The biggest difference between the Pro-RDF and Anti-RDF crowds

People don’t believe me but my brother and I both unsubbed 4 accounts combined as soon as this was announced.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for wrath since classic was announced, i also quit retail (again) halfway through this expansion.

That stream made want to play retail and forget classic wrath was even an option, so many decent decisions for retail and momentously bad ones coming for classic wrath.

1 Like

It wasn’t “no problem”. LFG is a slow and tedious experience on a lot of servers in Classic and BC. People who like WotLK generally liked RDF as well because it made it easy to get the groups they needed, both in levelling and at max level. There was an understanding that Classic and TBC should be as authentic as possible to satisfy the people who liked those eras, yet now that respect for what people liked was not reciprocated with WotLK.

12 Likes

Yup, I didn’t complain when it wasn’t in classic and tbc, i didn’t ask for changes that affected the game, i would gladly give back my paladin seal if i knew it would have lead to this.

6 Likes

I like this take. The last bit is well said.

2 Likes

It is difficult to get dungeon groups running, WotLK dungeons are going to be run all the time for the first few months I’d say roughly the first 4. But just like what happened in TBC (not so much classic) People are just gonna stop running dungeons or they’re rarely run.

Nearly all dungeons aren’t run especially 1-60 dungeons and when WotLK comes that will go to 1-70 dungeons. LFD enabled leveling characters to get into dungeons and let them take a break from the monotonus leveling pattern and instead, expirience a dungeon that they either might not have done in a long time or just haven’t done at all.

Currently only a select few are consistantly run, LFD would make all dungeons be run more often, it’s removal is poinless, all it does is slow down the game.

LFD was automated sure but compared to being effectively afk, spamming LFG with messages for who knows how long, I’d take automation over that any day.

1 Like

Good thing Blizz gets your sub regardless of how much you play?

I was always #nochanges because I wanted to avoid these kinds of problems. Just leave the game alone and let people decide if they want to play it or not.

1 Like

Average non LFD enjoyer: Its not a big deal to me, heres some valid reasoning why.
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
Average LFD demander: Why wont you all agree with me!?? YoU aRe AlL tRoLLiNG!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Again, no one is forced to use it. Removing it takes away my ability to choose for myself.

3 Likes

Literally haven’;t seen a single arguement onto why LFD shouldn’t be included other than it came later into the patch.
And yet we didn’t have to go through TBC itemization phase.
And yet we didn’t have to go through balancing patches of both Vanilla and TBC.

Arguably, all these changes are a lot more significant and impactful than a simple tool that teleports you to a dungeon.

1 Like

I guess they ran the number

. What are the rewards for removing LFD?
Some may buy boosts to overcome the 1-70 slog
. What are the risks of removing it?
Some may unsub.

False, I’m happy its removed to the point of not unsubbing with the Wrath Pre-patch.

False. I had very little interest in the non-RPG known as Wrath of the lich king. I left the game because of Wrath of the lich king.

Now, with RFD removed, I have a reason to actually play it.

Sorry the Elden Ring is calling my name.

PS, I do not like the boss in this gif.

I unsubbed

I had a problem. I just put up with it because I was waiting for wrath. No lfd, no sub.

1 Like

Blizzard should have really been able to see that saying no rdf at all would mean they would lose subs. They could have waited till icc patch to announce it. They could have done it in so many different ways. I have atleast 3 guildies quitting classic come wrath over this discision

It’s about the selling boosts it’s the only logical reason to not include it. They figure to many people won’t buy boosts for 1-70 if they give us DF. If they don’t almost nowone will do that grind legit they will buy boost. $$$

While, it’s fun reading posts where people lose their minds over what they think is best and how they’re right and the others are wrong and how Blizzard is out of touch with their player base, ultimately, Blizzard doesn’t care about what is best. They care about money. Let’s say LFD would be a lot of work to implement in these botched re-incarnations of Classic. Well, gg.