Steady Flying

Yes, available on day 1, contingent on completing pathfinder. That is correct. I have never suggested otherwise, despite you claiming I did.

If a person is unable to play day 1, and can only start playing day 3, it doesn’t change that the unlock is available day 1.

I’m not trying to “convince” people of anything. This is just what is objectively true.

Really? I have said they should lock both forms of flight behind pathfinder because that would be fair. But thanks for telling me what I want.

That is assuming none of the quests are bugged and people are able to finish the quest chains for the campaign. This is why the OG devs said ding to level cap, pay gold and here is your flight.

They were wiser.

:thinking:

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

IMO, that was a much wiser dev team than what we have now.

2 Likes

If you prefer skyriding, you got what you want.

Yeah was I thinking about this the other day too. Good times.

1 Like

Some people here act like Blizzard should get a prize because there is a chance we can get steady flight on launch of TWW. I’ve said what we want is what is being given to players using skyriding. No, no, no be happy you’ve been given the opportunity. And don’t be concerned about us flying all over with Skyriding.

1 Like

There are bigger problems in TWW than how they are treating TBC normal flying really. But it is just a microcosm of things that are simple fixes that do not need to be turned into another power struggle.

If BlizZard allows for easy wins it gives them time to fix major issues that are not so easy to fix instead of having to deal with it all at launch.

1 Like

Remember blizzards #1 rule: Lie. At the end of SL they promised they would not do Pathfinder anymore… Yet Dragonflight brought it back.

Remember when in doubt, Blizzard lies.

3 Likes

I’m just curious if you’re going to acknowledge misrepresenting what I said (more than once) regarding the need to complete the campaign before unlocking steady flying.

Because I explicitly stated that was the case numerous times.

And your complaint seems to be regarding the two flights not being treated the same. I’ve said Blizzard should gate Dragonriding behind the campaign as well, because that would be fair.

So you’re taking an antagonistic stance towards me for some unknown reason.

And you are one of them

I guarantee you I get motion sickness from Skyriding. The motion sickness setting do help but not eliminate the problem. I can also guarantee I will complete the Pathfinder achievement using ground mounts and my puke bucket when flying looks to save a lot of time.

4 Likes

I don’t challenge you or anyone else that Skyriding may cause motion sickness.

1 Like

Agreed wholeheartedly!!!

But can you complete the campaign now or do you have to wait for months for steps to be added in to ultimately unlock it in 6-8 months?

You can complete the campaign, etc before hitting 80

3 Likes

Good to know, I don’t like spoiling patches and expansions by researching.

1 Like

But you still can’t use Steady Flight…you have to be max level…its a BS pathfinder …

5 Likes

I vote they hurry up and turn on the darn servers.

2 Likes

I honestly like dynamic flight but my head does not. Steady Flight IS an accessibility thing for those who get physically sick from dynamic. I can do it in short bursts but once it gets too fast, no matter what setting I put in, I get sick. If they can put the arachnophobia filter in for people who get icked by spiders, they sure as hell can do the toggle for those that get sick from their newfangled flight.

9 Likes

I don’t see where I misrepresented anyone. I see you’ve mentioned Blizz should lock both forms of flight behind pathfinder. That would make things equal all around. I can deal with that. But I think the better fix is to get rid of pathfinder altogether. So it looks like we are on the same page.

If what is happening today with the prelaunch, the pushing back of the launch, it’s going to make it that much harder for players to unlock steady flght. I would just like to log in that day and play like I normally do, and explore with steady flight. I don’t even want to think about the new dungeons that require skyriding. That is going to suck.

7 Likes