Steady Flying

Your miss quoting what I said …it wasn’t the flying that allowed you to stay mounted it was the learning of certain part of Mining that did that now…same goes for herbing…don’t miss quote a person.

Sure, just need to limit it to Skyriding.

TBC air swimming needs to remain untouched by the taint of progress.
Need to remains slow and helpful for accessibility.

There is literally zero reason to lock steady flight behind anything. It’s not advantageous to anything at all. So you can go afk in flight. Big deal. Doesn’t hurt anything or anyone else. I can fly in circles with skyriding instead of hovering. I don’t get the point of that argument. They already removed pathfinder requirements and I thought we were done with this garbage mechanic. Just let people enjoy the game by flying how they want. Stop trying to force people onto the ground. Flying is part of wow. Even the wow movie had flying. Blizzard is really out of touch with their players. They are always trying to control how we play and its really annoying.

5 Likes

Long live the dreamers!

1 Like

I don’t mind skyriding, I just mind that it makes me ill. The idea is great, my husband loves it, I just don’t agree that only the static stay locked behind pathfinding. Either make both the reward or give static from the start and give another mount or something.

If they can allocate the resources to arachnophobia, then they can keep in the already in game mechanic to keep people from being dizzy/nauseous from the shiny new flying.

5 Likes

I like having the option for both. I just wish though we could select which flying we wanted per mount so that way I can have 1 for the normal way and one for DF way. It is a pain to keep switching back and forth.

4 Likes

US Army vs US Air Force in the 1960’s summarized.

Most people want to have the choice.

Putting restrictions, and conditions when and where either or can be used makes no logical sense.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

6 Likes

why couldnt the toggle be like this, skyriding for all, and the other toggle flight how it worked pre TWW, only certain mounts did skyriding and the rest BC flight.

That would have made more sense to be honest. Truthfully it seems that hard losses are coming for BlizZard.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

I guess you don’t pay that much attention to the people that played the beta questing. There are maybe 3 quests that you need flying for in any form. If you are bothered by skyriding, have motion sickness, or just don’t like it, you don’t have to use it that much.

I don’t see the point in your last statement. Blizzard will only lose a drop in the bucket of people that just like steady flying. I myself prefer skyriding because it engages me more with the game. Personal preference and all tat malarkey.

Steady flying isn’t even hard to get back. It’s something like Reknown 4 or something? Of they keep reknown gains relatively the same as during beta, by the end of leveling up and doing minimal side quests, you should be Reknown 3 with the faction that gives it (according to beta).

If it’s about the motion sickness, there are buttons and windows you can click off for the wind and the wooshing sound. I’m also pretty sure someone’s made an addon to do that, also.

On another note, it’s definitely not a surprise that they have kept dragon riding at all. When a new system is implemented, Blizzard keeps using it for a while. I’ll use the mission table as an example. The mission table released in WoD stuck around until Dragonflight!

There was some version or varient of it until Dragonflight. So WoD, Legion, BFA, and finally Shadowlands. 4 expansions that they tried to make it work. First they made it too powerful. Then they nerfed it hard, into the ground.

Here’s alert example: secondary currency earned through dungeons for gear. Badges in Burning Crusade, and then Valor allllll the way until after MoP. And that’s just for PvE. The system for PvP has remained roughly similar besides the blip in BFA.

The toggle switch coupled with PF is really a bridge too far for many players. Like I said one step forward and then three steps back.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

I leveled some new toons and got skyriding at level 10. it was great!

but at 20, I did find myself going back to normal flying because it’s just better for leveling and questing. especially my druid.

don’t care that much but gating flying just seems spiteful as it probably will be trivial to get…

6 Likes

I prefer it. Don’t mind being a little slower, the trade off to hover and pick weeds easily on my druid is worth it.

6 Likes

How… you aren’t being gatekept? Without context, your statement makes no sense, but I realize you meant steadyflying. I’m not sure how being “gatekept” from steady flying for more than, say, a week of you level slowly is that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things UNLESS it’s a medical or mental thing.

it’s trivial why put a gate on normal flying? a week is trivial, what’s the point?

5 Likes

Steady fly is available on day one. D-3 if you have early access.

I don’t think you understand the word gate keeping in WoW that much lol. Would you prefer to go back to not being able to fly until the middle patch? I’d rather not. Any kind of flying from the start is honestly good in my books.

1 Like

The point is those of us who want Steady Flying want to play that content with Steady Flying, not after it is complete.

5 Likes

you got earn it and blizzard is not going give you what you want.