Steady Flying

That makes no sense to me because the way it is now, in order for someone to use “steady flight” they MUST engage in the game MORE than someone who is only going to use drafonflight. I see see no reason AT ALL to lock one form of flight behind Pathfinder and not the other. it’s just not right.

3 Likes

It is not about how long do you take but that TBC flying has no consequences or risks.

You fly high, click auto-run, wait to get it there.

I think having to put some effort to get the effortless flying is acceptable.

1 Like

Whomever uses Dragonriding is engaging with the game all the time, every single time they fly.

Steady flight has so much advantages including AUTO PILOT and staying in the air for infinite hours.

2 Likes

I cannot imagine any number of people are going to not complete the leveling campaign. If someone doesn’t do the leveling campaign, they won’t unlock World Quests if it is anything like Dragonflight, so they won’t have anything to use Skyriding to fly too.

It’s not that deep mate.

A great toy once said “Its falling with style.”

1 Like

There is a reason why steady flight is gated because it has so much advantages that it will ruin everything that they have worked for. Dragonflight expansion made pretty big mistake for not allowing players to traverse the zones via ground atleast now in TWW is ground mount friendly.

Atleast this time around and in dragonflight content both pathfinder only requires story and exploration not that hard nor deep to understand nor is it rocket science.

Skyriding also ruins everything they worked for cause your going Mach 1 speed. All that art the art team worked on designing the zone and your skyrider zipping across the zone going 1000 miles per hour.

“Did you see that nice looking tree?”
“Uuuhh what tree? I was going too fast couldn’t see it.”

BOTH FLIGHTS RUIN THE GAME. If you want to apply the game ruining logic.

4 Likes

Neither flight ruins the game. Blizzard dislikes steady flight being completely non-interactive, since you travel in a straight line through the air or hover in place without input. Skyriding is dynamic and requires the player to interact with the game whilst using it.

1 Like

It’s not freaking that fast TWW zones will have you slower than say on the dragon isles.

Yea this sounds like a broken record now. What about people with handicaps that find Skyriding little difficult to use? Or people with motion sickness. Or how about people who don’t like Skyriding?

We going to toss them under the bus and tell them “Deal with it.”?

4 Likes

They can TRAVEL VIA THE FREAKING GROUND

how many more times I have to repeat this

The new zones are FRIENDLY TOWARDS GROUND MOUNT NOW

And also the QUESTS have ASISST MODE ENABLED

3 Likes

If you don’t like skyriding, don’t use it. You can complete pathfinder without flying, the skyriding-based quests in the campaign have had steady flight options added.

I’m purposely going to boycott Skyriding cause of favoritism. Locking one and not the other. Ether both should be locked or both open.

Cause both flight modes is cheat mode if you want to apply this ruining the game logic.

1 Like

You are directly ignoring my comment. When I explicitly stated that the new zones in TWW are ground mount friendly and so you can stay on the ground without touching neither flying to travel from point A TO C

1 Like

I 1000% agree. Having to go to a main city to toggle steady flying then back to dynamic flying then back to steady flying breaks the game play experience. It provides nothing good to the game. We need the toggle straight out the gates.

1 Like

Okay.

No.

Also no.

Main city? That doesn’t sound right.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE IN A CITY TO DO THAT!

You can TOGGLE between the two DIFFERENT MODES ANYWHERE YOU LIKE!

LIKE OMG!!

1 Like

Right you can use it whenever you’re able to complete the requirements, whenever that is. I would like all flight available at the same time, without requirements.

6 Likes

Pathfinder then vs now I would prefer this pathfinder more because it only ask you to do exploration and just the leveling story and that’s it. Versus, the previous versions of the same thing where it ask you to rep grind and or hunt for treasures or do this and that just to get normal flying. Then, I was like you know what I am going to stay on the ground. It wasn’t until shadowlands they removed pathfinder requirements for those expansions requirements.