Stop cheering for WoW to kill WoW

It doesn’t matter how well classic performs right out of the gate, or how quickly people come back to retail after 2 weeks, or how many people stay on classic and forget about retail entirely, or what changes retail makes in regards to Classic’s success.

We should be hyped up about how Classic and Retail can strengthen the Warcraft name as a whole and lead to a better future for both games, not hoping that one will tear the other down and make the supporters look like idiots. So stop with all the tribalism bluster and support both versions.

I feel like freaking Khadgar here. Now, get along or so help me I will turn this floating city around and take it right back to Crystalsong Forest.

88 Likes

Modern wow (retail) is not worth supporting.

69 Likes

“We didnt start the fire”

7 Likes

Every new game was the WoW killer, now old WoW is the WoW killer. Nostalgia is going to fade quick and people that never played it are going to get burnt quickly.

10 Likes

What makes Classic worth supporting? It’s old and busted content.

15 Likes

This got a real laugh out of me, thanks! :joy:

13 Likes

Here’s a concept some of you tend to forget with your “classic will ruin WoW” meme.

In order to play classic, you must have active game time on the normal retail version. Purchased time or a recurring subscription.

So everyone who plays classic, including those who have been away and come back just for classic, will be “paying customers”. If anything, WoW will gain subs due to classic.

10 Likes

This is the exact mindset of retail players that everyone jokes about, lol. Classic isn’t about the “content.” It’s about forming a community and going on a journey together.

18 Likes

And Modern isn’t? BFA is literally a rehash from gameplay mechanics to Azerite to story.

5 Likes

Then go to your community.

14 Likes

I want both to succeed

9 Likes

You can do that now. They’re called guilds and communities.

6 Likes

Hows it going to kill it if the subs are shared. Its not like Blizzard is making two different subs. If you unsub from your main account, you get unsubbbed from classic, that’s that. So you will have to be subbed to both always.

So classic is not going to steal a single sub away from wow.

4 Likes

I do that in retail lmao. Also I’m sure the constantly expanding main game will surely die to something that is uglier, older, has a finite amount of content, and only exists for WoW devs to take what people like from it and implement it in to retail.

1 Like

LOL, yes communities should clearly only exist within pre-defined limits. This sort of mentality is why vanilla fans are excited for Classic.

1 Like

Have fun only being able to interact with your own realm.

Im suprised the concern cucks are crying more about how classic will hurt retail. The fact is retail hurt retail and is why classic has so much hype around ot

2 Likes

Have fun grouping with people you’ll never see or speak to again.

10 Likes

I am. Feels great.

3 Likes

I look forward to classic to end world hunger and cure the common cold

3 Likes