Stop cheering for WoW to kill WoW

oh look. its nostalgia

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get the people who are so rabidly into classic that they need to start attacking retail players. If you want to express discontent with the way retail is designed, go for it I guess, but there’s no need to say things like “retail players caused everything bad.” Really not sure where that attitude came from.

3 Likes

Cool thread bro.

Why didn’t you post this in the appropriate forum?

You guys realize this is the general forums right?

Classic WoW falls under this category.

Also, who even cares? Classic will be a success and so will modern WoW since the sub is shared. Blizzard earned a lot of rapport with old customers who felt the game changed in a direction that didn’t fit their needs.

Sure modern WoW isn’t going to suddenly transform into Classic, but maybe this is an opportunity for Blizzard to go back to it’s roots and make expansions that almost everyone enjoys.

Anyone who wants the game to die, modern or classic, is not a good human bean. Ok?

Good talk, guys.

But it does.

Classic is a competitor to Retail, for players attention.

Much in the same way FF14 or ESO are competitors to Retail.

The only difference is both games, Retail and Classic, are produced by the same company. They aren’t financial competitors.

Think CoD and it’s absolute slew of yearly and bi yearly releases if it helps. They are competing amongst each other for players attention.

Classic has things retail doesn’t have and retail has things classic doesn’t have. I’ll play Classic casually for the leveling game and immersive RPGness and retail for the superior endgame.

I’ve made tons of friends from cross-realm grouping, some I’ve even met in real life.

Cry your doom and gloom, it doesn’t phase me any.

2 Likes

The bad thing about communities? They have people in them. The threads about how “no TRUE Classic player would do (insert outrage of the day here)” will start in a matter of days.

anything that pokes Ion in the eye and helps him understand he is driving wow into the ground, is worth it to me

the passionate founders were 100x more innovative and in touch with the playerbase than cold clinical Ion

Ion admitted in an interview that they aren’t clear on how to identify ‘fun’. Obviously he gets no joy out of the game.

2 Likes

I played both and I might play both again.

I was in Beta Classic while on BFA. Beta Classic stopped when 8.2 came.

This upcoming Classic is good for me overall. There would be 2 WoW games available.

Both Classic and Retail have their strengths and weaknesses… but the good thing is that they are both WoW… not Final Fantasy, not ESO…

Classic’s strength is its leveling. The journey from level 1 to 60 is awesomely fun. And that’s where BFA fail… leveling in BFA is snoozefest. That’s why there are level boosters in BFA so we could skip this snoozefest leveling.

Classic’s weakness is its endgame. There’s nothing to do at max level other than to wait for your raid and doing BG PvP. Unlike in BFA, endgame is its strength. Aside from Raiding and BGs, BFA has a lot of stuffs: Mythic+, Battle Pets, Arenas, more BGs, Brawler’s Guild, timewalking dungeons, Warfront, Island Expeditions, Daily Quests/Emissaries, . If you’re into collecting mounts, Hunter pets, exploration and achievements, BFA has it. There’s a ton to do in BFA.

When you have a subscription, you can play both. Either versions are good though arguably, BFA is better. Whatever it is. We can play both games.

Yeah, I was a Naxx40 raider before. I thought Classic would be a no-no to me after the grind I did in Vanilla. But after I played in beta-Classic, I was surprised how it triggered me to play it more. Despite of the frustrating old-mechanics, I realized that I have liked it becoz everything you accomplished there is very rewarding. When I got my level 30 Hunter completed a level 40 Big Game Hunter quests in STV, it rewarded me a powerful bow. That bow is the one I used to kill a powerful Horde group… of course with Alliance’s finests… It was on Live Stream. On Classic WSG, you have to score 3 to win… not on current WSG where you score 1 then turtle up to kill the time to win… that is boring. And on Classic, AV BGs takes hours… to summon Ivus and Lokholar. Seeing them clashed is EPIC. I never experienced this in BFA.

Classic would be fun but still I need to continue my progress on Mythic +10 and unto Heroic Eternal Palace. We will see. I would love to play them both.

2 Likes

More like it’s piracy.

And blizzard invited those pirates like esfand to stream the beta at blizzcon. :wink:

probably be more like when Cdr Worf started to turn the ship around and go back to DS9 because Quark was bothering him nearly ruining everyones vacation to Risa in the process

Retail is new and very busted content. It’s a steaming pile of hot garbage

what everyone else sees when people argue over choosing retail or classic

1 Like

Two WoWs enter! One WoW leaves!

1 Like

“The Worlds been burnin’ since the world’s been turnin’!”

It was about an adventure into a HUGE unexplored world where we all fumbled through it together. Where’s the adventure now? We know everything about classic, the world isn’t a surprise waiting to be explored. It’s been conquored.

1 Like

I agree! well said.