Stop giving us temporary systems over!

By your willful ignorance or intentional ignorance, you could say gear is borrowed power. Yes, it is, but the extent of what gear is and does does NOT compare to artifacts, Azerite, HoA, or Conduits, Covenant, etc.

And no, I do not agree. If you read the post more closely instead of going out of your way to troll, you’d see.

1 Like

Yes I’m trolling by pointing out that tier sets were equipment that drastically altered the power of your abilities on a temporary basis.

Often resulting in a change in the priority of the skills you used.

But only for current teir as you discarded them for the next.

Dang, I’m trolling so hard here

Except it doesnt have to be like that. They can limit how many spells you have active from different categories by letting you choose from the pool without taking anything away…ever.

Everquest 1 (the predecessor to wow) had classes with 30+ skills but you could only have 8 active at a time, for example.

1 Like

Tier sets also were more thematic than covenants if we look at it from any perspective really

Covenants were a poor attempt to rebrand the concept of tier sets. BlizZard should take the L and move on.

That is why PVP gear vendors are back, that is why unpruning happened, that is why Valor is coming back, etc.

BlizZards experiment with no tier sets is a big flop.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

Let me draw an analogy to your argument so hopefully you see how ridiculous and wrong it is:

Beating someone up is bodily harm.

Killing someone is bodily harm.

You: Beating someone up is the same as killing them! They are the same! The fact you agree that is IS bodily harm, same as killing, makes it same as killing!

2 Likes

5% BONUS from x ability compared to a who new system? Hard to compare.

1 Like

But…they want to take it away.

the mental gymnastics youre engaging in is quite impressive.

thats like saying weapon equip specials are borrowed power, they’re item specific and so are gear sets.

azerite gear, conenants, etc. that define your character over an entire expansion are what should be recognized as trash.

exactly, if you get into the semantics of the conversation anything above being a nude player is the definition of borrowed power, which is borderline woodape IQ levels.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your breath. Judging by his attitude and bullheaded reasoning, I am sure he is just here to antagonize players and stan for Blizz.

2 Likes

Gear that I can disenchant from three expansions ago isn’t borrowed power from an Enchanter’s perspective.

it still holds power to me and holds power to players that level and use that gear!

1 Like

Ermmm, you sort of sold it backwards.

To use your analogy I would agree that killing someone and beating them up are both versions of bodily harm.

Just like I would agree Lengendary Powers and Teir Gear are both borrowed powers to varying degrees

Why would I say tier gear is a legendary power? That makes no sense

Azerite gear was upgraded each Ilvl teir which made it exactly like Tier Gear with random powers

I mean that’s what you’re doing coming into this thread talking about a very specific type of Borrowed Power and flooding it with terrible arguments about other “Borrowed Powers” that are so far removed from modern BP that it’s asinine to draw any sort of comparison.

That makes no sense

It doesn’t which is why I suspect you’re just a troll looking to defend Papa Blizzard and antagonize fans who want to have a good faith discussion about the game.

1 Like

Rental systems do not connect to the overall WoW experience like the achievement system, glyph system, mounts, gold, etc.

Creating stand alone games and features as the main focus isn’t appealing to most MMORPG players.

Like I said before MMORPG game play is about long term growth and connecting to the world. If an expansion doesn’t carry any connection with the existing WoW world then you have a massive disconnect.

That breaks player immersion.

And reduces replay value which is a big no no for a MMORPG like WoW.

4 Likes

I second this. I don’t know why Blizz spends time and resources on systems that they have no plans on keeping expansion after expansion.

2 Likes

Are they to a different scale, sure. But they are both borrowed power systems.

That was my statement from the very beginning. It seems like you agree.

I’m not sure why you keep attacking the concept

Tier sets are borrowed power! It doesn’t matter if you think it isn’t to the same degree as other systems.

So much this. What was the point of the legendary weapons if they can’t be built on? What was the point of the azerite necklace if it disappears after two years? It makes no logical sense.

1 Like

Rental systems is not content. And I would also say that whatever cost savings BlizZard bean counters thought rental systems would provide in place of real content it is not materializing!

Indeed, what we are seeing is rental systems are eating a lot of dev time resources and taking away from:

• Core Class Balance
  • QoL features of existing systems that carry from expansion to expansion (Glyphs, talent trees, etc)
  • Art resources

Rental systems are single handedly consuming all the various teams working on WoW and taking away from addressing core parts of WoW.

And that is how you have retail in a stagnating state by chasing standalone expansion development over growing the core WoW universe.

2 Likes

Tier sets retain what they come with. They do not get deleted when a new expansion comes out. You can continue to use them to the best of their ability if you want to. We get to keep the tier sets.

The borrowed power, such as the legenday legion weapons, the azerite necklace and the covenant perks are turned off after the next expansion is up and running. You do not get to keep them or reuse them. Plus, they give you abilities, unlike the tier sets.

Borrow by definition is take and use (something that belongs to someone else) with the intention of returning it.

1 Like