servers i was talking about and understand peoples resentment torwards it with previous points.

You know who also had a bunch of players before transfers opened up.

Faerlina

Benediction

Herod

Whitemane

You think just because a server has a bunch of players on it that it makes them immune to a mass exodus? All it takes is the balance to be shifted in favor of the other faction by a big enough margin to be noticed and the dominos fall.

1 Like

I was a Fairbanks refugee to Grobb.

Fairbanks killed their alliance population…and became effectively a normal server before it died.

1 Like

A mass exodus means people don’t want to play on PVP servers anymore.

Which means your argument is that Blizzard should force them to continue playing on a server they don’t like. To put it bluntly, that’s a terrible argument and if I had personally made it, I would delete this thread asap.

Wrong again. Try again?

Why do people keep asking for war mode in sod? It already exists, you can toggle pvp on or off on a pve server.