Steady Flying

We can discuss that when all of you drama janes stop associating everyone who doesn’t subscribe to your crying as hating a certain group of people which is ONLY being used now out of desperation to force a way that you want it.

Quit whining and do it.

Arachnophobia setting exists so that is why it is fair game to discuss.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

I agree, and I wish they never increased the speed of TBC flying, or at least give us an OPTION if we want to go faster. As it is now with faster speeds, it’s MUCH more nauseating for me, and it induces anxiety. Neither are the kind of sensations you want from your “entertainment”. Also, with the new faster speed I notice that my mount fights against me when I’m trying pan downwards to land, or avoid collision. Basically, they have mucked up the old way of flying anyway possibly, and I believe the reason is to weed out people like me. Shame on you Blizzard!

If flying was just some trivial accessory to the game I wouldn’t care but it’s a VITAL aspect of the game that one cannot selectively choose to not use.

3 Likes

A large chunk of players do world content and I don’t believe the hype about players doing end game instances content as being the “majority”.

Just look at completions of M+, rated arenas and heroic/mythic raiding as a clue.

It is a giant bluff from the devs when we know the masses of players play WoW casually below level cap and even at level cap they are more casual and don’t bother with end game systems like rated PVP, M+ and raiding.

3 Likes

You are correct - time adds up!

Also, its time AND the annoyance of NEEDING to switch flight forms now, when just a couple weeks ago the flight form was tied to what ever mount you’re using. I didn’t see anyone complaining that they couldnt dragon fly their old static mounts, unless I missed that discussion?

That’s the thing about this new development team, they seem to love putting in tiny annoyances, tiny irritations, tiny aggressions which is making WOW more irritating to play. That’s not the direction a game design should go if they want to keep making money.

2 Likes

Micro aggressions is the new approach to gaming but WoW is a MMORPG and not an action RPG or mobile game.

2 Likes

Maybe someone needs to send a memo to the development department reminding them that this is an MMO, and they need to start including ALL players in the design elements.

4 Likes

and maybe some players need to see it is impossible to include all players, best they can do is 99.999999999999999999999…%

Maybe some people need to realize they aren’t so darn special outside of their own mama’s eyes.

or outside their own eyes

1 Like

Just confirming you are only here to stir the pot?

2 Likes

That is true.

Narrow design choices like forcing people to do PF to just unlock TBC normal flying but at the same time hand DR out like it is candy during Halloween.

3 Likes

And changing models doesn’t impact game mechanics, killing a spider vs killing a crab plays the same way. The two flight forms are mechanically different. So bad example if you were trying to be honest.

Yeah, this one doesn’t make too much sense, nothing wrong with being able to tag specific mounts as using the other system than the main one you use (wouldn’t want to have to label each mount individually for the type I’d use the most) or an instant/near instant cast that just can’t be used while moving if that’s something they’re concerned about.

Not really.

How does TBC normal flying impact your game experience if it helps someone with motion sickness?

How does arachnophobia impact your game experience if it help someone with the fear of spiders?

The lack of consistency is why people will call out BlizZard for being a bully on this issue.

BlizZArd took an easy win and turned it into a loss.

They fumbled before even trying to enter the endzone.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

That AND it seems like 80% of the game is centered around group content, and the rest of us who don’t want to (or cant) do group content get the crumbs. I don’t know what percentage of players do group content but I would be shocked if it were more than 50ish percent. I just feel like they could give a crud about players who don’t raid or do M+. That’s my impression anyways. Back in the old days (up to WoD) the game just felt more inclusive and friendly, I miss that a lot.

1 Like

It’s mechanically different from normal flying, it doesn’t really effect other people, but it does change the game experience for the person using it, and the devs feel they’d like you to experience the quests once before you get that version of flight.

It doesn’t. It also doesn’t really change the way the person who turns it on interacts with the game, the mobs behave the exact same way just with a different skin.

you out for making bad arguments.

That doesn’t make sense because how does flying over content with DR be any different than TBC normal flying?

That is a change for the person playing as their fear is not hindering them. Just like TBC normal flying means they can play the game unhindered too.,

Nice try but you failed with your narrative again.

4 Likes

that individual would actually like customers that don’t do mythic or raids to just quit and go away.

1 Like

Ironically M+ is being gated and nerfed to prop raiding.

Sounds familiar?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Just curious - why do you care if someone gets steady flying or not?
What difference could this possibly make to you?

3 Likes