Steady Flying

I really don’t see the point in restricting it at all. Especially if the requirements are so low to unlock it…

It seems entirely needless. Just let people choose which to use.

9 Likes

They did but I am merely making an educated guess that there is a chance they do it again. I mean look at the recent changes to removing extra melee range for melee or the healing/tank changes.

BlizZard is pulling back a lot of the changes from the last few expansions heading into TWW.

Which is very odd they would choose to gate TBC normal flying though…

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

Thats where we just start theorizing that its solely about ego and obstinance.
I mean, I want to give ion the benefit of the doubt here, but trivializing PF this much but continuing to keep it alive…nothing else fits unless we’re saying its out of spite.

1 Like

And I just said, and have said numerous times, that they should just gate DR behind the campaign unlock the same as Steady Flight, because that would be fair.

Again, the conversation was about whether or not steady flight was being phased out.

I say that view makes no sense, considering they said steady flight is an accessibility option relative to dragon riding, and they reduced the time it takes to access steady flight by 6-9 months, compared to Dragonflight, and every other expansion going back a decade to WoD.

1 Like

Yea… in terms of tbc, that is life savings and then some lol.

1 Like

The problem is they are skating that fine line just enough to not get in trouble.
I report them frequently and nothing ever happens.

1 Like

The laughable hypocrisy of some here is off the meter lol

on to this…

I think if theyre making TWW landmasses smaller than DF, yeah, maybe they’ll slow it down like old world content.

But about the point where DRing is only 20% or so faster than old flight, it’ll pretty much nullify DRings usefulness entirely. Thats not enough extra speed to justify the extra work and having to pay attention with DRing.
If its that close, Im not going to use DRing…and Im one that enjoys it. But if I can use old flight and AFK hover when I need to…sure, I’ll just use steady flight.

Hopefully they figure that out, otherwise DRing could certainly lose its appeal with a lot of players who like it.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%

It just occurred to me that maybe the reason they’re gating Steadyflight behind another 2-3 week long Pathfinderer is because it won’t be ready to use on day one? If that’s the case, I wish they would be honest and tell us the real reason. I personally would be happy to just wait to start the expansion until they turn it on. I just don’t enjoy being disrespected, or being forced to be grounded and required to fight thru throngs of mobs for weeks - that’s NOT my idea of FUN!

I would really like to know the reason WHY they are doing this because as it stands it’s not a good optic for game management at Blizzard.

5 Likes

I do not like this take because its cherry picking.
Its also viewed as a thing for people to hover or do not like dragonriding.

Any time someone quotes ion on that, they conveniently leave out the rest of the quote.
He was literally rambling out a list of reasons people use it. Not something they intended.

Accessibility is an unintended side effect. But so is afking in the air or personal preference of dynamic vs tbc.

Or better yet: get rid of Pahfinder period.

9 Likes

TWW DR speeds are right now the same as old world speeds. And they bumped up the speed of TBC normal flying.

That is what I am saying…be careful what you wish for when it comes to BlizZard. What happens if they normalize DR to be the same speed as TBC normal flying or it is slightly faster?

This is why gating TBC flying doesn’t make sense. TBC normal flying is perfectly balanced for the TWW smaller maps as it is not that fast. They had to nerf DR speeds to be more balanced for the TWW maps.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

6 Likes

What exactly are you arging for? Anything? Or are you just here to be contrary to other’s opinions. Expanding Ion’s comment just shows there are multiple reasons to keep steady flying. And why it makes no sense to have it gated.

4 Likes

My point is that they didn’t say it is an accessibility feature like so many are insinuating or claiming.

That is all.

Its not an opinion if you are quoting someone out of context and/or twisting it to fit your argument.
Citing someone for xyz, you are turning opinion into fact.

1 Like

He admits it’s a game feature that offers accessibly to people.

3 Likes

Attention. Literally the ONLY reason that pack is in here. lol.

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:
Exactly. the best way for them to get attention is just to say the opposite of what youre saying.
Dont feed them, they starve and move along.

LMAO.
Only the cluless and someone with an agenda could have missed the CLEAR statement that steady flight is for accessability.
see my post above.
you could say “blue” in here and they’ll say “yellow” just to disagree with you…even if its IRRELEVANT lmao

1 Like

That is correct. But people here are saying it is an accessibility feature, not that it can be used FOR accessibility.

The difference is important.

1 Like

It doesn’t have rep attached which works for me. Ill play the game and do the main story anyway. It’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

You are a square peg goes in the round hole kind of person.

He clearly didn’t say that is its intended purpose.

“I know Ive been refuted…let the semantics games begin” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like