Still NO to Loot Trading

Also the fact in vanilla we wont be able to really farm the ridiculous amounts of gold to be able to realistically SELL these epics.

It would take SO LONG to farm a logical amount to sell a spinal reaper for on progression content. And once its progressed beyond then it doesnt matter if somebody sells it for 500g if you give it to them lol.

First it was “What if 4 people are in a 5-man dungeon and roll need to feed themselves gear leaving the PUG with nothing” hysteria… now this…

It’s the DKP they earned.

What is the difference between the scenario you described and someone simply spending their DKP on an item and then leaving?

The guild I was part of in classic had anti-loot *****ing rules. The behavior you described would violate such rules in my book justifying the kicking or some form of discipline (removal of dkp maybe) of both members.

I legitimately don’t understand your point of view. Especially since you seem to think you’re going to be submitting a ticket for looting in the future. I think it’s rather clear by now that we will not be seeing GMs taking action to address loot issues in classic and that is why loot trading is not going anywhere for raids.

Edit: When I initially asked “whats the difference” I wasn’t thinking of any but then I saw someone mention earlier in the thread that “the item would still be in the guild” so there is a difference!

1 Like

Then why are you using a DKP system?

2 Likes

The reality is that, for a majority of classes, most best-in-slot items will come from 5-man dungeons until Phase 3.

DKP is a horrible system to begin with.

1 Like

lmao I was about to say, “Imagine using a DKP system”

Loot council is better, from what I’ve heard. I wouldn’t know, I’ve never used either system. Never heard of DKP until Ythisens mentioned it on a stream, and when he explained what it was I was like, “Oh. Yeah no thanks. That sounds horrible.” To which pretty much everyone, including Ythisens, agreed. XD

1 Like

LC definitely has its issues when it comes to mismanagement and corruption, and there are ways to mitigate the issues with DKP but the end result is not good… why would you leave loot distribution up to people who might not know what is and isnt good for their class/spec? Especially if your goal is to progress quickly?

Sounds like BOTH systems suck then.

In a perfect guild/world both systems would work seamlessly and everyone would eventually get what they want… but players quit, people leave guilds, drama happens, people are impatient etc…

Thank God for Master Loot, am I right? :smiley:

1 Like

In the right hands it is Justice and Truth

but yea overall with the loot trading thing it kinda sucks for PuG’s because no matter what you do you cant keep people from stacking rolls or selling their loot. In guilds it can be mitigated by simply removing the people who do it, idk why anyone in a guild would do it though unless they planned on leaving anyway as they would be actively working against the guilds progress.

So the OP’s premise boils down to he’s going to submit a ticket to take gear from account A, and move it to account B, and neither of those are his accounts? And he expects a GM to take it seriously or care? I would absolutely love to see the GM response in this hypothetical situation:

“Two players, who aren’t you, did something with gear that you don’t approve of? And it was gear that they legitimately acquired within the rules of your guild that you apparently run? Sure we’ll get right on it!”

1 Like

We’re seriously considering a reserve and roll system for MC and Ony.

that could totally work as long as the reserve pool becomes a line if new people join it.

Thats cause he(OP) thinks the masterlooter needs to make the ticket. Which just shows his own ignorance about how it worked.

Essentially for a GM to do something, either the person requesting the loot needs to show it was ninjaed,(which is almost impossible to do because the loot rules need to be very explicit and in blizz chat for it to count)
OR
the person who got the item needed to make the ticket so the GMs know they are not stealing the item from someone who thinks they were supposed to get it.

Dear OP,

Nobody cares.

I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t. As long as everyone knows their turn will come, I don’t see a problem.

1 Like

This situation is simple really… once the item is equipped you cannot trade it… the Guild Master can verify that the player has equipped the item and then move along… if the player refuses to equip it then /gkick