Stop camping the Fallen Charger in wait raid groups

Imma get ya’ll out of this stupidly useless hell.

You got a 40 man raid group in the same phase, that rare might not spawn for an other 8 hours there, who knows ? Even if it was guaranteed to spawn in the next 2 hours I wouldn’t go in them. But why ? you may ask. Well that’s fairly simple.

If all 40 mans were in their respective server phase, maybe there would be let’s say 5 different phases into which they could be AT WORST. Well there you go, 5x the chance of the Fallen Charger being spotted. Instead of that you got 5 groups of 40 people standing all in 5 different phases, where in total we could have like 25 different phases of chances to see that rare, and as soon as one would be spotted, a group would be made.

To prove my point, my friend yesterday was camping for 2 hours, I got 12 tries of Fallen Charger in these exact 2 hours by spam searching for it while camping in my own phase alone. The only reason it’d be worth it is if it’s the middle of the night and you know that the rare will spawn in the next 2 hours in that waiting group, otherwise it’s far from logical.

That’s it.

Also remember that whoever you are, if you are apart or making a waiting group for Fallen Charger, the whole mount-farming community of the secret finding Discord laughs at you.

5 Likes

People did this for rares in 8.3. It’s pointless.

2 Likes

People never learn from their mistakes, and then cries on forums asking to drastically lower its spawntimer because of how long they camped without it spawning. facepalm

6 Likes

Mmm me calls hesitancy. Because even though I use your method, I was only able to find it seven times in three hours.

You’ve made three threads about the Fallen Charger in the last hour.

I think you might be a little obsessed, my guy.

8 Likes

So, he isn’t a ‘one try a day’ mount?

Just get the mount.

1 Like

While I agree with your point about camp/wait groups being stupid…

Blizzard truthfully should be ashamed of this rare. As if Soundless didn’t teach them anything. Now we have a rare with potentially up to TWICE as long of a respawn. With no static location cause it starts running across the zone. I’m sorry but a rare with a low drop with anywhere from a 1 to 16 hour respawn is horrible design.

While I’ve been enjoying the patch overall, the collector in me cringes at the thought of this rare. Given it took me well over 1000 kills to get Soundless, where I could sit in one spot and have vision of most other locations. Now I gotta spam refresh to find a group and pray the rare isn’t across the map being zerged in 20 seconds. >_<

MY LOVE! <3 Its once a day per character. Alts are both a godsend, and a curse in cases like this.

2 Likes

Last I checked, it was MY time, not yours, spent waiting for a chance at the mount.

Stop worrying about what other people are doing and you go do you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah it’s unlimited amount of tries.

I am.

We did that at around 11am to 1pm, most likely just got lucky, but all that to say that the amount of tries is way higher from finding groups and camping alone rather then camping in raidgroups.

There is no lockout.

1 Like

I won’t argue with that. Better to find spawn groups.

It’s unlimited tries. Not once a day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eh, I just sit at the spawn point while I’m working. If it spawns, it spawns. If not, no loss.

Realistically people should not group at all, sit in their own shards, see the RP for the spawn, then make an auto join group while they try and track the zoomy boy down.

Boom, mounts for days bb.

These are specific and logical things to do, it’s always better then not being there at all. But overall there’s not 350 people just working while playing wow outthere in groups xD I’m talking in general.

Oh really? I did not know that. All my guildies have been killing it once per toon, then swapping. Regardless, its still bad design with the respawn ranging so much. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh well, I’ll keep doing once per toon. That way I can get other stuff done lol

The rare spawns at a specific location and has 2 routes, if you just camp there with a /tar Fallen Charger /cast something macro you’ll tag it instantly when it spawns.

I recommend you farm it during the middle of the day, take like 3 hours spam refresh and enjoy. There’s a ton of group during that time.

1 Like

I’m typically asleep during the day cause my sleeping schedule is mega borked. lol. 10pm-12am is usually when I wake up, hahaha.

Oof yeah well good luck with your low amount of tries xD