Steady Flying

Or 68 with a druid and only having to spend a couple gold to get it (thus letting my horrible at gold farming butt afford it)

I don’t know if the flight speed is a problem, it’s the way you can drop into a quest area with complete control at any point, or if you’re a druid, just hovering over a quest item and using it without landing (which I’m still amazed that they haven’t removed ever)

Wait, we can already steady fly now… they going to take it away and req you to do the quests? really ?

Dropping in to the area with precision is for sure the main issue. My point about flight speed was that it was common for people to just stay using their ground mount way more back then vs today.

Remember that the mindset was fairly ground oriented after playing vanilla. We used to spend lots of time in EK and Kalimdor as well working on this or that where there was no flying.

And if you got 280% speed on your main, chances were pretty high that you didn’t also immediately have that on your alts, as the barrier to entry was 5k gold each character.

By Cata / MoP the mindset had for sure shifted to flying being the “default”.

Ok and what’s the big deal? Got date to go somewhere?

The game is not revolve around you.

Not really once you get to 2nd zone and have flight path unlock.

Never said I was, but if known blizzard, they won’t change pathfinder just because few folks on demands it. This is their compromise take it or leave it.

Its really not a good feedback especially when you keep calling them “BlizZard”.

Congratulation, you just figure out what is videogame’s purposes. I mean seriously, why are you are in rush?

I just use Aerial Halt when I don’t want to just crash into the ground and need to land somewhere tight.

1 Like

That’s for sure the intended way to do it, though I usually just try to slam face first into the ground lol. If I need to click a thing on a tree branch I’ll usually slow glide and pitch up to the thing and come in slow. It might take me a few tries though.

But I’m a weirdo who really liked figuring out how to do the “jumping puzzles” in Warlords Nagrand. So I don’t mind the trial and error to learn how to improve and get it done.

1 Like

Back in TBC Druids got a quest line to do to get flying at 68.

1 Like

Yes.

Once many players learn the truth they will provide feedback on forums. But we are ready for them.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

My date is with the forums. You will be seeing me here for a while.

I never said it did but obviously not for anyone else either.

Most people start with the first zone so thanks for proving my point.

They have changed things many times regardless of what narrative you weave.

It is their logo and they own it. So yes it is BlizZard until Microsoft changes it for them.

if that is the case then early access should not exist. Give people their money back and other rebates.

The Customer is always right.

That concludes the education lesson for today. Thank you!

Cheers!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

We can not settle for less or compromise anymore.

This is why pathfinder must go. Players have done more "compromising’ than the devs. It is now the devs turn to offer the olive branch.

:herb: :herb: :herb:

3 Likes

That is what I said, although I don’t think it was a quest, you just learned it from the class trainer. Now, the epic flying form that had an amazing quest, although I was never able to afford that until the end of wrath.

We can and we must accept the game the way it is designed. Your choice is to play or not play. Enough people chose “not play” to prevent them from removing flying altogether. I can’t see that happening again when flying is in the best state ever.

If that is true, then the ones asking for steady flight to be even faster are right as well. Oh, wait, you don’t want that do you? If they can be wrong, so can you unless what you mean to say is “the customers that agree with me/want what I want are right:”.

So here is my “compromise”, PF removed from being required for steady flight, it is not used to unlock even faster speeds, those that don’t want to do pathfinder to get steady flight don’t have to do it, but those that wind up getting pathfinder anyway are potentially screwed unless it is a choice of speeds for steady flight.

Be careful what you wish for, beware the monkey paw that can make what we have now seem like heaven compared to what we an possibly get if they do as you say.

Quit whining and do pathfinder and get it over with OR use the flight paths/ground mounts…

Not we will not accept the current design.

The Rogue community is not accepting the design of Rogues in TWW as it is sub par and BlizZard can, will and should do better.

1 Like

So your quite happy that Disabled players are being treated like second class citizens of Azeroth now…wow…

3 Likes

Brick by brick, post by post and after each word we are learning the truth about our colleagues in the world of warcraft.

This comes as no surprise but let them reveal themselves now so we know their true form and can not hide behind the cloak and dagger of faceless forms that lurk in the obsidian shadows.

4 Likes

I’m quite happy that Pathfinder is simple and to the point by playing the game to unlock it. YOU are the one considering YOURSELF as a second class citizen…of Azeroth. Your “pity me” routine has fallen flat. If you don’t respect yourself, no one here is. That’s on YOU.

Quit whining and do it.

3 Likes

She seems to ignore the idea that a lot of issues with disabilities are mental. One can always work within the disability to get what they want done, they can post problems they have but they are still trying to get things done,

A few of those against her statements, myself included, are disabled, some physically, yet we are not the ones whining about it. In return, her “second class citizen” argument can be turned on her for how shy is treating those that disagree with her, there is a reason I have started calling her the “queen of the hypocrites”

People are allowed to feel a certain way. Telling people how they feel playing WoW makes no sense as it is 100% subjective.

2 Likes