Launching WotLK Without Dungeon Finder Is the Right Move

It seems at some point the classic community morphed into the retail community.

HvH BGs
Level boosts
Personal arena rating not team
LFD for cross realm and queues
Mega servers.

Basically everything the classic movement tried to get away from when getting vanilla classic launched is championed all over again.

10 Likes

Or you know. Just go to tbc or vanilla.

Right? These people were ok denying any change up until now for the sake of keeping it true to the original. Not this time though, people might use LFD and break free of the classist gatekeeping to have fun or something. Maybe they just forgot how harsh early 3.1 and 3.2 were when it came to Gear Score checking, achievement verifying elitists.

11 Likes

The original classic community didn’t really change, what has happened is that WoW classic exploded and a lot of retail people who never had the same complaints joined along for the ride and had a good time, which is the ideal.

What you are mostly hearing now are cries from those who have joined in on the fun trying to make this into the game the classic community quit playing long ago. You’ll likely find a lot of correlation between people who support LFD and the items you listed, as well as equal correlation to the opposition of each.

3 Likes

That was in 2004-2009. Are we in 2004-2009? No, no we are not.

I just think it’s quite silly to deny players what the majority want. Despite what anyone may claim, people who do not want LFD are the minority. Every poll shows this, and polls skew hardcore, and hardcore skews anti-LFD.

18 Likes

Even without LFD barely any social interaction happens when forming a group.
LFM X, Mage LFG - X and typing “inv” is what we have right now in TBC and what we’ll get in WotLK. That’s not being social, people rarely talk in dungeons and getting to them to “expirience the world” is just something that generally won’t happen.

You can bet that you’re gonna be alt tabbed while flying to your dungeons, that one of the only things you’ll say are “inv” because the only real time you have to talk are if you’ve wiped or after you’ve killed a boss saying “can I need on that?” which would’ve happened with LFD anyway.

Do you mean PvP? Getting corpse camped is so fun!

I think the toxic behaviour was blown way out of proportion in regards to LFD. Does it make it easier? Yes, but I doubt that people will be toxic solely because of LFD. You’re bound to run into more toxic people when you interact with more people.

Until you get summoned by the stone… Also some servers have so many people on it that with or without LFD they might as well be running with people they’ll never see again.

LFD being removed is small, but the reasoning behind it is dumb. Claiming it removes a social aspect of the game meanwhile we’re all AFK spamming chat for groups. All this change does is slow down the game, like instead of running 20 dungeons for an item you only do 10 because now you need to wait around spamming LFG/M and oh, would you look at the time I’ve spent 30 minutes looking for a group, guess I’ll stop.

Dungeons will 100% be run less with LFD being removed.

21 Likes

Man gtfo :roll_eyes:

delete this bs

8 Likes

How about we just have two version of WOTLK. one with and one without LFD

11 Likes

Respect your opinion but strongly disagree mainly because the alternative with what I have experienced and many others have on TBC Classic is not this immersive social gameplay that you are falsely claiming it is.

It’s not 2007 any more, it’s spam and pray you are the first to be invited to a bulletin board addon and pray you are a class they deem necessary to invite otherwise pay for a tank in order to play the game. Iv’e had just as much toxic behavior from LFG / Bulletin Board than i ever experienced using the Dungeon finder tool in many many years.

Dungeon finder hurts boosting, alleviates server population issues, prevents forced transfers ($$$$ blizzard know)

And players who chose to engage in that immersive experience and find like minded players to travel with can still do so and they did in the past and opt out of engaging in using the Dungeon finder system. Both ways of playing co-existed in 3.3.5 in a healthy way and can again.

Thank you blizzard for listening to the feedback and starting discussions on possible changes to your decision.

12 Likes

Also a great idea, I’d be very amused when next to no one plays on the non-LFD version as well

7 Likes

Just another voice saying LFD is a major part of my nostalgia around WotLK. I sincerely hope Blizz puts LFD into WotLK-classic. Though honestly with how incredible the changes coming to retail are perhaps I’ll spend my time with Dragonflight.

9 Likes

how about one version without LFD and you can deal with it
because that’s what you’re getting

no, we are getting LFD :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not really, I think most people like the old gameplay, but the retail system updates, such as the ones you described, are good. RDF, I believe, is one of the main reasons why people like Wrath so much. I think it came out at the end of Wrath, but it was for the better. Searching through LFG is a chore and may be frustrating depending on the server and your luck.

5 Likes

not quite, we had 13 months with out RDF and 12 months with RDF, basically 50%, the most successful part of wrath was always when RDF was online.

5 Likes

People will go out into the world more with LFD because they can play during queue. When I want to run a dungeon in TBC I stare at /4 in Shat. All LFD does is make finding a group easier.

8 Likes

Yeah same. I hope dungeon finder gets put in or at least we have separate realms :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns and does not release LFD. When the tool was first release back in late Wrath, just about everyone heralded its release as it would lead to faster groups. I too was excited for it. But quickly realized it was a mistake as people started to become very negative to one another, especially since they were not likely to see those people again. I would rather have more pleasant experiences with people with fewer groups then nearly instant groups but negative interactions with others not from my server.

2 Likes

Negative interactions are still very common in TBCC and VC. lol

6 Likes

No where near as much as with LFD. And can easily avoid grouping with those toxic people in future groups. Also a negative interaction could also be simply running a dungeon with people and not saying a single word to anyone the entire run. It’s been a very nice and refreshing change of pace to have to communicate with others to even get a group started.