Just saw The Rise of Skywalker, some posters have put SPOILERS in here, be warned

I enjoyed it very much. Best of the 3 new ones by far. Lots of fan service but some surprises too.

Definitely would recommend anyone sitting on the fence after the dumpster fire that was episode 8 The Last Jedi.

It is a shame JJ Abrams didn’t direct all 3 movies. Not a huge JJ Abrams fan personally and i had some serious issues with episode 7, but i think he was the best choice for episode 9. Hopefully Disney learned how important for the story to have directorial continuity all the way through multiple movies.

Probably going to go see it again with my daughter next week. That will be a first for a JJ Abrams movie but i have to admit i really did enjoy it quite a bit. The bar was pretty low after The Last Jedi to make a movie that was better so my expectations were low. In addition i had a hard time getting past my anger just to go see The Rise of Skywalker with an open mind, but i am glad i went and enjoyed myself quite a bit.

Kudos to JJ Abrams, he has rekindled my enthusiasm for the Star Wars Franchise, even if he couldn’t burn/bury remove/undo The Last Jedi. Nicely done by him.

7 Likes

Hello there.

5 Likes

so …who are we meant to believe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have given up on the Star Wars movies. Episode 7 was a boring rehash. Episode 8 assumed I was a complete idiot. Episode 9 could be the best Star Wars movie ever… and I wouldn’t go and see it.

Life is too short.

Mind you, I am looking forward to the final season of The Clone Wars.

9 Likes

This pertains to WoW how?

8 Likes

If you’re not interested, avoid the topic.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it too. Didn’t like Rey being reveled to be the granddaughter to Palpatine (Opps spoilers, but come on do any of you care?), Rey being some random force sensitive nobody what made her more compiling, but it didn’t hurt the character for me. It felt nice how she adopted the Skywalker name with Luke and Leia’s blissing.

Overall, good. Not as great as The Last Jedi but still good.

1 Like

There is a movie section, general discussion is for general WoW discussion.

6 Likes

Sure, but it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

The last Mandalorian, of the season, was super cool!

I guess the next season is in the fall.

1 Like

It’s impressive how the movies are such failures compared to the shows and games at this point.

3 Likes

No spoilers delete this thread at once.

Wait until 2020. I see movie new years eve.

Post in movie forum though not here. I didn’t read thread.

In 2020 then youI allowed to talk about this movie

I would say form your own opinion, i am just sharing mine.

Not the best movie ever in my opinion, but definitely worth seeing in my opinion.
=)

This feels like bait, i’m not biting. To each their own, if you enjoyed The Last Jedi that is your opinion, i just don’t happen to share it.

My favorite part was how Abrams just completely threw Johnson under the bus.

1 Like

One of the scenes got booed by the entire theater when I went to see it.

Not trying bait anyone. Just throwing my opinion out there with some confidence I have in it. One thing I have learned from my brother: is to not give a &#^@ about others opinion but your own and life for you will be better.

1 Like

Without more detail it would be hard to say anything. Certainly there was no booing at all in the viewing i went too. Honestly i was surprised at how packed it was considering it’s been out a week and some of critical reviews it has gotten.

But then again that is why i don’t pay attention to critics or even fan’s and prefer to see for myself before forming an opinion.

Can’t argue with that. I completely agree.

1 Like

I don’t want to spoil it for those who havent seen it.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it yet and am fine with the OP. It’s just a general thumbs up, with no spoilers by him that I can see. I was hedging on seeing this movie, but somewhat grudgingly decided I’d go see it because my sig-O wants to. Now I am less grudging and sort of looking forward to it. (I agree The Last Jedi kinda sucked…)

1 Like

Have you seen how he responded, and continues to respond, to TLJ’s reception? He deserves it at this point.

1 Like