Steady Flying

Part of the design of encounters like Tindral and The Dawnbreaker is testing your skill in sky riding so that wouldn’t work.

And this is why I think it’s a mistake to keep steady flght. Every time blizz puts sky riding into an encounter we’ll get threads like this.

Keep sky swimming for anyone who wants to herp deep around the map but please don’t limit encounter design.

If we must have flight in the game I very much prefer dynamic flight because it’s engaging and interactive.

That said, I would rather Blizzard didn’t have flying in instanced pve content. It just doesn’t excite me at all.

Dragon races are fun, but I do those when I want to fly and beat a previous record. I don’t raid much anymore, but Nokhud is one of my least favorite dungeons because of flying.

I dont have any issue with controlling a dynamic flying mount, I just don’t feel it’s needed in instanced pve.

2 Likes

Meh. I wouldn’t want it all the time but one dungeon or raid encounter is fine. It shakes things up

Agreed it’s not the end of the world. Very low on the list of “issues” for me.

1 Like

The only one trolling for attention is you.
You’ve said you’ve ignored me how many times now? Yet keep replying and instigating replies?
Aaaaand if we take a look at top posters…
YOU at 221. Next person is at 120.
This isn’t even your topic.

Like come off it :joy:

I do. He said it in plain english. Y’all are the ones that can’t accept basic english or definitions and twist things to fit your weird agenda :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

Blizzard had nerf the Pathfinder requirements significantly. I don’t think blizzard is seeing any data that supports your claims.

For now. But it’s clearly being put in the background.
That’s why I said “at the very least way less focus”.
I’m also basing this assumption on “this is what flying is now” in that very same panel.

Some of these replies are insane to me.

Like /ignored but they keep coming back for more and instigating lol.

That’s not what was said and I don’t know how you could get THAT conclusion by what was said. That is what we call cherry picking.

There is no indication they are phasing out steady flight. If that were the case it would continue to be a 6-9 month pathfinder wait, and not identified in public statements as an accessibility option.

I’m just not understanding the doom and gloom perspective that some people seem to share here. It seems misplaced, imo.

It wasn’t a doom and gloom comment.
It was just an observation and assumption based on what ion said on stage.

“This is what flying is now” - ending his topic on dynamic flying.
You’re reading too much into my observation.

I’m not “reading into” your observation. I’m replying directly to your statement that they seem to be phasing out flight. Which is a negative or pessimistic viewpoint.

I’m just offering that this viewpoint seems to be misplaced, for the reasons noted previously.

1 Like

Which is why I ended that statement with another alternative, but you got stuck on the phasing out bit.

This is the full statement:

Not seeing another alternative offered here. You seem pretty dead set on a negative or pessimistic view.

2 Likes

Pointing out things that were said, doesnt make me negative.

Do I need also need to point out new players have dr by default and will unlock gylphs passively as they level?
As far as we know, bc will still be locked behind pathfinder on dragonisles.
Its locked behind a pathfinder in tww no matter how trivial it is.

Then saying “this is what flying is now”.
After talking about dynamic for 2 minutes and mentioning pathfinder with a look on his face.
I guess how dare I make an assumption based on what is being done and said…

1 Like

I agree that pointing out things that were said doesn’t make you negative. That would make you a stenographer.

It is your conclusions about those things, namely that “they are phasing out flight” that are pessimistic.

New players are in the exact same boat as veterans in TWW. Once the “Pathfinder” requirements are met, players will unlock steady flight in TWW zones on their entire account.

I think you’re reading into “the look on his face” the way you want to, to reinforce your current beliefs.

I had both forms of flying as a new player starting in late TBC all by the time I reached level cap.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

So you bought gold is what you’re saying since I doubt you had 5k to drop on epic flying right when you hit 70 in tbc.

2 Likes

That, or they spent a lot of time in the city playing the AH or lockpicking for tips or whatever, rather than gaining xp.

1 Like

lol that’s a lot of tips for that era

2 Likes

yeah…I wouldnt expect too much logic or reason from ones who are just trolling to get attention.

something blizzard tells us to do here. That sort has ZERO authority to say otherwise.

1 Like

Yep. Clearly they are either lying, or omitting key information.

A new player wouldn’t have anywhere close to 5k gold before reaching max level back then.

And that’s after buying epic ground speed and then pokey flying first.

2 Likes