Steady Flying

Where 30k came from, was me attempting to adjust the 1k price of cold weather flying in Wrath for the past 15 years of gold inflation.

Current style of design of the game relies on farming data and numbers and it is very reactive rather than pro active.

That is why some classes are in the dark in terms of design like Demon Hunters, Rogues, etc.

Because BlizZard is over reliant on data metrics. The data metrics they saw with how DR vs TBC flying unfolded scared BlizZard which is why they are holding their ground.

But I have said this many times it is a gamble that they should not attempt again like the WoD flying fiasco that unfolded as memorial day weekend was to kick off.

The WoD flying fiasco lead to bigger strains being revealed like a lack of communication. Followed by a promise for better communication which has not been true and has worsened over time.

To the point that the forums, and other official channels are husks even though the player base has not dropped off that much compared to WoD.

This lack of communication and flex in design is a big problem that has caused a lot of players to question what is the direction of the game.

TBC normal flying has always been the crown jewel of the game and attempts to lock it away, phase it out, remove it, etc have not worked.

At some point TBC normal flying will be restored in full with no strings attached and that day will be glorious indeed. For that day will be the day that we as players can go on our way to a brighter path of just using TBC normal flying in a zen like way. It doesn’t have to be about go go go all the time. Or a competition for some prize or a race to some standing. Rather a state of playing a full fledged MMORPG and being immersed in the game world without feeling rushed through a line like a theme park from point A to point B.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

5 Likes

Bingo…I use to run my ram though those zones and outrun mobs …being a hunter I had feign death to work with me to drop mob aggro once I was dismounted and mined the node… I knew those mine routes like the back of my hand back then.

1 Like

I didn’t say you did. I was explaining why the difference is important. Reread what I said.

Tbh I think you are just looking for something to be offended about.

I explained a thing and then gave an example. You misinterpreted what was said.
:dracthyr_shrug:

I don’t twist words or put words in people’s mouth. I directly quote you saying the thing so there is no lack of context.

HaH 30K was nothing for me back during LK either…I brought the Traveling Mammoth 2nd week into LK going live there abouts …then 3 weeks later I dropped 15K for the Motorcycle since I was a engi back then I had dropped skinning for Engi before LK went live…my guild back then pushed me though dungeons for rep to buy recipe to make the motorcycle for them too…see as a engi I also had a very big steady business making ammo for hunters since we used Ammo back then…see some of us look ahead to the up coming expansions and planned accordingly.

Just checked the dates in game…cause this web site is not working correctly to see my achive…Traveling Mammoth brought 11/26/08…motorcycle 12/14/08…all total 31K in gold and game went live 11/13/08…its called I busted my butt as a miner and engi …little secret now with LK going live there was a little part every player needed for a quest and only Engi could make it…I did more engi and mining work then questing those first few weeks cause I was making gold like crazy cause of that part.

1 Like

You’d figure it might make sense for Blizzard to take the easy W by simply offering the choice right from the beginning, but Blizzard apparently wants to take an L on this instead.

Gotta love the comments from people on it though. “Nah, you gotta earn your slower flying by playing on the ground while the rest of us fly around!”

Sheesh.

6 Likes

I never said you did now did I?
Your last comment, you even pointed out I was talking about other people lol.

And I acknowledged that.
I said because he mentioned accessibility at all, people are running with it and twisting his words to mean bc flying is an accessibility feature.
Not that people are unintentionally using it as such.

Are you trying to go for a gotcha or something? Because you completely twisted what I said lol.

1 Like

Well it is a common theme with TWW. This is why it is scary how fast they are pushing out TWW.

3 Likes

It’ll be an interesting expansion launch, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Indeed.

One of the Rogue hero talent cap stones is a DPS loss. Not sure how that is possible…because it takes five minutes to determine that…

:thinking:

1 Like

These are wow players you’re talking to.

Something can’t be a side effect, it can only be the main and intended purpose of a system.

I didn’t twist anything. It seems you just want to argue. Post after post you argue with someone or accuse them of twisting your words. Do have an actual position on topic?

2 Likes

Hah true.
Also if you mention anything, you are talking about them. The last what? 2 - 3 replies they read and couldn’t understand I was giving examples and such. Or its the slight chance to win these silly argument.

I haven’t looked at all of the class changes, but BM hunters talants have been changed mightily. I know for sure there wasn’t a big outcry because Hunters are so powerful. Anyway, I am not looking as forward to TWW the more I find out about all the changes.

5 Likes

You did. Reread what was said.

See the point of quoting someone with full context is so words aren’t twisted.
Can you quote me where I twisted someones words?
Pointing out someone’s misinterpretation is a valid reason to post. But then again, you’ve been replying to me just to argue as well… so… contradicting yourself much?

Tbh I could care less one way or another. Requirements are silly easy and essentially nonexistent.
I rarely tbc fly since the owl came out with the 6 month sub.

And I’m all for making it easier on people, I just don’t like when things are misconstrued and such. Which is why I’ll keep directly quoting what was said vs what people wish was said.

Then stop campaigning against steady flight. It really helps people with disabilities and those that get motion sickness with Skyriding. Holy :poop:!

7 Likes

Please quote me where I said something once that I was against it. I’ll wait.

Ooooooh wait! We already did this dance 2, 3, maybe 4 times now and you haven’t been able to provide a single quote.
You are a broken record.

Yea and? When did I say otherwise?

Please give it a break and let people enjoy the game. Please

4 Likes

Still waiting.

Everyone is free to enjoy the game however they please. How does us posting on the forums have any effect on that?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t really get how you think thats an answer?

Can you explain in a way that addresses what was said?

1 Like