Stop Calling TBC "Classic" Its The New Retail

I don’t remember there being an in game shop that sold players a mount,toy,and a boost that lets you skip a huge part of the game. Its insane to me that they would put this in a “legacy server”. correct me if Im wrong but the whole point of these “legacy servers” was to recreate the feeling of World of Warcraft what it was like back then. Adding a level boost that gives boosted players all the flight paths in Azeroth, max lockpicking, gold, mount, etc is a clear pay to win feature that belongs in retail.

Level boosts in general don’t belong in Classic WoW, but this deserves its own post. In short summary Its like getting instant level 60 in Skyrim, skipping all the main quests and side quests then going straight into the DLC, it makes no sense. Remember how hard we grinded to level 60 in Phase 1? We grinded, socialized, explored, and accomplished. It felt like we earned our right to travel through the Dark Portal. We played the game how it was meant to be played. Level boosts have destroyed the feeling of level accomplishment through 1-58. I refuse to call this current version of TBC “Classic”. If anything it should be called Retail TBC (or something else)

TBC along with Wrath “legacy servers” will have a full blown retail WoW ingame cash shop implemented in the very near future. That will most likely have WoW Tokens in the game as well. Blizzard will not walk away from the money that can be earned from exploiting the legacy servers with microtransactions. The TBC and Wrath servers will never be free from the ingame shops corruption anymore.

Our only Salvation now is in Classic WoW. Classic WoW community will be together again one day, and the Drums of War will thunder once more.

111 Likes

And before anyone says “bOosTs WeRe ALeAdY iN gAMe!!” Most players (if not all players) being boosted by mage bois already had a main toon. They were using gold from GDKPS using a boosted dungeoun system WITHIN THE GAME. (not a instant boost that cost 39.99 with a storemount with instant max skills.)

7 Likes

It’s a video game, get some actual IRL achievements and this won’t seem so important to you.

I went through Classic leveling, multiple times actually, because I kinda enjoy leveling. If others don’t and just want to play TBC with their friends why would I care.

48 Likes

I’m starting to wonder how many vanilla diehards moved on to TBC Classic only because most people moved onto it too.

It’s sort of naive to think that future expansions, especially Wrath onwards, would be devoid of such things. Wrath already had things like faction & race race changes

6 Likes

There was an old piece of me that used to care about this franchise that wanted to get all indignant about boosting/clones etc but it turns out I just dont care enough anymore, if at all. It is what it is. If the company and players want to flush any and all potential down the toilet who am I to say it should be another way?

The thing I cant stand is all the hypocrisy and double standards that people shamelessly revel in as all good collapses around them.

13 Likes

Yawn

10 Likes

Oh so classic was originally grind gold for boost dungeon spam or gdkp 1000 gold to enter so i can buy all my gear but it is okay if gold = pay to win but not real money thats taking this to far lol. I am glad my goal this time is to have fun and quit in 4 months. Sweaties keep in sweaten.

5 Likes

Here’s an idea:

If level boosts bother you, don’t boost.

15 Likes

I sorta like TBCC.

8 Likes

How about a group hug

1 Like

Nobody cares about the store, its not what people dislike about retail other then a few people obviously on this board who just can’t seem to understand it or get over it.

What people really dislike about retail is the actual content, and the ways the skills and classes function. They want to experience the raids again, like Kara, SSC, back when dailies weren’t quite the grind that they are today, and play a class that they remember fondly.

So no Classic TBC isn’t any more Retail than Classic was. However, if you hate the boost, it will likely never come to the forever classic servers, so you will probably be happier there.

8 Likes

I care because it totally changes the game. Again it makes leveling pointless when jo smo can just buy a boost skipping the entire game going straight into the expansion

7 Likes

I dont understand why alot of people dont see how Level boosts completely change Classic WoW even if you dont boost yourself. Its an MMO the players around you affect the world and community. If a player is able to purchase levels, skills, flightpaths, mount, and more then whats the point of even having levels through 1-58? Level boosts were added in World of Warcraft late game cycle in prepatch WOD. When the game already went through 4 expansions. Implementing level boosts already in the games first expansion is a clear cash grab and it makes me sad that blizzard did this already.

12 Likes

Boosting is the same thing as buying gold or fully geared max level characters and since most WoW players are deadbeat/lazy its easy for them to dismiss the first 58 levels and pretend like it doesn’t matter.

Another thing they dont get is when you have a paid service like that it also completely nullifies the feat for anyone that leveled through it legitimately. You can still do it but now it ceases to matter or mean anything since you can just buy your way out of it.

4 Likes

@Elfblade How does it not completely nullify leveling 1-58? Why would I take a character through Azeroth, level my lock picking, unlock all the flightpaths, save enough gold to get a mount etc. When I can just get all that instantly with a swipe of a card. Its so cringe man, that feature doesnt belong in a “classic” game period. And at this point if you disagree with this your either are a booster yourself or havent been playing the game long enough to understand. Or you could be one of those people who have been playing the game for a long time and have been advocating rtard features like levelboosting and ingame shop items which have changed the game over time. Ugh I remember when I saw the first store mount in Cata and thought to myself this is the only pay to win feature they will implement in WoW. Boy was I wrong ;(

3 Likes

TBC Classic is still classic even with one boosted character. I tried playing classic, but maybe because I was on a pvp server instead of a pve server or the timing when I joined in Vanilla, I had stopped leveling my Hunter at 54 for classic. I had no desire because what I remember is playing a lot more of BC than vanilla and I realized i prefer to play that part instead if they decided to do it again.

What I’m trying to explain here, there’s probably a lot of people that may feel the same way. The boosted character just helps them get to 58 so they can continue on with other friends that leveled during classic, but don’t feel the need to grind out the 1-58 or have the time now a days to try and play catch up. Now I know there a fare few that have multiple accounts, but this is only one boost per account unlike retail.

Also its not like the vanilla classic realms were effected by the boost, they still have to level 1-60.

2 Likes

People play how they choose, whether or not you like it is not their problem. Don’t assume how you enjoy and “feel” the game is what everyone does or wants.

Blizz added in optional boosts so get (more) people to sub. Levelling in vanilla is slow and grindy and you know it. And doing it for the nth time is tiresome. A lot of people want to play in Outlands and and not the vanilla zones.

2 Likes

TBC Classic is about Outland content, which is why a level boost exists…so those who waited for TBC and didn’t care about playing vanilla Classic can hop into the content they care about in the same way that people who are waiting for Wrath Classic and don’t care about the first two games will use the level boost that is implemented when that game comes out.

Not everyone cares about the integrity of classic questing content as much as you do…they enjoy other aspects of the game more…like raiding and pvp.

Forcing folks to also grind through classic questing would be absolutely pointless.

6 Likes

I understand how you guys feel when you say classic leveling is grindy and takes forever, ive been there multiple times… but thats just a big part of the classic experience. Really the leveling experience was a big part of any good MMO back then. The game forced you from level 1-60 to go out, communicate with other people and form connections throughout your leveling experience . Again these “Legacy Servers” are suppose to uphold the originality of the game back then. Level Boosts ARE A HUGE change. There is no going back from this sadly.

3 Likes

This post has been put up over 1000 times. Nothing is gonna change. This isnt 2007 gotta adapt. Level boost is in the game BUT only 1 per account. Get over it. Every streamer and thier grandma has whined about it. This is not “your” wow. You have no right to expect blizz to cater to you because you pay money well you’re gonna have to figure that out.

1 Like