Still no blue post about RP-PvP servers

Would it be possible to at least PRETEND someone at Blizzard is actually willing to give an answer to the community about RP-PvP servers ? They were present at Vanilla, why the hell would you have this Sh*t 1.12 AV but not Realms types that were both demanded back then and now ?
RP-PvP servers were a thing until some crappy game feature called warmode (basically PvP tag you can only change in capital cities) removed them out of existence.

You think it’s too niche ? Perhaps if every expansion (particularly from Cata) didn’t destroy wPvP and everything that is enjoyable in WoW with flying mouths, instancied worlds, new continent draining the population, etc, RP-PvP that would’nt be “niche” - and now that we can get rid of crappy game mechanics to get the WoW we love, not a single RP-PvP realm ? Seriously, who’s in charge of communication ?

28 Likes

There’s no blue post about ANYTHING server related.

Chillax, my guy.

5 Likes

Which is exactly what is wrong. No communication at all is not a way of handling community’s concern that I feel appropriate, and I think that most people waiting for RP-PvP servers are thinking the same.

I do not understand what the commotion is about not having RP-PVP realms for a two-day stress test.

If the argument is still included in the actual beta servers, it is a beta. Role playing is not quantifiable for performance & bug tracking.

Besides, Blizzard never said you couldn’t role play on regular servers. Create a RP guild and go at it.

4 Likes

No communication?

Your answer is no not at launch maybe possibly later on.

Literally from Blizzard themselves

4 Likes

They aren’t going to announce anything server related until they have a better idea of how many servers they will launch with based on numbers they are constantly watching.

Why on Earth would you announce any server numbers or types without having a better idea of what you need?

In case you missed it - the stress test starting today is going to have different populations in a blind test. Nobody will know. This will help them figure out a good number of people per layer, per realm. From there they can start figuring out specifics based on what they feel the demand is.

They are literally figuring this out and today’s test is part of it, genius.

Chillax. You’re not special. EVERYONE is waiting on info but it’s better they test options and keep an eye on things than just flap their gums and have to correct themselves later to the ire of folks like you.

They specifically said that if the community rose their voice, they would consider a change about this. We did. Yet not a single word from Blizzard.

It’s not about server numbers, it’s about server types. And the stress test has nothing to do with me opening this topic. I open this topic because the RP-PvP community has been raising its voice for weeks now, making one of the most active threads on this forum, but no one seems in charge of anything related to this at Blizz when it comes to answering the community’s concern. Nothing like “we’re still thinking” or “It’s a definitive no” or “it’s too early to decide but we’ll let you know when we have more informations”. Nothing.

I work in the IT and I did 3 years at a helpdesk. When you are waiting for more informations from higher levels, you don’t let your customers blind adn deaf, waiting without knowing what’s going on. While this is actually what happens with the RP-PvP community.

1 Like

RPers RP with or without dev help. RP that you are on a RP-PvP server and carry on.

2 Likes

My guy, that’s not how gamedev works. We already know they said they are considering those realms.

Once they dial in everything, then they will announce EVERYTHING and deal with whatever happens after.

Do you REALLY think it’s a good idea to release only snippets of info here and there? Really?

Have you seen this forum?

Everyone - including YOU - are looking to make mountains out of every mole hill they can find. Why feed all these trolls small nuggets so they can make 1 million threads about the same subject every time a small bit of info is released when you can drop all the info at once then sit back and let the forum go bonkers at that moment?

4 Likes

Stupidest answer I’ve read for a long time.

"No bar open ? Open a beer and pretend your home is a bar ! "

RP-PvP realms are needed to meet like-minded players to organize events with, storylines, etc.

2 Likes

The issue isn’t about the stress test. During one of the Q&A sessions it was said there would probably be no RP-PvP servers unless it was shown that there was significant interest in them.

Thanks for outing yourself as a troll. You are not vested in this topic. You are using current hot topics to bait.

RPers RP anytime anywhere. If you can’t see that then you don’t RP. RPers have never needed dev help to organize.

3 Likes

From my experience on a RP-PvP realm (Emerald Dream), I rarely see anyone actually role playing.

It might not be the best example, but there is no way to police every single player if they are RPing or not.

1 Like

Still no blue post for unarmored mounts! :horse::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Sure there is.

Having an easily server type (RP-PvP) allows like minded players to easily find each other and let’s other people know that, “Hey, this is a server for RP so if you aren’t interesting this might not be your best choice”. You’re right in that RPers can just RP on any server but without the server designation anyone interested in RP would need to research outside of the game itself to find out which PvP server is the “correct” one. In addition, RP servers tend to be policed differently by GMs when it comes to obvious RP trolls trying to disrupt player RP.

Is this true? I haven’t personally come across this in the past. If this is fact, I can see it as a valid argument.

1 Like

I understand what labeling a server does. I also am aware of that Blizzard has said able labeling their servers in such a way.

I’m also now aware the OP isn’t interested in any of that.

I had a guy spamming feasts on top of my group once trying to RP and submitted a ticket. He got bored with it before I got a reply from the GM. GM basically told me that he could see that he was spamming feasts in the logs but the logs didn’t give him enough information to show it was on directly on top of our group so nothing could be done. Which would imply that yeah, RP trolling isn’t tolerated.

I didn’t get that impression at all from OP. To each their own I guess?