Stop FP camping

And here I thought, WM was for WPvPing, and solely for those that enjoy that aspect of the game. FP camping has always been in the game, that isn't new. I remember when the ports in Argus were being camped for hours on end by both horde and alliance. If you are flagging up for the 'bonus' then you are WMing wrong lol. And you will get disappointed because the bonus isn't worth it, if you don't wanna engage in pvp.
2 Likes
I remember the first time I saw crossroads getting ally camped. It was awesome.. Specially when the counter raid showed up.
2 Likes
No. FP camping is the best thing ever. The reason why is because when you are camping FPs it is the most fun ever.
1 Like
Even before shards people camped the duck out of FP, my server was ruthless for it, people saying its a new thing are showing how little they wpvp.
3 Likes
yeah, that off option for warmode

stop crying
2 Likes
Hmm, look at all these Horde telling Ally to turn off warmode. then we have whole threads of people complaining that too many Ally have warmode off.

/whodathunkit
3 Likes
Heaven forbid we actually try and improve Warmode. Nope the answer from the peanut gallery is always - turn warmode off. Don't bother replying to these conversations or in world chat if that is all your input is going to be.
1 Like

ā€œHeaven forbid we actually try and improve Warmode. Nope the answer from the peanut gallery is always - turn warmode off. Donā€™t bother replying to these conversations or in world chat if that is all your input is going to be.ā€

Indeed. Thoughtful conversation seems to be lacking on their part.

1 Like

Dont take the minority as the majority. Thereā€™s a lot of good conversation from both sides.

As far as camping, it is unfortunate and does happen, but thereā€™s only a few things that can be done.

The only one Blizz can do is make guards insanely powerful.

The only one players can do is make counter raids.

1 Like

Guards are already insanely powerful. If a Horde Rogue gets near Brennadam the guards see through stealth, if you attack one 4 more materialize, and they chase you across the zone vanish or not. Same for the Alliance spawn town in Volā€™dun, Port of something.

Blizzard has addressed the guards.

They are more of a glorified spotlight. Their damage is trivial unless thereā€™s about 15 of them. And even then most classes can manage through it.

A guard damage boost would be the only thing to deter people from fighting. Anyport is a prime example of that as they hit incredibly hard.

I am all for FP camping. It makes the other faction have to form a group and a great PVPtastic brew ha ha ensues.

What blizzard needs to do is to make all flight masters un-killable, or so powerful that it takes 20+ players to even have a chance at killing them. Or, as in Seekerā€™s Vista, an object that cannot be interacted with at all except for access the FP network. Regardless, and especially in lowbie areas, there should be a way out.

1 Like

Itā€™s bad game design/thinking that ā€œmakes the other faction have to form a groupā€ when all the player wants to do is something that has nothing to do with the necessity of forming said group in the first place.

As soon as a player enables Warmode, It is assumed that PVP is first and all other content is secondary. If you do not feel this way the TURN OFF WARMODE!!!

2 Likes

We donā€™t know because griefing does not exist as per blizzards definition.

I have to admit I simply donā€™t understand the ā€˜just turn off warmodeā€™ argument. How would alternative suggestions like that of the OP POSSIBLY impact you so negatively that you present such an emotionally invested stance? If anything, the various 'escape hatch possibilities that are presented work much better in favor of those for whom PvP is the first and foremost part of the game.

My reply wasnā€™t in response to the OP statement, I agree with him on a few points and even make my own suggestions in a previous post. My reply was in response to yours where you wrote:

If you are there to do anything other than PVP, and are unwilling to form a group, then you should turn Warmode off.

This system is amazing. It allows players to participate in world content without the worry of being ganked/zerged, by allowing the player to toggle PVP off/on.

My argument is completely clear and simple, I am sorry if you do not understand it. If you ā€œwant to do is something that has nothing to do with the necessity of forming said group in the first place.ā€ ----Warmode MAKES forming a group a necessity.

World PVP has always been about zerging/camping. From the zerg in South Shore and Tarren Millā€¦to the camping of battleground entrancesā€¦to the camping of lowbie zones. My ā€œTURN OFF WARMODEā€ statement is made because that is exactly what WARMODE isā€¦zerging/camping and the need, at times to form a group.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind the faction camping and raids at places like Seekers point, itā€™s just to be expected of WPvP. The thing that gets me is when you see people killing the guards at Seekers point, it should be like it was with Booty Bay or the Bloodsail Buccaneers where if you kill them you lose reputation; note Iā€™ve never killed a Tortollan guard so I donā€™t know if you lose rep or not, but you SHOULD and it should be a good chunk, like 100 or 200, for all parties involved. Doing that would put a huge deterrent on some people as that faction isnā€™t the easiest to grind already.

1 Like

There is no reputation loss for killing Tortollan Guards.

The problem with your suggestion is the fact that the guards will attack you even if you were not the player to instigate the attack. So players who were concerned with their Tortollan reputation wouldnā€™t/couldnā€™t attack back.

There are players that wouldnā€™t mind losing reputation in exchange for an easy kill, since if we did lose reputation most people wouldnā€™t attack backā€¦or they would get pure joy seeing you lose reputation for defending yourself.

Stranglethorn Valley