Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

It boggles my mind how this addon exists.

“Oh but it existed in vanilla!”

Classic LFG addon existed in vanilla, too, and blizzard broke that since it was against the spirit of vanilla. So the argument that it existed in vanilla is a bad argument.

The spirit of vanilla is that rogues had the element of surprise. This addon is against the spirit of vanilla just as much as the classic LFG addon was.

8 Likes

ClassicLFG is still around and still works; many people use it.

They broke one small part of it that not many people used anyway, but it’s main fumctions are still intact.

2 Likes

If you’re close enough when you stealth for my combat log to pick up on it, you’re also close enough for me to hear you stealth anyways, so you better bet im popping perception.

9 Likes

How long will you stand there spamming aoe? Rogues can just sit away from you and wait for you to get bored of looking for them. Thats what I mean by pick their fights, you make it sound like one stealth player in a zone shuts it down as every reacts like they are about the get jumped.

They can just sit in stealth, waiting until you stop looking for them. Most rogues are out looking for easy targets, and most people are going to farm while in the world, even with rogues running around.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think you will find a hard time getting people to care at all. Because Rogues tend to be the most annoying, obnoxious players out there. Phase 2 isnt even out and I am already tired of going to neutral cities like Booty Bay, Ratchet and Gadgetzan. You can’t do anything without 2-3 rogues stealthing around sapping people for a minute and laughing. Then ganking them at any opportunity they can find.

I say good riddance. Less rogues the better. Hope you quit the game.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if they did, once you eliminate Spy. 'Cause you, of all people, should know, people like the advantage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was in un’goro and every time I would go to the quest hub the same rogue was trying to gank me. When he messed up his rotation and I was able to defend myself he ran like the coward he is.

5 Likes

Say the Druid who has the ability to stealth.

Druid stealth is easily detectable unless you’re talented into it. Being resto I am not, so even stealthing around to try to avoid Rogues is basically useless. And just because someone has stealth, doesn’t mean they want to gank everyone they see.

4 Likes

Alsoria: Spy doesn’t offer any advantage!
Also Alsoria: Don’t break it!

12 Likes

Puggle and ClassicLFG are amazing and all they do is parse the lfg/trade/world channel spam and sort out what groups dungeons classes people want

Most rogues are played by children. Children don’t have much patience. So most rogues will eventually try, and fail, and then die.

4 Likes

Didn’t know about it. A little bit of a hypocrite…honestly though, I’m downloading it immediately.

Why would anyone roll makeup on a WoW server?

1 Like

Yeah I think the people who are anti spy are in the right place, I don’t remember people using spy to track stealthers. All I remember it doing was telling you who was in the same zone as you, besides the only class that should be tracking peoples positions with coordinates are hunters and druids.

I mean blizzard broke the lfd addon someone created, despite there being the same arguments stating it just read lfg channel.

5 Likes

Thank you for telling me about this addon! I’m installing it right now.

6 Likes

So you want changes? I keep feeling that #nochanges is most mental gymnastics I have seen in awhile.

So if that is a too big advantage then why not change Paladins? Why let warriors becomes gods of every single role they do?

1 Like

Because if you see someone and suddenly you don’t see them, they obviously stealthed.

That’s how it was in vanilla. Spy was also in vanilla. Get over it.

2 Likes

I had no idea this existed. It sounds lame beyond belief.
<---- Sad Gnome. :worried:

5 Likes

I wanted to make rogue but not with this addon around. I use it myself tho.