Steady Flying

That is a fair argument because TBC normal flying is just a flip of the switch while arachnophobia filter took a lot more time to make

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

4 Likes

I as a visually impaired player who has played since Vanilla agree with you. I get with dragon flight it was significant but for me it was visually difficult to do. I hope they change this as well. This does not make a person lazy because they do not want to use dynamic flying.

5 Likes

You have to complete the campaign and hit 80 to unlock tbc flight:

“Old school TBC flying, pathfinder style, will not be available right away but will be unlocked shortly after reaching max level with no reputation grind requirements. Just play through the campaign, explore the continent then you can fly that way as well.”

• Ion Hazzikostas

Hope they have made leveling a lot faster…

3 Likes

Ion was probably suggesting about when a player might expect to complete pathfinder.

Being level 80 is not a requirement:

The War Within Pathfinder The War Within Pathfinder - Complete the War Within achievements listed below:
Rewards: Steady Flight in Khaz Algar

• The Isle of Dorn The Isle of Dorn - Complete the main leveling storyline in the Isle of Dorn.

• The Ringing Deeps The Ringing Deeps - Complete the main leveling storyline in the Ringing Deeps.

• Hallowfall Hallowfall - Complete the main leveling storyline in Hallowfall.

• Azj-Kahet Azj-Kahet - Complete the main leveling storyline in Azj-Kahet.

• Khaz Algar Explorer Khaz Algar Explorer - Explore all the regions of Khaz Algar, revealing the map for all the four main zones.

1 Like

You can set your flying mode for all mounts to Steady or dragonriding any time you want.!

Stinks tho if complete in a campaign requires dungeons or raids bc I won’t be able to ever get it

2 Likes

I’ve been here longer than him. sigh

2 Likes

If memory serves 1 dungeon is required, with 4 dwarves, and I think you can use the mount inside the dungeon, but it is not a dungeon with 4 people, more like an instance of one sorta?

We will see what happens with early access but I am afraid that there will be issues encountered.

6 Likes

Meh I’m a weirdo i like riding my ground mounts when exploring new zones/worlds. Lets me wander off on my own and find new and exciting things to make unalive. Sometimes the things i find make me unalive. Personally I am in the camp of lock all forms of flight behind the pathfinder achievement. That way every one has to work for their preferred mode of flight and no one is happy…

1 Like

Jeez why all these people want supersonic flying? I mean you go fast but you miss a lot of content (maybe side quests or towns) and the opportunity to admire the environment around you.

Can you imaging games like Elden ring having super fast mounts? You’ll skip 90% of the content. I guess that’s why people like to pay 60$ to boost chars.

2 Likes

As of RIGHT NOW in PREPATCH you CAN STEADY FLIGHT (TBC FLIGHT) in Dragon Isles WITHOUT PATHFINDER!

I logged into pre patch both my main flying mounts are not getting off the ground unless I switch to steady . One is from BT other is from Cata . only 2 I have tried Toggle is a pain to find in new spell book did not help new spell book covers half my UI .

Bump
Visibility
Bump

Yes it is a pain and it punishes players that want to use DR and TBC normal flying.

4 Likes

Just have to ask, what are your 2 main flying mounts?

can’t play Classic without an regular account is all

Flameward Hippogryph on lock and Cenarion War Hippogryph on Warrior

Both of those can skyride, so I am sensing a bug of some kind or some other issue.

On both would not fly tell I found the switch and changed it go figure .