Still NO to Loot Trading

A future ticket I will be submitting in Classic:

"Hello!

I am my guild’s trusted Master Looter. We killed Ragnaros yesterday and a Spinal Reaper dropped. I assigned it to the correct person! Hooray!

However, since you decided to introduce Loot Trading into vanilla, he w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶d̶!̶ sold it to an applicant for $50 on paypal.

Please r̶e̶a̶s̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ban them both and remove Loot Trading. Thanks!"

5 Likes

19 Likes

So cause your a terrible guild leader, you want to waste massive amounts of CS time…

23 Likes

Someone might want to sell all their DKP before they gquit and join another guild.

3 Likes

You must have terrible guild management if your first response to your raiders selling loot to one another is to go crying to Blizzard about it. You could, you know, kick them. Like any decent guild would.

15 Likes

Better not to include functionality which might require gkicking people.

It’s entirely a “you” issue if you go in raids expecting your very own guildies/raiders to screw you over. There’s a million ways they can do that regardless of loot trading, especially in a DKP system.

9 Likes

Guy, it’s entirely a “me” issue if I misloot an item to the wrong person by accident. It’s not entirely a “me” issue if one of my guild members wants to gquit but decides to take advantage of the Loot Trading system to cash out his goodwill before he goes.

Is it so bad for someone to sell their designated item if a great offer came along?
The gear earned still goes toward bettering a player within the guild.

Genuinely asking as I don’t raid.

3 Likes

Loot should be assigned with progression and guild stability in mind, not to the highest bidder. It’s especially bad if a new applicant with deep pockets (or real life $$) joins the raid and starts buying up items.

1 Like

Or you could stop being such a terrible guild leader, especially since he can do that anyways by just making a ticket…

So again you fail to show how loot trading does something a ticket does not, actually in this case you could do more with a ticket since if this happens on an early boss and he trades it before the raid is over you see what he is doing and can stop it early. With a ticket you wont find out till after the raid.

3 Likes

Seems nitpicky.

The community and Blizzard have come to a consensus on the issue.

I think we’re fine.

9 Likes

You are forgetting that only a Master Looter could appeal to GMs to redistribute loot under the vanilla system. Raiders couldn’t surreptitiously trade items via GM tickets.

Oh so you show your own ignorance. Whoever got the item was the one who needed to make the ticket…

Better luck next time.

1 Like

Blizzard will reply by giving you some form reply about how they cannot get involved and apologize for something they can’t control.

Sorry your experience was poor. Be sure to trust everyone in your guild. Blah blah.

2 Likes

Could they make it so that if the piece of loot is in the trade window that nothing else can enter the same trade window?

Seriously why do you have to say things like “better luck next time,” you sound like a cartoon villain. Master Looter involvement was definitely required in the redistribution of loot.

It is naive to think this will never happen in your raid.

If they are the kind of people who would do that in the first place, they are going to give you some reason to gkick them. It’s only a matter of time.

This is a non-issue. Don’t bring horrible human beings as part of your team, gkick people who turn out to be terrible team members.

3 Likes

There is another problem wtih Loot Trading…

It advances Raid progression too fast by allowing for more optimal loot distribution.

Example, you kill Razorgore and you assign loot to a certain player and then later on just while later you kill Flamegore, and something better drops for that previously assigned player…

So your guild makes the choice to re-assign loot by stripping the first item to that first awarded player and then assigning new loot too him in addition to moving the previous loot to a new home.

This right here is just as bad as the exploit type use because it opens the possibilities that never existed before. Thus 100% not authentic loot distribution.

2 Likes

You’ve got a raid of 40 people, someone is gonna gquit at some point. Now they have a material incentive to try to abuse the Loot Trading system on their way out.