Stop FP camping

We normally clear out seekers daily but due to the stupid sharding/phasing system we can be in every phase to chase out the horde.

A few tips to help.

1. Always fly into Fort.

2. Approach seekers from the water side (Go around the little island)
1 Like
Some people seem to have an odd definition of PvP, its more like PPPPPPPPPPPPPvP.
But then i guess some people need that much backup while others... dont.
11/05/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Balanor
Not lately, but it happened back in the day when our server had more general drama. PvP problems should have PvP solutions generally, but using systems like say, logging into an Alliance alt to /who a target and chase them down, is not part of that maxim.

I know it's vague, but it generally falls on under this part of the Blizzard End User License:

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

Chasing someone beyond their main character, or explicitly tracking them with methods like the one I mentioned above falls under "unreasonably" undermining someone's game experience.

False. I do this all the time.
I hunt my own guildies on my ally rogue lol.

There is nothing in the TOS about using alts to /who ppl and hunt them down.
I even get friends to /who ppl for me across Btag, so I dont have to keep logging over to check on targets.

Wpvp isn't griefing or harassment.
Hunting ppl's alts down isnt harassment either.

Why? B.c in Blizz's own words "There is a pvp solution to the problem"
I.E. - Get friends, or turn Warmode off.
2 Likes
I've ganked friends alts on my opposite factions toons and had it happen to me.

Nothing wrong with it or using /who to track and kill.
2 Likes
11/05/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Swghoulz

False. I do this all the time.
I hunt my own guildies on my ally rogue lol.

There is nothing in the TOS about using alts to /who ppl and hunt them down.
I even get friends to /who ppl for me across Btag, so I dont have to keep logging over to check on targets.

Wpvp isn't griefing or harassment.
Hunting ppl's alts down isnt harassment either.

Why? B.c in Blizz's own words "There is a pvp solution to the problem"
I.E. - Get friends, or turn Warmode off.

11/05/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Katholik
I've ganked friends alts on my opposite factions toons and had it happen to me.

Nothing wrong with it or using /who to track and kill.

I kind of doubt your guildies and friends are reporting you for it lol. It's not like I said Blizzzard is monitoring for it and punishing it like botting or something. It's just a reportable offense, which depending on the GM, could land you with action against your account.

There's a big difference between you messing with your friends, and someone who is *not* on someone's friend's list using other people on the same faction of a person to track them and hunt them throughout their entire game experience. Or even finding their alts and camping them too.

If you'd like to test it out be my guest, it's never been a problem I've had personally. I'm just stating what I known about the matter in the past, and I don't believe it has changed.

I love PvP problems having PvP solutions, but I'm pretty confident that behavior is the one fringe case that *could* land you in trouble.
I should have been clearer.
I do it to more than just guildies/friends. I kinda meant that even they get hunted too, even they're not safe :P
Ive hunted ppl down from trade chat, random encounters with someone I knew/was in a guild I didnt like etc (and camped him, his alts, his guildies) almost daily.
/whoing ppl has been a tactic for a long time.
Yep there's nothing that's actionable for hunting down other players alts.

In my opinion your report of dieing in three different zones to one person is you died 3 times in world pvp.
1 Like
11/05/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Percivall
I see you are now ok with a large raid group camping a location. This a considerable difference of option from your form posts regarding the anduin knights raid group. Your post as of late have been more and more hypocritical. You may play both factions, but you are clearly as of late showing bias to one over the other.

Where in my entire post did I say I was okay with Horde or Alliance camping the flight points?

I'm just replying to Yarrow about her comment of CC. Stuns are supposed to not break on damage. They're a stun for a reason.

Do you realize how stupid that argument is? CC isn't a problem. It's only a problem when it can be spammed and if it doesn't share DR.
1 Like
11/05/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Yarrow

The problem here isn't war mode; the problem is CC that doesn't break on damage.

Funny, last i checked you cant get CC'd by the opposite faction without having warmode on >.>

30-40 players attacking? Make a counter raid or turn off warmode.

If you aren't willing to pvp (yes that includes being outnumbered) turn off warmode

TLDR TURN OFF WARMODE
2 Likes
11/04/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Ailanthus
Blizzard,
You need to add some powerful guards to stop FP camping. It's utterly ridiculous. You land get Loss of Control locked and killed. There is a 20+ player raid camping Seeker's Vista because there is 0 defense there. Anyone flying in gets destroyed, and even if you hear about it as you enter the zone there is no way to bail from the Flight Path. I'm all for PvP and Warmode, but this is just exploitation of defenseless targets.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha..... here's a bucket for your triggered tears
1 Like
damn.....you know you CAN eject from a flight path in flight. itll just drop you at the next one. unless your on the last connection.

otherwise....you coulda went to the zuldazar turn in. oddly enough less horde there.
11/05/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Zenretsu
11/04/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Chingasos

Yes, PVP did happen while in Warmode. No llorar.

Remember guys, this is a post made by an Alliance with frustration about HORDE camping a flight path.

In the near future, Horde making a post angry about Anduin's Knights 'lol 40 man over helpless horde'.

No mames ese ;)
I don't think guards are the answer maybe a 5 sec immunity after landing from a flight would cover it so if you land in the danger zone you can quickly fly away.
I'm sorry, but who is seriously stupid enough to take the fp to seeker's vista? Even if you're using your flightmaster's whistle, don't use it in spots you know it'd take you to seeker's vista. That place is seriously never not getting attacked. Thought that was common knowledge by now.
1 Like
11/04/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Zadie
Make a raid and counter it, it's what I end up doing. Fun times.

Wow! Simply press a button and a 20-man raid instantly pops in! Where's that button?!?
11/05/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Clockwerk
30-40 players attacking? Make a counter raid or turn off warmode.

If you aren't willing to pvp (yes that includes being outnumbered) turn off warmode

TLDR TURN OFF WARMODE

..aaand...the way to do this when you get re-ganked every rez attempt before you can leave the area to go to the capital city is...how?
11/07/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Dravidia
I don't think guards are the answer maybe a 5 sec immunity after landing from a flight would cover it so if you land in the danger zone you can quickly fly away.

The best answer is an option to leave war mode as part of the rez cycle.
This post died the second he said seekers vista. Both horde and alliance just camp there for "free kills".

There's not a day that goes by where seekers vista is not under attack
2 Likes
Happens on both sides. The unfortunate reality is that by leaving warmode you increase the number disparity and further reenforce the problem. There are horde places getting camped all the time too... It's awesome. It's part of what makes wpvp so great
2 Likes
11/07/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Phideaux
11/07/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Dravidia

The best answer is an option to leave war mode as part of the rez cycle.

Another words.

Free rewards for using WM then if and when you do get killed 1 time, you can toggle it off. Ya no, lol.

And as to the post above that. You can rez very far from your actual body's location. You can get away from the area you we're killed and get away. It may take a few death/rezes, but it can be done.

I see you making all these posts all over, trying to get exploits added to WM. The answer is no.

You don't seem to be enjoying Warmode, so then turn it off, and be happy.
1 Like