Still no blue post about RP-PvP servers

I am trying to remember. I know I would complain when people wanted invites and had special characters. Will try to look it up. You got me curious now. . hehe

I don’t think there is a blue post about any server information or realm information 
 yet.

I’m guessing they’re waiting after all stress test are completed to make any official server type announcements

The most odd thing is that the blue mentioned that the stress test servers would have different blind settings that they will be monitoring, but muddied the water by having an odd number of realm types on top of that.

I bow to your memory my fine sir.

Hard to find but I dug up an old blue post site and back in 1.9 for NA it was a violation of name policy. If you got reported it would be changed.

Poster: Caerrus at 8/20/2006 7:23:21 AM PDT
Subject: Re: “Special” characters in player names 

As the above posters have said, the policy on North American realms states that non-standard characters are inappropriate for these realms. Any names which include non-standard characters are in violation of our Naming Policy, and may be changed if reported to the Game Master Department. Our Game Master staff will not make an exception in this matter. If you would like to see the policy changed, I would advise you to post in the Suggestions Forum , Sixandstones.Who are you, masked mystery man?! Unveil yourself

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-customer-service&t=112340&p=#post112514
1 Like

Oh, ok, cool, the. Go ahead and carry on with the OP’s topic. If you believe in it then that’s your thing.

As for me, I have identified the intent. Tere is no discussion to be had.

If there’s no discussion to be had then I fail to see why you keep trying to undermine the attempts of the RP-PVP community to be heard.

*Shrugs * “That’s your thing” I guess

Agreed. I do not understand the motivation to thread derail like that.

I keep replying to people asking me questions.

Notice I have not replyed to the OP.

Except “we did” is like 100 different people and that’s it. Simply because you see muiltiple threads created doesn’t mean it’s enough interest. The same people continue to create threads about it, leading some to believe there’s massive interest. There’s not.

1 Like

I was thinking along the lines of player feedback and analytics on server densities. For example, right now just because there is interest in them, does not mean that it will be a successful server. If, upon launch, large volumes of players are still suggesting it, and other servers are highly populated (i.e. they think they can get enough players on the server for it to be worth their effort), than put the resources into it.

I’m not saying that it is the best thing for the players, but from Blizzard’s standpoint, and for the longevity of the game in general, It makes sense why they wouldn’t have them in at the start. If they add too many servers at launch, and then 6 months later a lot of people are not playing anymore so some servers could be underpopulated and then they would have to combine them or something which we wouldn’t want.

Just a thought on why they may not have them right now, could be completely wrong and if you don’t agree that is fine too lol.

Except the user-made polls and post engagement completely refute your argument. Unless you’re willing to assert that each one of those 100 players has like 30 accounts and they actively post on each one of them to boost up the numbers.

Based on how many of the same people created 4-5-6+ threads about it on it here I wouldn’t doubt it.

You can also create an RP guild on a PvP server, you know, instead of creating multiple posts begging. Not like you’re going to be interacting with the enemy in chat or over voice.

Ah! That’s wonderful, let’s just cram all the RPers into one guild
 c’mon you can make a better argument than that, I believe in you!

No, what will happen will be that everyone who intended to play on an RP-PvP realm will go and play on either an RP or PVP realm, which there will be a bunch, so you’ll have the community scattered among several realms with no chance of connecting. You’ll be lucky if you can gather a group to form a guild, and you can’t even dream about having the diversity and freedom of coice which a realm labeled as RP-PVP gives you. Not all RPers are the same you know? Some will want to go and form a human-military guild, others will go with the traditional elven one, others will just keep selling their noodles even when they don’t have the option to be pandaren. You saying that we can suck it and play on a PvP realm just speaks of how little you understand about RP.

Dude I’m not playing on an rppvp server so I have no dog in this fight but it’s a real shame for players who want to. I see no reason there shouldn’t be at least 1 rppvp server

2 Likes

Not quite, I played on ED for a bit and enjoy it myself, but it’s totes cool you assume I know nothing and am just rambling against you, which everyone on this forum seems to assume when someone disagrees. No one’s saying make one guild, heck make as many as you want, I enjoy RPing myself when the community is good.

But Blizzard has a reason for not doing this, and it isn’t simply “screw you.” I’m not claiming to know what it may be, but a company isn’t purposefully driving away potential subs just to spite you all.

Now, the reason they’ve given is low interest. Which is true, but no one wants to admit it, so let’s scratch that then.

What could it be?

They’ve stated there isn’t enough interest, but they’ve certainly got a reason they’re not doing it, even if it’s not that.

Not really, I try my best to respect opinions, specially when I disagree with them.
My statement was an inference purely made out of your “suggestion” to just roll on a PvP realm and expect to be able to find RP there, and your inability to see the non-viability of it.

I don’t pressume to know some bigger conspiracy on their part, I mean they’re a company, if they believed it would yield them money they would do it.
So the answer to your question would be, they are refusing to make an RP-PVP realm on the belief there is a lack of interest. And they’re just saying “whatever if there’s demand we’ll just make one later down the road”
 without caring about how detrimental this would be for the players.

And yes, I suspect they’re wrong in thinking there isn’t enough interest.

You mean the small, niche community they said there was?

There was. The answer was no.

They’re not needed.

Again, what makes post-launch requests more valuable than pre-launch? If people establish characters and guilds on realms prior to blizzard giving it any consideration, those people are less likely to trash those characters in order to go to the realm that should have already existed. That and it will further drive people away from the game and company out of anger.

Effort? What effort? It is literally adding 2 letters to a PVP realm.

If anything, A RPPVP server would be the least likely of the realm types to see such an exodus. People on RPPVP realms are highly invested in the characters, guilds, rivalries, etc.

Agreed to disagree. You have to admit that your throwing shade on the desires of RPPVP players is suspect. I simply cannot see your motivation for acting as devil’s advocate.

Firstly, thank you for that. I honestly don’t much either. I like the community the RP-PvP folks generate.

Which begs the question, just how do they intend to glean that information? How do they know there’s interest in something they don’t offer?

It just isn’t the same as everyone being auto-flagged. So, most of us are actually going over to PvP.