Stop crying about LFG

Yeah, I got tired of the LFD threads myself, tried to make one saying the LFD being removed isn’t as big as people claim but yeah the people that responded didn’t take it well.

No not really. People are going to be level 70 at the start of WotLK so thats pretty normal, and DKs are undead and the undead scourge event took place in the prepatch so they are connected.

Same faction bgs is a TBCC feature so it wouldn’t break my immersion in wotlk either. We already opened up the notion of same faction fighting each other in pvp with arena so I don’t even see why HvH would be an issue. Do you get bothered when you fight an alliance team in arena? I certainly hope not.

You couldn’t of said it better I’m looking forward to doing all of this.

1 Like

I mean it’s a pretty gargantuan QOL improvement for anyone who wants to see a dungeon while leveling or any dps class who wants to meaningfully play the game in any way while trying to find a group. It’s also responsible for a pretty significant increase in dungeon participation metrics overall.

4 Likes

What even is this? It’s a freaking video game.

“I was a new player once, and gatekeepers hated me for it. Now I’m no longer a new player, and do not want to have to deal with new players ever.”

Jfc. It all makes sense now. The most difficult thing you folks can imagine is wiping a couple of times in a dungeon.

2 Likes

Oh don’t misunderstand, I agree with you completely, I’m all for LFD. It’s just that LFD not being in isn’t as big as people are making it out to be.

I might not have worded it the best but that’s just my opinion. I’ve stated how good it’d be to have LFD…

My points for LFD

Launching WotLK Without Dungeon Finder Is the Right Move - #17 by Heydownthere-arugal

The biggest difference between the Pro-RDF and Anti-RDF crowds - #17 by Heydownthere-arugal

WOTLK doesn't need RDF - #129 by Heydownthere-arugal

Stop pretending LFD was always a beloved system - #138 by Heydownthere-arugal

What Else is being Cut from Wrath? - #2 by Heydownthere-arugal

Didn’t really take the time to pick specific ones outside of them being related to my view on LFD.

2 Likes

The whole point of Classic is to relive and play the game or version of the game as it once was from start to finish. Since LFG is a topic of discussion, we are not talking about Classic era or TBCC since Dungeon finder isn’t introduced in those expansions.

Given by the tone of the devs doing the re-release of wrath, the possibility of seeing LFG at all in Wrath classic is unlikely and for some this is big change as you are taking a system out that is part of the game and taking somethng out that is part of the game goes against the whole point of Classic.

And no we are not asking for LFG to be added in Classic era or TBCC.

Do you realize there is a life outside of WoW… right?

2 Likes

If you recall, we got TBC as the 2.4.3 patch, so we had features such as guild banks immediately, the updated riding training costs and levels, etc at launch because it was on the 2.4.3 client. That didn’t mean raid tier was skipped, and if you notice, sunwell is still not available to us.

Has to be said, guild banks weren’t in at the start, they were added in phase 2.

Though Blizzard wanted them in at the start and the only reason it wasn’t was because of the difficulty implementing them and not an unwillingness to.

2 Likes

Something tells me this is closer to the real reason for not putting in LFD, just with a “screw it, too much work” attitude this time around.

The dungeons weren’t too hard. WotLK dungeons were tuned way too easy because of LFD, and once all of the noobs got a taste of that, they couldn’t go back to dungeons that required any sort of awareness.

1 Like

Cross realm BGs was trash too lol.

3 Likes

I don’t think that it was that wrath dungeons were tuned too easy for LFD… They never buffed them during any of the patches. LFD didn’t come in until ICC patch. By that point, everyone already had raid level gear, and was smashing through them like it was nothing, and they didn’t get buffed. Once we were in Naxx Raid Gear, it was roflstomp heroics. Then ulduar, and dungeons were still easy, then ToGC, dungeons still not tuned, then ICC and LFD. You had the full expansion of them easy, and only from ICC forward with LFD. The challenge of the Cata dungeons had nothing to do with LFD making people too bad at the game.

The amount of people who had never been in a challenging dungeon before cata, made the cata dungeons hard.

EDIT: Also, let’s face it. Once we have Wrath Mechanics, and talents during Prepatch, the BC Heroics are gonna be even more roflstomp than they are now.

2 Likes

Unlimited badges a week from week 1 of the expac (iirc was frost for first heroic/triumph for the rest) and spamming no lockout heroics can’t possibly impact the gearing process!

/s

I still say put it in at it’s relevant content patch and limit it to server only.

I loved the ICC 5mans when they dropped because they were a slight step up from the snoozefest of normal heroics… not counting those big skeletons and their “mage just fired a proc’d up hotstreak pyro so I’m going to cast spell reflect” haxx!

I specifically started playing classic once I realized that Wrath was a likely eventuality. I literally started under the assumption that the LFD was coming.

I’m still going to play wrath but probably just not as a long and it probably won’t be as fun. But how long until it’s like BC with only a couple of lively servers and everyone else just coasting to oblivion? If they have a solution, I’d love to see it. Heck, bring it to BC now if they have a solution.

1 Like

You didn’t DESERVE to see the content you paid for? Man thats some weird Stockholm syndrome

2 Likes

LFD was not present throughout almost all of wraths progression cycles. It was not a staple of wrath… if you coming back to play WotLk hinged on the idea of LFD coming back than you didn’t enjoy most of wrath.

If LFD not being present during wrath classic is enough to make you not play it than you were going to quit anyway.

Retail is far more different than “Classic with automated group dungeons”… This ‘argument’ is always nonsense.

2 Likes

This is a great point. Currently all the lfg chat on my server clamors for tanks, same with the add on listings. That need will be somewhat mitigated with the influx of death knights, but what we need are available good tanks not necessarily more tanks.

The game needs to incentive playing that tanking role, and we as players need to help mitigate the responsibility expectations of that role to help keep tanks active.

Well said, even a if a bit triggered. :slight_smile: lol