Still no blue post about RP-PvP servers

I don’t understand either, is it so hard to understand that people won’t want to abandon their already progressed characters?

I wonder how they would feel if Blizzard said “There won’t be pvp realms at first, we’ll assess how many people flag themselves for PvP and then make a decision about whether to make a dedicated PvP realm”. (Of course this wouldn’t ever happen, it’s just an hypotetical situation)

Would it feel good for them? *Sigh * The innability to put themselves onto other people’s pants is astounding.

Why have none of the devil’s advocates answered this?

Although I dont agree with the attitude in some posts, I do agree (even though I wont be on one) that there should be a server for today’s test dedicated to RP-PVP. I think it would be helpful for establishing and gauging interest. GL getting your server guys!

There is a good chance you are right, . However, no need for you to get so bent out of shape over me simply providing an explanation I thought made some sense as to why there is nothing about RPPVP servers. That is the purpose of the forums, to discuss things lol. If everyone on the forums just echoed in agreement they wouldn’t serve much of a purpose.

1 Like

Yet you and others have still failed to answer the following:

You say you believe your explanation makes sense, then that should be a softball question.

Pintero’s RPPVP thread literally has 5.5k likes. Is that not a substantial show of support? Is it less a motivation for blizzard than if those 5.5k likes came post release?

It’s a good question really…honestly I think the only metric they really have is past history…the only reason that I can think of that they aren’t doing it for Classic is maybe they only view the RPPVP base as about 5-8% of the player population. Now I could be completely wrong, but maybe they have some metric that believes that once the tourists die down that there is going to be less than a million players…I think some have estimated maybe 200,000 but I have no exact numbers here. So maybe they think that the population for Classic as a whole for 5-8% to be able to fill a server of their own to the capacity they would like?

Idk man. I think it sucks that it’s not even an option. I think they are trying to use information to make a prediction and I think they are going to be wrong on this one.

While that may very well be one of if not the reason, my argument would be “At least we’d all be together”.
Not offering them at launch…I mean, I don’t know about you, but my friends aren’t going to “wait and see”. Not after already waiting this long. Without any indication of where to go, our community scatters to the winds.
I suppose you could look at it like “seeding” the other realms. But I honestly don’t think that’ll go well.
At the end of the day, we’re simply scattered.

1 Like

Oh I’m sure there is a reason. I just think there has to be enough interest for one

1 Like

We are going in circles again.

1 Like

I know I’ve seen that point before…:rofl:

I think it all boils down to that, they’re basing their decision off data they got from retail.

I just think this is an awful metric, considering they didn’t have RP-PVP realms when WoW first released, creating the situation many of us have described… people rolling on either RP or PVP and then just not be willing to start from scratch.

Also, Classic has a living, breathing world, much more suitable for PvP than the live servers… I myself play on MoonGuard but it really doesn’t matter because I can jump on and off warmode and have the same experience as a player in an RP-PVP realm… And even being that the case, world pvp is next to non existant, so, I don’t think they can apply the data they’ve gathered along the years on this. The most sensible thing to do would be an official poll, I don’t know how else they could accurately measure interest.

1 Like

I can 100% see how you feel this way, especially with time invested not having that upon release. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy or whatever, but I also don’t think Blizzard would do this just to say “screw you guys.” As I said, pushing potential subs away goes against what they seem to be looking to do here. And I, for one, would flock to a new server because I love starting fresh. I doubt many share that opinion though.

I also am not going to pretend I understand the logistics of realm creation, but I for one am glad they are keeping it as minimal as possible, dead servers killed many guilds and communities in early WoW.

And this is where we disagree my friend, we can agree to disagree on this.

It’s fine if we disagree because in the end neither of us has any reliable evidence, I mean I can point to the polls and posts all I want but in the end they can all be manipulated and skewed… but that’s as good as user-made stuff can get.

And I think that’s the main problem. If blizzard released an official poll and came to the conclusion that there is not enough interest, then that would be completely reasonable, but we’re all trying to guess where they got their numbers from, and the most likely answer seems to be past data from retail.

Agreed. I don’t think there’s enough interest, either. A “niche” as it were.

Also, if they are basing a lot of it on private servers, as so many of the private server heroes claim, then there won’t be one. There aren’t any RP-PvP private servers that I’m aware of. Just PvP & PvE ones. Combine that with the server numbers of retail, and boom. No need for a wasted server slot on a RP-PvP server.

1 Like

Like you said we can agree to disagree on if what I’m saying makes sense or not and Im sure we aren’t alone in that. I think you have good points as to why they should include RPPVP servers at launch lol. I’m really excited for classic and plan on playing it for a long time, so I really hope the launch is everything we hope it is and having RPPVP servers then would certainly make for a better experience for a lot of players.

I’m just saying that from Blizzard’s perspective there is logic in starting small and expanding as needed as opposed to starting big and retracting. It all depends on the success of the game in the long term, obviously there is substantial hype and support around the release of classic, but it is more difficult to gauge how that hype will last post release (months to years after launch).

Hopefully they will listen to the community and make some sort of announcement at the very least about it, but from past experiences they are going to take the economical approach, maybe for the reasons I listed maybe not, and ignore the players because it is what it is.

1 Like

Well that’s exactly it. Without anything concrete, all we have is our* opinions and best guesses to go by.
If however, Blizzard could show me there’s just not enough long-term interest to justify it…well then ok. We fought to good fight, but lost for good reason. I could take that. Off to PvP I go.
But just nothing…well, that’s not so easy to swallow.

1 Like

TBH it would be rather easy for them to do this, so they should.

I haven’t seen too many people claim that, but I agree with you, I’ve never seen one myself.

They already gave you an answer. They said no. You can keep making noise about it in the hopes they will change their minds.

Until they change their minds you must understand there will be no rp-pvp servers. It was never up for debate. It was just people who wanted it arguing for it after Blizzard said there won’t be any.

Well yeah. We had always assumed their inclusion* would be automatic. Absolutely never occurred to me that we would be here now, having this conversation.

Why are we having this conversation? They told us forever ago we wouldn’t have them. People thought by arguing for having them Blizzard would change their minds. While Blizzard has changed their minds from time to time I do not see it happening here.

Even if Blizzard might change their mind you MUST assume there will be no rp-pvp realms until such time they change their decision. To assume that they will include them is to set yourself up for failure.