Still having arena 123 macros, help?

None of this should impact targeting.

It definitely impacts whether you can /cast [@arena1] on a target. I know this because if healer is guardian and they are arena1 and you try to counterspell them, it will counter your target instead. I am not sure if player states is causing the issue of /cast [@arena1] counter spelling your target when the focusā€™d target is los, range, vanished or if its something else? Someone was telling me its likely player state, because sometimes when druid stuns and comes out of stealth and you try to sheep him, it will sheep your target instead. It doesnā€™t seem happen when he is already out in stealth in cat form, it will say immune. Iā€™m not sure if its treating him as a friendly player temporarily, when he comes out and stuns or what?

Also, I am testing right now and /cast [@focus] counterspell will counterspell my target always, when the focusā€™d target is 40+ yards away. The /cleartarget fix works, but you will run into issues chaining spells i.e. cs1, ss2, and poly3 with no dps filler on your kill target, you will lose your kill target and you have to manually target it every time.

SoftTargetEnemyRange needs to be set to 0 or no amount of retargeting or cleartargeting will do anything, and action targeting will instead retarget the onto your current target.

Mine are set to 0, Iā€™ve made all these changes already. /cleartarget does indeed fix the issue. If you do not /cleartarget, /cast [@focus] counterspell will cast on your target if your focus is out of range and if you are in combat with your target who needs to be close to you I think? not sure, I did not try novaā€™ing him and going to max range.

You can see here:

If you still have problems after disabling Action Targetting and the SoftTarget cvars, try going back to a simple macro without any of the /target /targetlasttarget workaround stuff. Just one line /use [@arena1]polymorph etc

Yea, I just made a video of this. Putting those cvars back did not seem to help either, addonless does not seem to help either. I think its inherently a dragonflight issue.

I was able to get simple macros to target cast even with action targeting disabled. The retargeting is necessary.
:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

Simple macro as in?:

#showtooltip counterspell
/cast [@focus] counterspell

Or do you have /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget in it? Are you addonless? What cvar changes did you make?

Iā€™ve been unable to replicate any issues out against some random chipmunks either.

Oh right, that has targetlasttarget in there, which works, but like I said when you chain multiple macros like focus icenova, focus slow, ss123, cs123, poly123 + tab targetting regular dps macros, manually retargetting your kill target with tab or your mouse is always necessary.

Possibly the /target player fixes the issues, Iā€™ve not tried, my hunch is /target player will still cause /cast [@focus] counterspell to go on your target instead of invalid target when the healer is redeemer.

Iā€™ve been unable to replicate these macros untargeting my kill target, either against dummies, against npcs not in combat, or against npcs in combat. Not saying it isnā€™t happening to you, Iā€™m just saying I cannot personally replicate it outside of an arena environment. Need to get a wargame going.

1 Like

Yea, that will be next to impossible, need 6 accounts, because in 3s it seems to not work but in 2s its fine as there are only 2 targets.

you donā€™t need 6 accounts, you just need 6 dummies volunteers

Lol, yea, do you have a holy priest? I worry your macro with the /target player part will target myself when @focus is in stealth or priest is in redeemer, making me lose my kill target.

So by the way, it definitely is player states or something, see vod:

Thatā€™s the entire point behind targetlasttarget. So after targeting yourself, it will retarget your kill target. This happens basically instantaneously and youā€™ll never even see your target switch. This targeting happens regardless of whether or not you have something to cast on or if your target is out of range. Itā€™s always retargeting.

Actually if you /target arena1 and sheep arena1 in your macro and arena2 is targeted, it will target arena1 until the sheep is completed and then go back to targeting arena2 when the sheep completes.

It does not target arena1 until the sheep is completed. It targets arena1, casts sheep, and retargets all essentially simultaneously. The macro does not wait to execute further lines. Also in regard to that video, action targeting is about 50 yards, not 40.

Could not replicate any cast or targeting issues against a rogue vanishing or a spirit of the redeemer priest set as focus

1 Like

So, what you are saying, if you have someone focusā€™d and they are 40-50 yards away, focus works as expected; The error text will say - target is out of range. Though soon as your focus jumps to 50-55 yards away, it will counterspell your target instead. What is the fix here? Because players shimmer, disengage, speed to 50-55+ yards all the time, especially the healers who like to max range.

What youā€™re already doing; changing 1 cvar and targeting something else in the macro. Either the target you actually want, but is out of range or invalid or whatever, or targeting yourself, who is also an invalid target for the spell you want to cast, so the spell doesnā€™t actually get cast.