Stop FP camping

Which I’d love to do at the given moment without having to rez multiple times in order successfully escape and navigate to Stormwind and back, a ludicrous restriction under the circumstance; that’s why the offered alternatives by myself and others are totally reasonable as they do not interfere with your enjoyment of the game or your play-style in the slightest.

It’s obvious you choose not to understand our point while I fully understand yours, which is an empty argument from an narrow mindset that assumes it’s unreasonable to have a middle ground; I have yet to see a convincing rationale that it’s ‘good design’ that in order to play BfA you must be fully dedicated to PvP whenever you’re not in one of the one capital cities or not play PvP ever and lose access to the attached bonuses that would otherwise continue to apply when you’re not attacking/being attacked by another player.

The “and are unwilling to form a group” comment is dismissable as it assumes that one can create a group at any given moment at will; one cannot. Your idea that ‘Warmode MAKES forming a group a necessity’ by definition also means ‘a group is necessary to do World Quests’ is flawed on it’s face as World Quests can be completed without a group, as I’m sure you’ve done many times yourself.

But as I said above, it’s not unreasonable or a reduction in game-play for anyone else if a camped WQ can be circumvented by the opposite-faction player turning off Warmode at that moment in time. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

so you are so narrow minded to not see an issue with being able to turn off war mode at a moments notice?

sounds like you want the best of both worlds lol. Turning off war mode whenever it pleases you kinda defeats the purpose.

3 Likes

Defeats the purpose of what? Your own idea of the ‘best world’ I suspect. And how is proposing a equitable solution that harms no one “narrow minded?”

I guess our disagreement rests on the fact that I feel Warmode, with the exception of faction balance, which Blizzard has addressed with mixed results, is great how it is.

You requested arguments regarding the limitation imposed by Blizzard as to where a player can enable/disable Warmode…I will give you a few:

If Blizzard allowed the toggling of Warmode from anywhere in the gaming world, dodging combat would be worse than it is now (e.g., joining a group to get phased, dancing in and out of areas that are phased based on a players quest progress).

Blizzard could go back to how “flagging” worked on PVE servers pre-BFA. However, after enabling PVP, that system required staying out of PVP combat for a full five minutes. This would be close to impossible while being camped. With how sharding/phasing works I do not believe Blizzard would allow the PVP timer to decrease while dead. Also, I doubt that a player would be able to remain dead for five minutes next to their corpse while waiting for their PVP flag to fall off, rez and instantly be put into a non-PVP shard.

Additionally, if Blizzard allowed players to enable/disable Warmode from anywhere, it would remove the challenge of Warmode. It is supposed to be hard. You are supposed to get annihilated from time to time. Where is the challenge if players only have Warmode enabled on the WQs where their faction either outnumbers the opposing, or they are the only ones present? It would be akin to being able to adjust Mythic dungeons on the fly. If players were able to set Mythics to 0 for trash, but then increase it for bosses, the the challenge of Mythics, and the better rewards, would be trivialized. Warmode is an overall experience, not an area to area experience.

The reason I and players like me state “turn it off” is due to the fact that most players refuse to learn how to Warmode effectively. If I want to do a WQ, or turn in an emissary quest, in Seekers vista, I don’t fly into seekers vista. I fly into Fort Daelin, which is ridiculously close to Seekers Vista. It is easy to circumvent any FP camping. Also, many players don’t prepare for the challenge of Warmode like they do for Mythic dungeons or raids. I feel this is required if a player wants to Warmode effectively. For example, Demitri’s Draught of Deception and Potion of concealment can both be used while using your hearthstone. The Darkmoon Cannon, Underlight Angler, and Goblin Glider for exiting an altercation. Blackened Worg Steak for humanoid tracking to see what you are riding into. These are just a few items a player can use.

Warmode is hard, it is supposed to be, thus the benefits for enabling it. Most players, instead of proper preparedness, complain and ask for changes that I feel aren’t necessary.

1 Like

Got murdered there on my belf mage just this morning. Corpse hopped out of there and kept questing. No big deal.

1 Like

No it’s not, and I guarantee noone has ever been banned for logging onto the opposite faction to find a player with /who to kill them on their main

no it was blizzards idea. that 10% boost is there for when you get in a situation where you want to turn warmode off.

tell me again how you want that 10% boost yet want to turn off pvp whenever you please? you cant see how stupid that is?

give a mouse a cookie lol. give pve crybabies who rolled on a pvp server a way to turn it off and they want that way AT A MOMENTS NOTICE.

honestly, not even having to wait the 5 mins that you do with WARMODE OFF? please kid. open your eyes a bit

2 Likes

No, I can’t, because it isn’t. ‘Stupid’ resides in those who a) think it is stupid and b) don’t understand such an improvement harms them not a whit.

Please, child, learn how to write a cogent sentance.

Lovely answer. Too bad it dodges the question.

I gave you three separate arguments in answer to your question. Your response is generic, juvenile, and quite disappointing. You do not address, or offer a rebuttal to any of my valid points. It is more than clear to me that you have nothing to add.

Your response did shed some light though. One needs to wonder no longer as to why you at terrible at WPVP when you are this bad at public debate.

You say changes to stop camping or hangs the nature of WPVP wouldn’t affect our enjoyment of the game, but inconveniencing the alliance is what I enjoy. Why should blizzard change a pvp situation to give an unfair advantage to your side?

And you can say all you like that the horde complain about the alliance camping just the same, and it’s true. But it’s not the same people. The whiners on both sides are those who try to play a MMO solo and turn on WM for the bonuses, not for pvp.

3 Likes

I have the best solution, lets make servers say like Tich, Illidan, Stormrage, ect.

And let’s have those Servers be PvP all the time, and they force WM on, you can’t turn it off. Then let’s allow people on non WM servers be able to toggle WM on and off at will, with a 5min debuff that they can’t turn it off for 5 mins after turning it on or engaging in PvP combat.

That will solve everyone’s problems right? Oh wait…

1 Like

HURRR don’t like X thing in game? Quit game! Don’t like X thing in country! Leave country! /s Learn to actually form a debate please. FP camping is a problem, ganking all the time is a problem, not being fixed = removal of warmode eventually. See PvP servers.

“Just make a counter raid.” Oh, tried for hours. Weird! It’s almost as if, there’s more than one server and shard where MOST of the time as Alliance you can’t get a counter raid.

Yoy know why you get such responses? Cause there is a pvp solution, you just don’t like that answer. I hope you are angry

Do you honestly think they got rid of pvp servers cause of fp camping? Shows why you won’t accept that there is a solution to your little issue.

Keep asking for groundbreaking changes that will ruin warmode for the rest of us.

If camping FPs, 40v1, or ganking people 40v1 is what you live for and not being able to would ‘ruin warmode’ for you then perhaps PvP just isn’t for you. Because that’s not actual PvP, that’s just ganking; and it’s for bad players not actually interested in PvP but want bragging rights about PvP.

I think if you don’t like flying into a mob of 40 enemies, surely to your death, but JUST MAYBE I can take out one or two. That’s a perfectly good example of what warmode is all about.

Maybe you like pvp but not world pvp. I heard it’s mostly equal in bgs and arenas. Try those out and leave your wildly stupid rules out of world pvp

2 Likes

Or remove ganking from the game and give huge buffs to people getting outnumbered in PvP so they actually have a chance at 1v40.

Doesn’t sound like warmode is for you lol.

Probably should stop crying too. Us gankers love that.

3 Likes

Lol, gosh I really hate sharding. I would love nothing more to xfer to this guy’s realm /who and camp him at every FP.

This man (or woman?) is a salt factory!

“Warmode isn’t PvP it’s ganking bleh” “PvP servers removed and Warmode is next”

2 things.

1. WPvP has never been fair, it is has never been balanced, not on wow, not on any of the other millions of games that have it. It’s always been and always will be Ganking. Want fair? Q BGs.

2. Trying to use the PvP servers shut down as an insult to gankers, I would say quite the opposite. Yes it was removed due to people falling out of love with WPvP and wanting to leave the server but couldn’t.

However with the removal, it added a flagging system to PvE servers, that the PvErs actually use. So if all of WPvP is about ganking those that can’t defend, how is that not a +100 for ganking? The PvP players expected the deaths, it’s the pve server people making all these threads.

People like it, when they gank someone and then that person complains.

1 point - if they emote at you when they res, before you kill them again.

3 points - if they try and bring a friend.

5 points - if they build a random group.

8 points - if they Make a toon on your server to PM you.

10 points - if they make a forum post.

2 Likes

Why … ganking is part of WPvP… what make you think it was supposed to be fair .

If you want ‘fair’ fights do BG etc

2 Likes