Steady Flying

And? What does that have to do with you lying that you had epic flying right when you hit 70?

You also needed regular flying to do the TK dungeons but Epic flying was a luxury few could afford.

1 Like

I started playing late TBC not early. Pay attention!

Back to the thread at hand. TBC normal flying should not be gated because it is integral for a lot of players play session beyond just a questing experience but also for gathering professions or being able to navigate the world.

That is the truth!

:thinking:

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

Theyre clearly lost in the past here lmao.
What happened 20 years ago…10 years ago…5 years ago…is IRRELEVANT.
We dont have Northrend flight anymore.
We dont pay to get fast flight anymore.
We dont do pathfinder for flight on day one anymore

The attentiontrolls are just gonna have to come to terms with the FACT that this ISNT the game it was years ago and cope.

The ONLY issue HERE TODAY is having to do PF for old flight
EVERYTHING ELSE IS IRRELEVANT.

2 Likes

lol that doesn’t change anything

How about tell us blizz will be lowering the speed of Sky Riding again or one of your other nonsense statements.

Technically, you could have been warlock summoned up there, but practically speaking, agreed.

It already happened so DR speed may be reduced again. Be carefully what you wish for with BlizZard. You give them an inch they will take the mile. That is where the phrase the BlizZard rug pull comes from.

They are infamous for fumbling before entering the endzone (eg see Covenants, Azerite armor, etc).

:thinking:

2 Likes

So why are they making an extra step for that ability?

1 Like

LMAO right on queue.

You are welcome.

May TBC flying live forever.

2 Likes

I have no idea, but if you actually address what you quoted in the context of the conversation, steady flight is now available 6-9 months sooner than it has been at any point in the past decade.

That surely speaks to keeping it around, vs trying to phase it out, right?

Why do people keep ignoring that part?

1 Like

I never said they were phasing it out. Just making it extra steps.

1 Like

lmao…didnt they already slow it down for old world content because of the map sizes?
REALLY hard to take these folks seriously in here.

Yeah, I dont think its going anywhere…at least not until Ion and crew come up with a viable alternative. Maybe some new DRing talent that could mimick old flight or something similar.

Ion admitting that steady flight is there for accessibility is the end of this discussion…literallly other than the Pathfinder issue…and he already has conceded MONTHS of ground on that in TWW versus DF where it was much longer to get.

I appreciate his making it so much easier to get.
I just wish he understood how bad it makes him look to even have PF for the ‘accessibility’ flight while dishing out the other version for nothing.

That’s because you’re not the person I was having a conversation with. They were talking about supposedly phasing out TBC flying.

That is the context of the conversation I was referring to.

This part is what I was referring to. Why make extra steps for those who need this option?

2 Likes

Wow, that is a remarkable coincidence…

That is exactly what I want to know. It makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

It was one of the largest servers and the main world PVP server so not really that odd.

My Guild had the server first kill of Heroic Lich King 25.

And I said I don’t know. Gate DR behind the campaign to make it fair.

That point aside, the conversation you jumped into was about whether or not they were trying to “phase out” steady flight.

They said steady flight is an accessibility option. Why would they say this if they were looking to phase it out?

Doesn’t make sense right?

What they did was reduce the time to access steady flight by 6-9 months, an improvement, when compared to any expansion in the past 10 years.

1 Like

Because it makes no sense. Steady flight has been identified as being a disability asset. It’s just one way of flying. Skyriding is the other. They should be treated the same. It’s pathfinder that needs to walk off into the sunset and die.

6 Likes