Still having arena 123 macros, help?

Thanks, with:

#showtooltip
/target player
/cast [@focus,exists] counterspell
/targetlasttarget

if you use this on a priest who is redeemer, will it counterspell my target instead of saying invalid target? Your video did not show the error text.

See the above video. Neither judgement, final verdict, or blade of justice cast on target when I activated spirit of the redeemer. Counterspell shouldn’t.

Yes, but that is because its redeemer

Oh I missed that. I will have to test this.

Edit: It seems to work for me. Is there any reason for the exists portion?

IDK, it was in the original macro you linked. I do either exists, harm, or help out of habit because my macros generally also include a target fallback, and if you do not verify in the conditional that a focus has to exist, then the macro will never move past the focus cast if one does not exist. I don’t generally use focus or arena 1/2/3 conditionals, I use all mouseover or target casts.

I will have to queue some 3s, I actually think you may have fixed my arena123 problem entirely with the /target player trick lmao. I will let you know. How did you figure that out? Creative thinking? Experience with the game? or did someone tell you? Lol.

My question is, if my macro is like :

#showtooltip counterspell
/target focus
/cast [@focus] counterspell
/targetlasttarget

And the focus target is redeemer, will it cs my target or say invalid target?

Also, I know that

/target arena1
/cast [@arena1] counterspell
/targetlasttarget

Does not work all the time in 3s and it creates targeting issues with certain situations. It never really sheeps or cs’s the wrong target afaik, but targeting gets really wonky with 3 targets and multiple arena123 macros. Is that because /target arena1 stores arena1 as the last target?

Ima be honest all this just to play a minigame within a larger game optimally is pretty bonkers

Currently leveling a pally and already thinking about the macros I’ll need to create to comfortably use the support part of the kit

Game could really benefit from some smartcast functionality with some spells too. Like bro when I cast Freedom automatically put it on my closest ally or prioritize an ally that is in a snare or root, it’s 2024. As ret why would I ever want to cast the spell on myself only

Agreed. Things were pretty smooth in shadowlands. Every expansion and patch introduces new issues.

Ah right i had this issue with my like very standard mod shift @focus shadowstep macro ive used forever either in SL or DF.

So that still hasnt been fixed?

its fixable with a cvar change. and then some convoluted macroing

1 Like

So no. Lol. Is the cvar a script i can click once or an addon idk what cvar means

shouldn’t have to set it more than once unless your game crashes or something else that isn’t a standard logout to save cvars.

/run SetCVar("SoftTargetEnemyRange",0)
2 Likes

I take this back, shadowlands in general was a very buggy expansion but at least arena123 worked for me.