Steady Flying

Please remove the achievements needed to use this style of flying. Large part of the community appreciates dragon flying but we don’t like it. Don’t force us into this. I’m okay with it being slower and more boring. I like that. I didn’t play a lot of this expansion because of dragon flying. So please please please don’t force this for the war within.

222 Likes

You literally just need to play the game in order to unlock steady flying

-Complete the main leveling storyline in the Isle of Dorn.
-Complete the main leveling storyline in the Ringing Deeps.
-Complete the main leveling storyline in Hallowfall.
-Complete the main leveling storyline in Azj-Kahet.
-Explore all the regions of Khaz Algar, revealing the map for all the four main zones.

By the way, why are you even paying a sub if you don’t like playing the game?

68 Likes

It’s pretty stupid to have it locked at this point

176 Likes

Sometimes you have to put forth a little effort into the things you want.

and I stress ‘little effort’

27 Likes

I don’t get why people hate steady flying so much? Why the hate? I wish someone can explain why people hate steady flight?

Is it cause of the hover ability? That like saying you hate helicopters and love planes. Do we really have to pick a side?

Why lock one and not the other? If your going to lock one lock the other as well. Why have favorites? Why pick sides?

If steady flight is locked behind path finder then dragonriding should be locked as well behind path finder as well. They both should share in the path finding insanity.

117 Likes

Then the same should apply to Skyriding. :person_gesturing_no:

87 Likes

No.

“Don’t make us play the game”, to paraphrase what you said here.

Clearly a bait and troll post.

People have for literally years explained this.

They aren’t the same. Which has also been explained before (albeit not for years).

Sure. You hit level 60 and get access to it.
Or is it 58? One of the two, can’t remember which one.

No, TBC flying isn’t comparable to DF flying. So no, what you are trying to say is a red herring as the two aren’t remotely comparable.

11 Likes

Wouldn’t bother me at all. I never minded pathfinder, even back in WoD when it was significantly more involved to achieve.

8 Likes

It’s pretty clear by their actions that Blizz prefers Sky Riding. They just don’t have the stones to get rid of TBC flight yet.

7 Likes

I think its wild people continue to sub to a game they don’t like or play very much

16 Likes

They both take off in the air and give flight. But old school flight has hover ability and is slower. Yet one is punished and the other is not I don’t get it. Both forms of flight should be locked or none at all. Path finding is stupid and it should have been trashed at WoD.

68 Likes

Great post and you reveal that you are a valued member of the community as well. Your insights are deeply valued.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

12 Likes

Where did anyone say they hated it?

Static flying has always been locked behind something. Originally, it was max level and gold. A lot of gold. Then it was Pathfinder account wide much later in the expansion with a crap ton of requirements.

Now it’s Pathfinder account wide at the beginning just for doing the leveling campaign.

Static flying is seen by Blizz to not be engaging and cheesing the content. Dynamic flying is their middle ground compromise to not keeping you on the ground. Blizzard has described it as more engaging with the environment and content than static flying.

Their philosophy is always to keep people engaged in the content. Before, that was on the ground. Now, it’s in the air using their type of engagement as they want it to be.

We get static flying in the amount of time it takes to level. For some, that’s days. For others, that’s a week. There is no wait and War Within is very ground mount friendly for those who cannot use dynamic flying.

It’s not hatred. It’s simply this is how Blizzard views their game and what they want that immersion and engagement to look like.

17 Likes

True, true.

The truth is coming out now that people are realizing BlizZard is very unprofessional.

Even their dedicated hall monitors can not defend such a decision!

:thinking:

16 Likes

Pathfinder?
yeah, thats Ions baby. its NEVER being removed under any circumstances lol.
He wont use it for his shiny NEW baby…dragonriding…and his obstinance in the PF matter wont allow him to let that go for god sake…so using PF for old flight is the only way he can make his new toy shine and still keep his old toy useful…even if there is literally no reason both cant exist together from day one.

21 Likes

Because of all the people moaning and complaining about it every expansion for the past 10 years, as though the game is somehow unplayable because you can’t fly.

3 Likes

Then why does the arachnophobia filter exist then?

11 Likes

Easily fixed…but Ion doesnt want old flight at all, so I wouldnt count on him ever changing it so he doesnt feel the need to ruin it with PF.

just remove the hover ability from old flight. If you aint moving forward…you stall and fall.
If he doesnt like Druid…do what I do when trying to mine in bird form…force me out of it.
So if Im in bird form and I click something, force me into racial form.
Then Druid isnt a threat to his new toy, dragon riding and theres no reason to keep pushing PF.

But like I said, hes not going to allow ANYTHING to cast a shadow over dragonriding.

8 Likes

People can play without the arachnophobia filter just fine since it hasn’t existed for 15 years of the games cycle right?

is that the hill that BlizZard wants to die on?

:thinking:

14 Likes

What are you on about?

2 Likes