Steady Flying

OG devs are the best when it comes to flying. That is why most MMORPG copied the TBC normal flying version.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

Did they though?

I mean, I haven’t played a ton of them, but it seems no flying at all is more common.

Don’t forget, there are different “cheat” modes. Like TBC flight is one that makes the game boring and such (think invincibility code in a game where you can only die by running out of health).

I don’t mind cheats that complement the skills I have, or let me “YOLO”, but I still prefer at least some challenge.

winning is fun…

Flying is more common now in all MMORPG thanks to TBC devs introducing flying. Everyone else ran to copy cat WoW popular flying system since then.

Only other game that had full fledged flying at release around that time was City of Heroes!

1 Like

Up to a certain point yeah, but you can suck the fun out of something with cheats if you always have them on as it basically just becomes a chore after a certain point, no challenge no thought behind it, just going through the motions. Cheats for a lot of times work better as an occasional thing, like you just did a section of a game that you struggled with it’s fun once you’re done to load that back up with a fully leveled character or with cheats on and just wipe the floor with them a few times.

How many went with the lazy dev flying versus something with some effort put into it? I mean, I know everyone brings up GW2 as having SR type flying before wow did.

I play AoE 1 with cheats all the time…

wasn’t talking about wow but rather seeing blizz back down off their high horse.

These absolute statements are obviously wrong and posting the does not support your cause.

I’m mad because Skyriding gives me motion sickness

1 Like

I believe it’s more than just throwing mud. They still want to remove steady flight from the game.

3 Likes

Same can be said for the ones that make the same style of statements on the anti-PF side.

Which is a reasonable complaint, but you are not letting your anger affect your feedback

I can see the throwing mud, but I also wonder if some players are not throwing it back (never mind the mud that has been thrown between players)

Will likely never happen without massive blow back unless they can get skyriding done just right so there is no doubt that it is supreme in all instances.

4 Likes

I completely agree. Waste of time

2 Likes

That ship sailed when they saw how many people were switching between DR and TBC normal flying at the tail end of Dragonflight expansion.

At this point what is happening is a last ditch attempt to “convince” people to use DR over TBC normal flying which is not going as they planned lol.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

9 Likes

I hope you are right. I would like PF removed, but if not, continue to make it fast and easy

1 Like

Are you just mad about something else? You have no argument here, just attacking people that disagree with your point. You have nothing of substance here to add to the conversation.

So Moused, you are worth ignoring. Not unless you plan to actually contribute and stop with the attacks. Just nature’s you look like a troll.

What is Dragon Flying better at? World PvP is less effected outside of net mechanics. You can actually chase someone down. I know it’s a little niche, but steady flight is worse for world PvP.

It’s way more interactive than steady flight.

Both can afk fly, but one needs you at a high vantage point to start.

Dragon Flying is straight faster, especially once you understand how it works. Took me less than an afternoon to figure out.

Care to explain why you don’t like it in one post? Please, go ahead.

1 Like

I agree. Although i have no issues with dragonriding, i can imagine how annoying it would be for people (especially with eyesight issues) that would find it a challenge. It is kinda dumb.

4 Likes

A certain Blizzard person doesn’t care about those with bad eyesight trying to enjoy a game they love all they care about is standing ovation they get from the white knights of the game now.

5 Likes

My favorite is telling us we should be happy with the bread crumbs.

“It is only five seconds to toggle switch not a big deal”

“PF is quick to complete”

“TWW is ground mount friendly”

All lies designed to gas light people into compliance and silence.

We will not be silenced.

6 Likes

You must be new to this subject.

3 Likes

It PF is trivial and superfluous then why should it exist? Remove pATHFINDER and end the dark decade of WoW.

7 Likes