Stop FP camping

Blizzard,
You need to add some powerful guards to stop FP camping. It's utterly ridiculous. You land get Loss of Control locked and killed. There is a 20+ player raid camping Seeker's Vista because there is 0 defense there. Anyone flying in gets destroyed, and even if you hear about it as you enter the zone there is no way to bail from the Flight Path. I'm all for PvP and Warmode, but this is just exploitation of defenseless targets.
2 Likes
Make a raid and counter it, it's what I end up doing. Fun times.
10 Likes
11/04/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Ailanthus
PvP and Warmode

Yes, PVP did happen while in Warmode. No llorar.
6 Likes
11/04/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Zadie
Make a raid and counter it, it's what I end up doing. Fun times.

If only it were that simple. I tried twice tonight to get a group to kill Horde at Seeker's Vista. The most we ever got was six, against 20+ Horde. I do a /who and I see there are 44 Alliance in Stormsong Valley. I gotta wonder why these people have WM turned on if they don't want to kill assassins.
1 Like
One thing you can do to help break a siege if you're outnumbered is to kite the elite goblin mech into the area. It immediately starts nuking the whole area and gets everyone on its threat table whether they attack it or not. Then you drop aggro with Bloodthorn Loop and start peeling people at the edge of the area.

Earlier in the week we ended up breaking a group of 15 or so with 6 of our own. That fire mech does NOT !@#$ around.
9 Likes
11/04/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Sevaryn
One thing you can do to help break a siege if you're outnumbered is to kite the elite goblin mech into the area. It immediately starts nuking the whole area and gets everyone on its threat table whether they attack it or not. Then you drop aggro with Bloodthorn Loop and start peeling people at the edge of the area.

Earlier in the week we ended up breaking a group of 15 or so with 6 of our own. That fire mech does NOT !@#$ around.

Gracias, that's brilliant.
I'll have to try this.
It's extremely easy to counter getting FP camped by huge horde groups. Turn off warmode and they will disappear.

The reason horde FP camp is because there are still alliance players who have warmode turned on. If alliance stop supplying horde with free kills, horde will get bored and won't bother camping anything.

No horde group is going to sit there for longer than an hour when not a single alliance target shows up. They will get bored and disperse.

Pretty simple stuff.
2 Likes
At what point does griefing a player become harassment?
Earlier, there was a group of 30-40 alliance camping Seeker's. For hours. My suggestion, either turn of warmode (yes, I'm aware everyone says it, but honestly, it's not hard to just turn it off for a while to get things done or even go elsewhere and let things calm down. I'm sure people get bored of camping flight paths after some time), or try to get a group together to counter them. It's just how things go in warmode some times.
8 Likes
11/05/2018 12:17 AMPosted by GrĂ aka
Earlier, there was a group of 30-40 alliance camping Seeker's. For hours. My suggestion, either turn of warmode (yes, I'm aware everyone says it, but honestly, it's not hard to just turn it off for a while to get things done or even go elsewhere and let things calm down. I'm sure people get bored of camping flight paths after some time), or try to get a group together to counter them. It's just how things go in warmode some times.

100% agree. Warmode bonus is a *reward* for the extra risk
2 Likes
Blizzard,
You need to add some powerful guards to stop FP camping. It's utterly ridiculous. You land get Loss of Control locked and killed. There is a 20+ player raid camping Seeker's Vista because there is 0 defense there. Anyone flying in gets destroyed, and even if you hear about it as you enter the zone there is no way to bail from the Flight Path. I'm all for PvP and Warmode, but this is just exploitation of defenseless targets.

The problem here isn't war mode; the problem is CC that doesn't break on damage.
turn off war mode...problem solved
2 Likes
11/05/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Yarrow
The problem here isn't war mode; the problem is CC that doesn't break on damage.

The only CC that doesn't break on damage would be stuns and cyclone.

Other than that, every other CC breaks on a certain amount of damage.

The problem isn't CC, it's you.
4 Likes
11/05/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Alphon

Other than that, every other CC breaks on a certain amount of damage.

The problem isn't CC, it's you.
I see you are now ok with a large raid group camping a location. This a considerable difference of option from your form posts regarding the anduin knights raid group. Your post as of late have been more and more hypocritical. You may play both factions, but you are clearly as of late showing bias to one over the other.
11/05/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Alphon

Exactly.
1 Like
11/05/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Xaren

When the player is actually targeted across different characters and zones. If another player is using some sort of spying to follow you from Seeker's Vista to Zandalar, or somehow track you down on your alts, then that is harassment.
11/05/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Balanor
11/05/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Xaren

When the player is actually targeted across different characters and zones. If another player is using some sort of spying to follow you from Seeker's Vista to Zandalar, or somehow track you down on your alts, then that is harassment.

Do you know of people actually getting suspended or banned for this? I mean, I would agree with you, but I'm not aware of any enforcement. I'm pretty sure that Blizz is okay with getting their whole guild to target you, for example.
11/05/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Yarrow
11/05/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Balanor

Do you know of people actually getting suspended or banned for this? I mean, I would agree with you, but I'm not aware of any enforcement. I'm pretty sure that Blizz is okay with getting their whole guild to target you, for example.

Not lately, but it happened back in the day when our server had more general drama. PvP problems should have PvP solutions generally, but using systems like say, logging into an Alliance alt to /who a target and chase them down, is not part of that maxim.

I know it's vague, but it generally falls on under this part of the Blizzard End User License:

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

Chasing someone beyond their main character, or explicitly tracking them with methods like the one I mentioned above falls under "unreasonably" undermining someone's game experience.
Everyone crying about being camped, when the solution is a simple hearth and mouse click away. You are literally complaining about something you brought on yourself by choosing to play with WM on. I mean, there's no logic to that.
3 Likes
11/04/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Chingasos
PvP and Warmode

Yes, PVP did happen while in Warmode. No llorar.

Remember guys, this is a post made by an Alliance with frustration about HORDE camping a flight path.

In the near future, Horde making a post angry about Anduin's Knights 'lol 40 man over helpless horde'.
2 Likes