Steady Flying

All 3 were only really good in the back half TBH.

WTF are you responding to me for? That quote was directed at another winner in this thread not you genius.

…and I thought I was blessed to be ignored by you?

2 Likes

Yeah man. It’s literally part of the “Evergreen Features” section of the FAQ about TWW.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was an accessibility feature or missquote Ion. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

You just did this to me.

1 Like

I don’t care to guess at why Blizzard is holding to this concept.

Far as I can see flying is available from day one for dragonflying and not available for regular flying. They’ve made the regular flying require you to go through the story and explore a little which is trivial. So why not both having it is all I keep thinking? Whats the difference? Whats the purpose?

Maybe Blizzard has a good reason but until they speak it I can’t see it.

That seems odd… far as I know its working on the PTR and its run fine for every other expansion… Just feels like an arbitrary desire of Blizzards to me. But I’m not them so I can’t really say that for sure. I don’t see the point of locking it off at all though.

6 Likes

I never quoted anyone, or did any of the things you mentioned. And you are splitting hairs about Ion and what he said about tbc flying. He did not explicitly say it was an intended accessibility feature. But he did acknowledge it was helpful to those with accessibility issues in the game.

4 Likes

BlizZard has a big ego and can’t admit that DR is not a hit with their player base. The data isn’t backing it up so they are holding out hoping they can convert people to DR.

Honestly? That is pretty delusional. Just like sticking to their covenant restrictions in systemlands.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

If you look almost everywhere except the forums, it’s a hit.

3 Likes

Those expansions were considered only decent when they lifted the Azerite armor restrictions, covenant restictions and legendary drop rates.

In other words BlizZard could have easy wins but they went with big fat L’s. Same thing is happening with TWW.

Well we know for sure you didn’t play any of those expansions.

On MMO champ it went from 70% support down to 45% support in polls over a course of a year.

That is why Blizzard is still keeping restrictions on TBC normal flying. They are desperate to convert people to DR aka dynamic flying aka SR aka whatever they call it next month due to poor marketing team incentives.

5 Likes

LMAO using MMOC for a poll. That site is dead.

2 Likes

Let me add that BlizZard has a big ego thinking the main detractor for people not to like DR is because they can not use their favorite mounts.

So BlizZard’s solution is to make DR available for all or most mounts. What they failed to take into consideration is that players do not play in a linear way like BlizZard projects.

In fact most players play in a very dynamic way with how they use travel systems, portals, flying, gliding, etc.

The truth of the matters is that BlizZard is going to cause more people to side with TBC normal flying by having so many restrictions and trying to goad people to stick with DR.

They can attach as many poison pills as they want to TBC normal flying but people are not going to buy it.

2 Likes

Yeah isn’t interesting of late blizzard keeps changing the name of Dragon Flying…there has been what in last 6 months 3 or 4 name changes too Dragon Flying…they are doing that too throw players off and confuse them…

3 Likes

When players push back against something BlizZard will push back with incentives without realizing it is a losing proposition.

Even when DR is no strings attached and now has many mounts available for use a good chunk of the playerbase are going to stick with TBC normal flying.

And that has BlizZard terrifed.

It happens all the time when BlizZard nerfs a talent 1, 2, or 3 times but the player base still picks the talent. Sometimes they don’t understand that convenience and speed isn’t everything. Sometimes the players will pick a talent because it offers quality of life over potency.

I had 5K to drop back during TBC and even had enough gold to help out a close friend back then and gave her 5K of gold to get her flying…and no I didn’t buy gold either I worked for it doing mining and skinning for weeks…back then you could makes good amounts of gold cause your realm didn’t share its dang AH with 200 other realms back then…you just had to work for it.

3 Likes

This is because it is not sticking.

It could be argued that they started with DR but decided to expand the system. But they chose dynamic riding but players were not receptive to that. So now they are trying sky riding trying to make it seem more uplifting of a term. Calling TBC normal flying steady is supposed to make it sound more boring. But in reality it has backfired because steady flying is more balanced and stable if they continue to make small maps like the old world maps.

DR is hard to balance on small maps and the stress it puts on servers and how it disrupts small map design. They nerfed the speeds of DR to be the same as old world maps in TWW because it was unbalanced. Maybe DR is balanced now but maybe it needs more tuning down to be balanced on smaller maps. Who knows?

What many people fail to realize is that portals were always faster than TBC normal flying. Same with flight whistles and hearthstone. But the truth is that TBC normal flying offers a degree of freedom for exploration that is precise and it is still unmatched an unrivaled.

2 Likes

I did as well but not the moment I dinged 70.

Plus he says he was a new player on the most aggressive PVP server in the game not some Vanilla vet who may have stockpiled some Gold. Even then 5K was a lot.

Thorium ore mining was very lucrative back then, because the old world maps were only traversed by foot and by ground mount. That is where having stealth came in handy in areas that had a lot of mobs.

Old world maps for herbs and ores were still selling good well into WotLK too because there was even less competition for those locations.

2 Likes

No its not I had 5K to get my flying in TBC when I made lvl 70…and even had enough gold to help a close friend with flying…some of us were not lazy and worked to get the gold up…I mined and skinned and made a ton of gold…see back then our AH wasn’t shared with 200 AH with huge price cutting you see now…if you couldn’t make 5k you were lazy then.

1 Like

I hope it helps you understand!