Still not trust level 3?

I had no idea that existed and I’ve had Level 3 for over a month. Lol?

The only reason I spotted it is because I pulled up the forums on my phone to show my wife a joke I’d thought was particularly funny, and had to navigate through the main forum page. Saw the Lounge section and had one of these:

I know we’re not really supposed to discuss forum actions and suspensions here but I’ve gotten multiple ones both before and after the new forums became active so I think you’ll be fine. Haven’t had it revoked yet. Even when my main transferred servers and I had to make a trial 110 on my old server I still had trust level 3. It’s weird. Maybe they just haven’t caught me yet…:thinking:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: so what am i missing?

I had a brief forum vacation, of a day or something, after getting trust level 3.

Nothing changed.

Also, after I thought I met the requirements, it did take over a day or so for me to get trust level 3.

Seems like the note in the syntax thread is incorrect, or at least incomplete, because from what I’ve seen (including this thread and personal experience) unless you get hit with a total suspension (can’t see the forums at all) you can still get trust 3, even if you get a silence for a little bit. I think some things about the inner workings of the forum are still unclear even to Blizzard. See this thread on CS where the CS forum rep was told that the forums account/profile/trust levels are tied to character ID, where I tested and proved that isn’t the case:

I’d guess it’ll take a while for them to have everything completely figured out.

testing if im trust level 3 www.google.com

According to the thread in the Lounge, Account/Forum Actions simply reset your Trust Level stuff to 0.

So you can re-earn everything.

And I assume that certain things don’t affect it, like minor penalties.

That’s…bizarre. You’d think forcing someone to re-grind trust lvl 3 would be punishment enough.

I try to be patient, doesn’t always happen but I try.

It’s hard not to want trust 3 because of those sweet links and memes.

1 Like

I see I have been summoned to this thread.

The sticky on the GD forums about the requirements for obtaining trust level 3 isn’t entirely accurately. Every requirement is on a sliding window where it counts the past 100 days. Because the new forums are officially over 100 days old (115 now I believe), your stats page won’t be entirely accurately.

That said, Nyalmi, I believe you just need to up your posts read number and it should grant you level 3. Your days visited is also borderline so you probably want to keep visiting the forums daily, even if it is just to click around some and open a thread just to open to log some form of activity.

Other than that, it updates at night.

2 Likes

Is that what did it? I was Trust Level 3, but randomly lost it about a week ago without any apparent reason. I’m still not entirely sure what I’m missing, unless I accidentally took advantage of a bug, or something.

Most likely. If you rushed out and read a lot when the forums were new, all of that has since dropped off and not counted anymore.

So that is likely what happened.