Stop justifying your new system by breaking old ones

How is the net effect negative when there are MORE choices? The one effect being removed is still available and MORE WIDELY useable.

3 Likes

Blizzard has stated they don’t like the strider being significantly more “powerful” than other mounts. So let’s imagine they left water walking on the Strider. It is likely the strider would not be able to use equipment in this case, because then strider would be “to powerful” by virtue of having 2 affects.

Now let’s assume the strider is your favorite mount. You dont care about the water walking, you just like the look. So the new system comes out and you really want to use the reduced daze equipment but find out you can’t on your strider. You now have 2 choices. Accept that you cannot use the daze equipment or choose not to use the strider, your favorite mount. That doesn’t feel good.

With the current planned implementation. People who want to use the strider but don’t want water walking, can simply use a diff equipment and keep using the strider. People who want water walking but hate the strider, can simply use the water walking equipment with a different mount. People who want to use the strider AND water walking, well they can do that too.

The planned implementation is the only one where you aren’t punished based on what mount you like to ride.

2 Likes

Jesus… every time Blizzard opens its mouth about changes - I’m wanting to play less and less… keep it up Blizzard… you’re doing a damn fine job of driving off what’s left of your player base…

13 Likes

Sounds like you’re reaching for a reason to take a break.

Take one. 8.2 is a long way off.

Show me where they stated waterstriders wont be able to walk on water.

I don’t like this crap they ram down our throat - “It’s an improvement! Really… it is!”

It’s not… Blizzard is taking the ability to use player made items that give us immunity to daze/stuns while mounted, AND taking away the ability to use a mount that has water walking… and then FORCING us to choose one OR the other. That’s not an improvement. That’s justifying their new system by breaking the old one (just like OP stated).

11 Likes

I mean they could let you erase water walking on the strider for something else if you really wanted or just let it stay the way it is now and no choice is lost, but there isn’t the extra step of putting the equipment on it.

Good PR because they aren’t changing it unless you opt to and no extra step to put equipment on it for something it already had. I guess the gamebreaking part is that those the strider would get a free water walking equipment piece and the strider already having it.

1 Like

They’re taking the default effect away but mailing everybody the item that adds it back if they had the waterstrider.

Therefore mitigating any potential grievances.

People are whining for the sake of it.

5 Likes

But I hope you can see that even with your example it’s more a matter of perception. Functionally, the old functionality of the strider is still a choice. It’s just now a choice for ANY mount. Not only that, you now have other choice for the strider as well.

1 Like

They’re not really removing the functionality. They’re giving us the option to change that functionality if we so choose. If you already have a strider you automatically get one water walking equipment for free.

2 Likes

What else is new. Like the portals CoT is getting added. I miss the blasted lands portal… But somehow ill live

1 Like

It is allowing people to use more than that ugly bug on water.

Big improvement. I despise that thing because I have seen it way too much.

5 Likes

If one of the “equipment” options is an anti-daze feature, you can BET 100% WITH CERTAINTY that the chance to be dazed while mounted will be bumped up another 400%, because to create a fix to a problem, as always they will first have to create the problem.

Watch as your Azerite shields stop working to keep you mounted. Watch as the tiniest passing breath from a hostile gnat throws you off your mount and chain-dazes you. Well, guess you really shouldn’t have gone with the water walking perk bud. We TOLD you that we wanted to remove the water strider, and now you can only keep it if you suffer… :wink:

It’s a WATER STRIDER. Hence it strides on water, and that makes sense. A tiger or a dinosaur or a yak walking on water, on the other hand, makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

If Blizzard wanted to stop people using the strider everywhere (and we know they do because they tried to once before) then just make the striders a auto-choice of the “random mount” button when on water. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

4 Likes

@Vadimier - not “whining” for the sake of it. Blizzard is changing the ingame made barding (which grants mounted stun/daze immunity) into one of their “mount equipment” options. You will be able to choose water walking OR mounted stun/daze immunity - not both. How does that constitute an “improvement”?

You choose one or the other after their changes; or you have both (now) before the changes. So to clarify for those individuals who obviously can’t read… after the changes - you can have water walking or you can have stun/daze immunity; you can’t have both. Crystal clear - this is NOT an improvement.

2 Likes

Strafe through the mobs (they only daze you from behind) or be a tank.

Water walk to your heart’s content. I practically never get dazed on my dps characters.

Just gotta keep the mobs within 180 degrees of your chatacter’s front and you’re literally undazeable.

Again, there isn’t a problem here.

Remember kids: If you spot a mark on your wall, don’t just paint over it, or try to clean it.

BURN IT DOOOOOOOOOOOWN AND SCATTER THE ASHES!

Ugh.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t. The bug is too big for surface tension to do anything, and therefore is using magic anyway.

So it’s all equally illogical and powered by magic so you may as well be able to ride whatever you want.

The functionality should never have been added to begin with.

:man_shrugging:

There may not be now, but guaranteed, that will change. Just like daze chance magically went through the roof once “bardings” were introduced.

This is the Blizzard MO these days. Create the problem, then introduce an “exciting player choice” to fix it - at a cost.

1 Like

I do love it when they make a mistake, but instead of just walking back said mistake, they decide to just overhaul an entire thing that really didn’t need to be overhauled, instead of - you know - reverting the mistake.

1 Like

for me its not about the mount, its about sending a message, they arent getting back that gold nor the time spent grinding that mount, also blizzard couldve make an exception with the strider like the golem and everything woulde been dandy as you said, and i ask you now WHY THEY DIDNT?

a) power move, just so see if they could do it, not the first time they try to slip a change pretending is nothing.

b) incompentece, we just had all that debacle with the portal room, they know we dont take kindly when they remove something.

c) they did this on purpose so we could get angry about this to distract us from this lackluster expansion.

i was actually exited to see this implemented but i realized, why they had to remove strider ability to add this changes? the answer, they dont. look at the golem, they left it as it is, for me its not about the functionality, its the principle, they are screwing people that worked for this on the excuse that they are adding stuff, you cant deny any of this.

3 Likes