Stop giving us temporary systems over!

Are they to a different scale, sure. But they are both borrowed power systems.

That was my statement from the very beginning. It seems like you agree.

I’m not sure why you keep attacking the concept

Tier sets are borrowed power! It doesn’t matter if you think it isn’t to the same degree as other systems.

So much this. What was the point of the legendary weapons if they can’t be built on? What was the point of the azerite necklace if it disappears after two years? It makes no logical sense.

1 Like

Rental systems is not content. And I would also say that whatever cost savings BlizZard bean counters thought rental systems would provide in place of real content it is not materializing!

Indeed, what we are seeing is rental systems are eating a lot of dev time resources and taking away from:

• Core Class Balance
  • QoL features of existing systems that carry from expansion to expansion (Glyphs, talent trees, etc)
  • Art resources

Rental systems are single handedly consuming all the various teams working on WoW and taking away from addressing core parts of WoW.

And that is how you have retail in a stagnating state by chasing standalone expansion development over growing the core WoW universe.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Tier sets retain what they come with. They do not get deleted when a new expansion comes out. You can continue to use them to the best of their ability if you want to. We get to keep the tier sets.

The borrowed power, such as the legenday legion weapons, the azerite necklace and the covenant perks are turned off after the next expansion is up and running. You do not get to keep them or reuse them. Plus, they give you abilities, unlike the tier sets.

Borrow by definition is take and use (something that belongs to someone else) with the intention of returning it.

1 Like

they prefer to focus on failed features that at the beginning the community told them it wont work, like azerite power

but a feature that have been so much successful and everyone liked them? hell no!

allied races players are just sit here in face of “blizzard, seriously wtf?!”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-are-you-even-listening/877830

True.

The tier set bonuses may change with the arrival of an expansion but they still remain.

1 Like

The WoD tier sets were disabled when Legion launched…well, I guess all Tier sets were disabled then

But even if they did keep working, they are worthless because of the level difference

Yeah, the bonuses get nerfed and removed… Just like borrowed power systems.

You still retain the tier sets, do you not? Then that is not borrowed. By the definition, borrowing is returning what was given, hence tier sets are not borrowed powers.

I agree that they would be worthless regardless if they did work.

You still retain your azerite gear and your Legion legendaries, do you not?

They all have something in common, they are all broken, thus borrowed power.

That isn’t borrowed power when they are baked baseline into classes or specs.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is. Enhancing our normal abilities for a temporary time. The exact definition of borrowed power.

EHHHHH WRONG.

Tier sets never completed a class/spec like the systems we’ve been getting since Legion which have been a passive talent tree. Artifact weapon , Azerite gear and Soul Binds all passive talent trees. Tier sets just gave added bonuses to completed classes and out side of High end content you didn’t need them .

How ever If you tried to play Legion when it was current with out artifact weapon or BfA with out Azerite gear or any level 60 SL content without soul binds well then good luck .

1 Like

Yup.

At this point the defense of rental systems and trying to lump gear and tier sets with rental systems and borrowed power shows the desperate attempt to defend current BlizZard machinations.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I haven’t defended Blizzard at all. I feel all of the systems are bad. The systems have been in place longer than you think.

1 Like

Precisely.

One of WoDs PVP set bonus was five CPs after a vanish. It wasn’t make or break if you did not have it.

But without Azerite or legiondaries you simply can not function to play at any level for that expansion with borrowed power.

2 Likes

I am talking about the borrowed power from Azerite necklace, covenants, and Legion weapons. You get special abilities from those things, actual powers. You also get stamina and so on additions, but gear gets you that as well.

What I am saying is that you do not get specific skills from the tier sets, like you do with covenants, the azerite necklace and the legion wepons. Therefore those are actual borrowed powers that get taken away, they no longer function. The tier sets you get to keep. They do not give you special skills, like those borrowed powers. Do you see where I am getting at?

Exactly.

To reiterate, classes and specs werent designed around tier gear. Classes and specs rn are designed around these Blockbuster™ rental systems.

To establish an equivalence between the two is on a shockingly low level of reasoning…

2 Likes

Cool, I am talking about all borrowed power systems.

Yeah, you don’t like that they have double/tripled down on it, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t already exist.

I believe they will quadruple down on it next expansion. Believe me I hate it too.