Stop justifying your new system by breaking old ones

People are also willing to take anything Blizzard feeds them.

3 Likes

I didn’t say it would be dandy. I specifically argue it wouldn’t be dandy. The golem should be treated the same way the strider is being treated.

Either way, the strider’s functionality isn’t being truely removed at all. If you want to water walk on your strider you still can.

Well, this whole thing rubs me the wrong way in general because blizz took the time to develope unique mounts with unique abilities that made sense.

Sky golem has appendages so it makes sense it could herb for you. It should also be able to mine (dunno if either golem can mine)
Mammoths and yaks are big enough to carry vendors
Water striders are the only organism I know of that can do what they do on water really. The boat (and upcoming boat mounts if they happen) should have come with the same ability of course

Now it’s just going to be all willy nilly with cats and horses and bikes walking/gliding on water. Doesn’t sit well with me for the sake of immersion, but whatever.

As for the equipment and the strider… I just don’t think I should have to equip something just so my mount can do what it’s always done. I’m not too concerned about striders not having extra abilities and other mounts being left out on water walking.

I never understood people who said “I’m tired of only seeing striders. I’m sick of only using my strider” because a) I don’t see just striders and b) I’ve never felt like I could only use my strider. I pull it out when I fall in the harbor or when I’m out in a zone with water I need to cross, or of course in the dungeon. The rest of the time I am using my regular ground mounts.

This is like… GW2 going from having very specific mount abilities to equipping all mounts to do whatever ability. If anyone has played it and worked through getting the mounts then they know how ridiculous that would be. I’d rather see blizz give more abilities to select mounts instead of generalizing it through equipment and working on introducing different mounts with those abilities (like the boat and the water strider), but that’s just me.

5 Likes

well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.

They are reducing choices not expanding. Portal prune all over again.

2 Likes

No to mention… there was a funny thread about “what did blizzard learn”?

Tell me… they learned to keep doing these idiotic approaches to the changes they want to make. They have a thing they don’t like. They remove it. Then add something else that isn’t exactly what was there before to justify taking away the thing and adding the new thing.

Stop. Breaking. Things.

Feel free to add the new stuff, not at the cost of breaking the existing stuff. This approach is moronic.

3 Likes

It sounds like your complaint comes down to not wanting to spend the 2 seconds it will take to equip the free water walking equipment they will mail you for having a strider. Which, I’m sorry, but that’s a pretty low cost for everyone else to have the system vastly improved.

You keep saying that and you havent responded ONCE to how it’s reducing choices.

It has been explained throughout many threads already.

Here’s the problem skippy…

When they make the item a consumable and turn it into a gold sink will you still like it? You watch, I bet this equipment thing is a one time use that gets overwritten every time you want to equip something new.

I don’t get why … oh … nevermind, I get why you defend this. You’re just a troll.

Making ANY mount walk on water is reducing… Hmmmmm a must have missed where a gain is reducing.

1 Like

I think I outlined more than one issue I have with the whole system, not just that one particular aspect. That’s my personal feedback on pretty much the whole thing.

Water walking was removed from ONE mount. With the option to add it back on.
Water walking is now an option for 423 other mounts. That sounds like a vast increase in options to me.

What! The! FFFFFFFFFFFFF! Are you serious? Why are they doing this??? This is the most retarded thing they’ve done since the deletion of flying!

3 Likes

How often would you be changing equipment that you see this as a problem?

They don’t understand how this is a prune. Sad! I guess nothing earned in this game anymore matters.

Terrible but that is the audience Blizz wants to attract where they reset everything every patch and where nothing you earned matters anymore.

Because what you quoted is partially false.

Yes you need the mount equipment to water walk. However everyone with a strider gets a waterwalking equipment for free. You can choose to use that or any of the other equipment options. What affect you have is totally up to you.

Characters under 100 will have perks unless they are a brand new account. A brand new account wouldn’t have a strider anyway, so nothing is lost.

1 Like

Hey, this is how free-to-play mechanics get implemented. That’s all I’m seeing these days… we’re going to end up there - all the benefits of a free-to-play with a subscription! I can’t want to have the privilege to serve my Blizzard.

1 Like

I mean, I rather not have to swap mounts to get water walking when I’m not playing a Shaman or Death Knight. Remove it from one mount, to be able to give it to ANY mount? I mean, that’s technically a net gain.

3 Likes

What bothers me is they are going to keep adding free 2 play mechanics they need to drop the sub fee.

This is disgusting to be honest because even in free 2 play games you keep what you earn (or buy).

Even in WoW with things you buy with gold like heirlooms that is an iffy proposition. By a token (with IRL money) you don’t earn or keep for long anything in this game anymore. What a racket.