Star Wars Ep 9 is worse than 8, 1 and 2

Just posting it here before going to work

Already bought the tickets? Go watch it drunk (take an uber)

10 Likes

Yup reviews aren’t looking good. One said “it’s the result of a franchise giving up on itself”. That came from a site well known to be a bit of a shill site for movies.

I think with the damage done in the last movie, it was impossible to salvage much. I’ll see it, just to say I saw it. But I can’t see me wanting to see it multiple times like I did other movies in the series.

Sad really, I was once a massive Star Wars fan, now I don’t care so much about it at all.

2 Likes

The Mandalorian is really good
they should just hand the lucasfilm director spot to Dave Filoni and take our money instead of burning lucasfilm down to the ground rly

Probably the worst Star Wars movie ever. I actually left sad by how bad it was.

1 Like

To each his own but I liked it. Better than 7, WAY better than 8.

There are a few weak spots, Rey and Ren’s saber fights looked like they were trying to kill the same fly buzzing around them. To be honest, the trailers gave away too much. You could piece together the movie pretty quick.

Meh… the mandalorian is good. But I wouldn’t say it’s game of thrones good, or above average. Compared to the Star Wars movies, new movies, it’s great.

I enjoy it as light entertainment, but I’m yet to develop any connection to the characters. They’re just so one dimensional, and there is so little dialogue it’s painful at times. I honestly wouldn’t care if baby yoda got deep fried and the mandalorian lost his head.

But as I said, compared to the new Star Wars movies, the mandalorian is amazing. Compared to the originals, it’s crap.

1 Like

Just got back, definitely not a fan. And I liked The Last Jedi (sue me).

2 Likes

I can honestly say I haven’t seen any of the new Star Wars movies.

:cactus:

If I had to describe episode 9 in one sentence it would be:
Hey, you know the concepts of world building and mechanical consistency, let’s just go ahead and rape them to death.

And I have written multiple long posts defending the Holdo maneuver.

1 Like

The amount of hyperbole being tossed around in here is…entirely expected. You can’t have an opinion anymore if you’re not going to dial it up to 9,000 I guess. Something has to be the greatest thing ever conceived in human history or it has to have been guilty of committing rape on my childhood. A thing can’t just be okay anymore.

I thought the movie was just that…okay. I think the entirety of Star Wars is just okay. It’s probably one of the greatest stories ever thought up that has, through nine installments and multiple other entries, never been told by competent story tellers, including George Lucas himself.

SPOILER ALERT

The things I didn’t like:

• the very obvious way they adapted the script to include the Leia footage.
  • abandoning Rose completely so Finn could continue pining for Rey like a lost schoolboy.
  • that kiss.
  • the entire Palpatine angle.

The things I did like:

• Luke, Leia and Han were given worthy send offs.
  • Ben’s entire story.
  • The action was top notch.
  • Cameos that made me go “Wait, was that…no way!”

Said angle made it so that Sidious and Plagueis were just Apprentices that Darth Bane possessed! Said angle that with that and the Tarkin Novel in mind could only be understood by those who read the Darth Vader Comic.

Tarkin Novel said that Palpatine was seeking a way to cheat death confirming his words in Revenge of the Sith.

The Darth Vader Comic showed him discovering a means to cheat death(Lord Momin who possessed his mask) thus explaining how he came back: He possessed his corpse than got his cultists to revive him.

2 Likes

Yep this one does go straight to the bottom tier of the bunch. Its on whole an average movie but a completely disappointing main Star Wars film, let alone an end saga one.

To be fair though a lot of this blame has to be put on The Last Jedi for failing to set up a 3rd film and destroying so many things set up in Force Awakens.

1 Like

Rian Johnson ruined Star Wars on purpose. Killing both Luke and Snoke in TLJ just thrown a monkey wrench in RoS story. Adding Palpatine was a mistake. It made Anakin Skywalker’s redemption was all for nothing and they never explain how did Palpatine came back. his What matter worse Rey isn’t really a well written character she just a mary sue that she can do everything without flaws or training. If Rian Johnson get his trilogy, Star Wars will die off completely. Disney should re think about Star Wars carefully. If keep milking franchise and adding more SJW that also kill this franchise.

2 Likes

It was pretty clear that 7 and 8 were mostly reboots of 4 and 5, designed to cash-in on a younger generation, while also fleecing adults who didn’t know better. If you had any expectations for 9, I just don’t know what to say?

The only good thing about the recent movies is that they redeemed Lucas a bit for 1-3. Those are still meh movies, but at least they showed respect for the IP (except for midichlorians).

2 Likes

Pretty much this is the problem with Rey. Just being a Palpatine shouldn’t make her innately have Knight to low tier Master skills from the get go. Even Anakin it was shown without training was just exceptionally intuitive at reading danger.

Also I find it hard to believe somebody could have been raised by Palpatine and not embraced the benefits of being the family of the Galactic ruler, let alone if they don’t like their father having their daughter take over as his apprentice would have been the perfect way to take him out.

You know, Palpatine ultimately got the last laugh. Anakin’s sacrifice in Return of the Jedi was made pointless with Palpatine’s resurrection, and he still got to rule both as Galactic Emperor and as ruler of the Final Order for nearly 60 years, with his puppet Snoke as Supreme Leader of the First Order. The Dark Side let him live far past his natural life span after accomplishing all his goals given that he’s over 120 years old at death, per the timeline. He outlived or arranged for the deaths of all of his enemies, resulting in both heroic lineages of the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines to be fully extinct, having finally died out with the deaths of Leia and Ben. On the flipside, even after his own final demise Emperor Palpatine’s legacy still lives on through his own bloodline, in spite of his grand-daughter shedding his name - even then, by dying against him her victory comes at the cost of the only person she loved thanks to the Force dyad. His only real “defeat” was that he failed to live forever and ensure a successor, but given all he had already accomplished (again, decades past the end of his natural life) this is fairly minor.

Palpatine may have died, but his legacy and actions will endure in a galaxy far far away and his line has outlived the Skywalkers, who, after all the time they were manipulated and tormented by him, die defeated.

The Skywalker Saga was ended by a Palpatine.

How the hell did Palpatine survived after thrown into death star’s reactor shaft? His body would cease to exist due to high temperature. There no way that he could regenerate his whole body after that. Even King Ghidorah’s regenerate ability from Godzilla: King of the Monsters had some logical sense to it.

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”

That’s all we’ve got to work with.

Ok…So why didn’t Darth Maul regrow his legs after getting cut off by Obi-wan kenobi. Sure Maul’s anger allow to him to survive the fall and able to use to created a spider mech legs but it still he couldn’t regenerate his own legs. Same thing with Vader and his life support suit? Could he able use his Sith power to heal his damage organ and regrow his lost arms and legs? I don’t believe that a sith lord can regenerate from nothing to flesh. If he was a clone and he possessed that I can go with that because he did in the Dark Empire series.