Steady Flying

It’s not about doing the chores. Speaking for myself, I have no problem doing grinds to achieve what I want. Skyriding causes motion sickness for me. I play video games for fun, not to feel like I’m going to vomit.

This was not my experience in Beta, after several weeks, I have not even completed the second campaign required. No, it will not be done in a few hours.

4 Likes

The map is also ground mount friendly.
I have friends with the same problem and they had no problem getting everything done in less than a week.

The majority will. It sounds like you either aren’t playing for very long or are getting side tracked a lot.
But the time investment to complete the campaign is really not that long.
I believe it was around 8 hours? Thats how long I saw a few people complete it anyways.

Not for me and many others. Just because you have a “friend” with the same problem can complete it in a week, does not mean others will have the same experiences.

This post is an example of you making slight of peoples problems with pathfinder.

This is your option, based on assumptions. I don’t agree with you. This is an example of a post to phase out Steady Flight.

As you’ve said, you are basing this on assumptions of what ION has said.

1 Like

I not 100% sure of this, but if newer flying mount are all just only dynamic flying mount and are not able to be used as steady flying mounts. This is a sign that they are basically not focusing on doing anything more with Steady fight when it comes to producing anything to it. Thus one could say phasing it out to some extent.

Doesn’t mean removing it, just means as new content is added to the game nothing will be made around Steady flight when comes to new stuff coming into the game.

Im not. Just pointing out ground mounting exists and its doable without flying.

And if you weren’t such an accusatory potato I’d offer to have you ride along with me and my group when we do the campaign.

It was a hypothesis based on what ion said on stage. Ive also said that countless times throughout the thread.

Pointing out the fact he said “this is flight now” - ending his dynamic flight topic, it was a safe assumption.
And note I also said “at the very least less focus” in reference to tbc.
You are literally grasping at straws trying to paint me out to be a villan for whatever reason :joy:

Grats you pointed out it was an assumption. ‘I think they might’. Not ‘they should’ or ‘are going to’. Big difference.

On this point, if they make all future mounts Dynamic only, that will affect sales on the shop when they sell new mounts. People who either can’t use or don’t prefer Dynamic flying will most likely not buy those mounts. I know that since I prefer steady flying, I haven’t bought the last two mounts since they are dynamic only. Unless they plan to give them the functionality of both I see this affecting sales which I know won’t sit well with the bean counters.

6 Likes

My first run through took me 12 hours /played.
The second run took 10.
Then I did it all on a ground mount and that took me 12 because I knew most of the tricks. I’m guessing it would have taken me an extra hour or 2 at most if it was my first ruin through.

Your a hard facts kinda person. Where is your data that backs up your claim most people will finish pathfinder in 8 hours or less. Or was that anecdotal? There are so many factors that play into how long it takes to finish a piece of content, unless you are blizzard with all its metrics, you can’t know.

This is another reason to hope Blizz gets rid of PF. I understand they probably won’t.

8 Likes

But you see them already doing it, as well as the mounts being offered in xpac bonus if you pay more for the xpac package. Since I have no clue as to in Beta what mounts drops are or being offered within the TWW game play. I cant say if they are strictly Dynamic flight mounts or not.

If the pathfinder for TWW is so freaking easy then Blizzard needs to put Dynamic flying behind it too, its only fair for both sides now…what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

9 Likes

Yeah, I need to get on there and see if my dynamic mounts can do both kinds of flight. I would imagine sunce they are using a button to switch between skyriding and steady flight, all new mount drops can be used either way.

You do realize that there is some storyline that is about Dynamic flying mounts while you explore the world? Thus is probably the main reason you get to use them in that mode while leveling. There is even quest directly linked to it.

Do you just read part of a statement then type away with your ‘gotchas’? :roll_eyes:

It says ‘I believe’, with a question mark mind you. Then my reference.
You aren’t even trying.

You can’t know for sure, but its also a safe assumption based on most previous xpacs that the average player will have the entire campaign done by the weekend.

Zones can take between 1 to 2 hours roughly per zone based on pacing, and there are 4 zones. If the math maths. That comes to 8 hours.
I guess when I hit max on early access, I’ll have to edit with an ‘I told you so’ since you want to take guesses and assumptions so literal.

I’m not playing a game of gotcha. My point was simply to say compltion times will vary. I’d rather see no pathfinder. Simple as that.

7 Likes

Hard data on % of players and how fast they consume content is pretty much something that only Blizzard themselves know. However if you play the game every single xpac for the past 20 years like some of us have, and you are in very large guilds filled with active people. You can pretty much see with your own eyes just how fast people will blaze threw new content. Specially clearing the start area’s of a new xpac so they can be ready for season one when it starts.

While in most cases times do very depending on just how much a person can log in per day over the course of a week or 2, but in the guild I been in. 80% of Guild members all complete leveling and the main quest chain within at least the range from 6 to 10 hours worth of actual game played time.

The raid team of this guild the majority of them will take vacation off work so they can all max their game play time for the 1st week or 2 of the xpac to make themselves raid ready for when the 1st season goes live. I can tell you from experience they are all 100% within the 1st, 24 hours of the xpac release already max level and are grinding for gear to push best ilvl and gear they can get for raid start. I am guessing that most progressive guilds that are either raid or mythic + are doing this, and many even lone wolf style players who are end game progressive players are also doing this just from 20 years of seeing it 1st hand.

You do not need hard data chart produced from Blizzard to make it 100% clear, one just has to look around and see people doing this in general to understand it is done and done every xpac.

1 Like

Then why do you keep trying? Lol.

Yes they do, but it won’t take the average player longer than a few days to complete it was my entire point.
And that is based off wod to df (mop campaign was very time consuming)

I mean yea. In its current state, its almost nonexistent. Its pretty pointless to have it, but I can see why they did.

They didn’t though. That’s the reality. Flight is available at launch. If that flight doesn’t work for some people, then they have to do PF. It’s how they want it and it’s how it is.

1 Like

Even if that is true, Quivermethis has every right to do so, given that Quiver hasn’t disrespected anyone, which we can’t say the same for the other angry posters in this thread that have been harassing back and then whomever disagrees with them.

This is your opinion about Quiver’s ideas, but then again, Quiver has every right to do that, and you should be able to live with that, because if you can’t deal with the fact people have different opinions than yours, the forums is the least place for you to be.

So what it is about that you haven’t been able to say?

It can be done in less than a day.

They’ve added features to help with motion sickness. Have you given feedback to them why it hasn’t helped you? Link the post here, so we can take a look together and reinforce your feedback.

What competition is happening that I’m missing. If you can’t complete in the day 1 because whatever reasons, fine, you can complete it at your time and then you’ll have the TBC flying experience available but you don’t need it for the campaign.

Skyriding*

And it is not behind a pathfinder because it is one of the Themes of the Expansion TWW.
You’ve got to accept that, it is reality.

2 Likes

No no no its Dynamic flying …that is what Blizzard said it was…but before that it was Dragon Flying…see what I mean they keep changing the name of these flights to keep folks confused.

3 Likes