Steady Flying

You have already been pointed out that in game it is called Skyriding, but you refuse to acknowledge. Are you that spiteful? Don’t you get tired of being like that

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if they suddenly change its name to a Mother Gooses Tail with Feathers Flying, its the current main style of flying that is offered within the game at the launch of TWW that is present from the moment that the xpac goes live to everyone. It also is included in a number of quest and story lines explaining the back ground of it to one of the main races of the xpac and its importance to them.

You make hate the style of flight all you want, you may choose not to use it, or you may spit nails at Blizzard for having it this way and having Steady Flight which has zero story line content in the current xpac what so ever, locked behind pathfinder which is the easiest and shortest pathfinders in history of it being in the game.

But going on about what they have called this form of flight, be it Dragonriding in DF, or temp name of Dynamic flight or now Skyriding which is in the actual story line of the xpac. This has nothing to do with you argument about pathfinder or Steady Flight, which by the way is just renamed in itself from TBC flight.

Yep and there it is…fellow players siding with Blizzard with putting Pathfinder too Steady flying aka TBC flying while they enjoy Dynamic flight day 1 and rest of us that need to use Steady flight get stuck having to either ground mount all around TWW zones so we can play Blizzards little game of Pathfinder or try to use Dynamic flight and ruin our health…dang nice choices now…and here I thought some of the gamers in WoW would stand up for rest of players that are disabled…

8 Likes

We might, for those that are disabled enough to really have issues, like I think you might fall Moused.

The thing is, some of the disabled players are also backing the choice of Blizzard. This this makes some wonder if the claims of being disabled are more cries of victimization just because their preferred method of travel is not available from the get go, or if some are claiming it to get special treatment.

Just as an example:
Few, if any, would deny a wheelchair bound person a ramp or elevator to enter or get around in multi elevation/flor buildings
However, if one that can walk on their own is using a wheelchair and claiming the need a ramp, only to be outed as a faker, hoo boy,

So how do we, or Blizzard, sort out the truly disabled from those claiming something that is not true or embellishing their disability? And if we are unable to, how do we make it so all can get things without appearing like one side is favored other another.

I will buy that those that want steady flight are physically disabled to a degree, but not all disabilities are the same or to the same degree (mild vs. moderate vs. severe). So what is fine for one is noth enough for another.

Which means logically it should not be gated, ever.

8 Likes

Who’s confused? Now that they opened up the feature to all mounts the name Dragon Riding doesn’t make sense.

The arachnophobia filter is NOT necessary. If someone is actually freaked out by a spider in a video game :joy: they’re too fragile for the real world or Azeroth. The little pixel spider can’t harm you lol

3 Likes

Ugh, back to that are we? Ok, how’s this for logic? Ion is a lawyer, or has enough education in such so he knows how to word things to give himself plausible deniability. In essence, this means that if he did not say “Steady Flight is an accessibility feature”, or close enough to leave no doubt, he can easily say “now I never said that”.

Or… they changed the name because it no longer only applies to dragons?

It would be weird calling it ‘dragonriding’ when you are on a cat or a horse.

Flying in a video game is going to ruin your health? :joy:

The level of grasping at straws is INSANE lol.
The fact we have to clarify and explain the name change… oof

I answered that in the next sentence:

My experience in Beta says otherwise.

I’ve experimented with them extensively, they help, but do resolve the problem for me.

I will complete it in my time. People need to understand this is a barrier to game play for many of us, of course we will voice our opinion against it.

6 Likes

Is it really? Gameplay is leveling at the beginning and I didn’t find anything in Beta that prevented me from leveling without Sky Riding.

You do realize that the crux of the issue here is people being told to “do work” to unlock a flight mode that they’re constantly being told is inferior (and as of my last check, still doesn’t work in Dawnbreaker) while people walk in the door of the new expansion able to use the “superior” flight mode without any work whatsoever?

If you tell me that Dragonriding is work, I’m gonna laugh in your face.

I mean, it’s an expansion with an extremely heavy presence of spiders and spider humanoids that is entirely unavoidable due to them being our primary antagonist, at least in the expansion opening.

That is an incredibly ignorant and demeaning take.

5 Likes

Except it’s not even work. You already need to level and you already need to do the zone stories. Pathfinder comes from just playing. There’s no extra hoops to jump through.

Feel free to add feedback to them on Bug report forums.
You’ll see massively support for you there.

1 Like

Is there a direct quote from Blizzard on that

I didn’t say it was, but thanks. Was addressing the poster I quoted:

He said it, not me.

4 Likes

I know you didn’t. So what’s the issue?

Yes it is a barrier to many of us. I will be leveling on the ground watching skyriders zoom around in the air completing everything faster.

5 Likes

No, people don’t need Blizzard to say that. Plenty of “lul just Dragonride it’s easy”, “if you can’t Dragonride quit”, “you just hate work huh”, and other similar sentiments in this thread from our wonderful community.

Just scroll up.

6 Likes

So people are complaining that Blizzard has a soft restriction behind a very easy and fast achievement on the flying mount, because of what other people say on the internet?

Seems a bit of stretch to me.