Spy Classic Addon needs to go

I have this addon only because i know others have this addon and i would be in a complete disadvantage if i don’t have it.
After seeing its capabilities out in wpvp, i came to the forums to express how this addon needs to be removed from the game. Devs can figure something out for the combat log not to give out such information to such addons like spy. Programming isnt easy, but im sure they can figure it out without blocking all access to the combat log.

I always enjoy how problematic PvP Servers are. If it’s not people whinging about being ganked or gankers mad that they’re banned for “PvPing” in “Neutral” zones, we have addons that “break” this supposed “immersive” WPvP of the game. There’s always some “issue” regarding PvP Servers. Always.

:rofl:

1 Like

It detects stealth nearby man, so you are warned before the stealth guy can do anything

A smart stealthy would wait till the guy thinks he was overreacting and resumes whatever he was doing before. After he stops hopping around casting arcane explosion ,a good stealthie will then take his shot.
This addon doesn’t gimp stealth classes at all. If anything it helps…

1 Like

Sounds like PvPers getting what they deserve.

I felt a lot of the add ons are cheating. This one is very blatantly cheating.

No, it adds a sensory input that normally isn’t there in the world. I mean if your lame enough to use it fine.

I don’t really give a crap but don’t act like its not giving an advantage. It gives a clear heads up display that regardless if it was used back then, doesn’t mean it has a place now.

well this sounds like something i need for when hunting, er i mean pking, in stv

Shouldnt we then get rid off addons that tell you you are “standing in fire”, or are “the bomb” or even damage meters and decursive? What about healbot or other healing addons?

Blatant lies and misinformation. While it is possible to report locations when a player appears on Spy, it only reports the coords of the player with Spy. It in no way is capable of reporting the enemy players precise location, only that it detected player X within ~100yds of you. That is in no way shape or form even remotely similar to the gm level info you are claiming this addon has access to.

6 Likes

The difference is that functionality is being granted outside of visual game play.
The player it reports does not even have to be on your screen for it to engage, and the fact that it works on players in stealth and invisibility which might I add as a game function removes you from the sight of players.

Fire is visual, bombs are debuffs, debuffs are shown, damage meters are calculated through in game combat logs, mouseover interactions are available through macros.
These are all game functions that every player has access to.

Knowing that a Rogue is stealthed 100 yrds from you behind you off screen in cave behind a rock? Not a function of the game.

3 Likes

Yes it is. It says it in your combat log, with or without the spy addon.

2 Likes

Someone here clearly doesn’t play with their combat log visible, with a filter set to enemy actions only.

Do try to avoid conflating your ignorance with game mechanics that exist.

Edit: And before you go “no one actually did this in vanilla!”, here’s a screenshot of my UI circa 2005:
https://imgur.com/a/fZ0J06D
Please note the combat log pulled out on the bottom left.

3 Likes

I love this addon. I don’t love that it notifies me of enemies on flight paths though. :joy:

4 Likes

Well aware of how it puts in the combat log.
However justifying that seeing a single line of a combat log whilst it’s potentially fast scrolling through dozens of actions and an automated announcement as being the same thing is simply dishonest.

1 Like

Anyone who’s serious about world PVP knows how to do this without the addon.

I just made a topic on this myself. It’s not a good addon and ruins the experience.

Well DPS meters are automatic then because you could look at the combat log and count your own DPS and other people’s DPS so I guess you’re cheating too now

Don’t forget your also cheating any addon like Deadly Boss Mods since you just have to “pay attention to your surroundings”

And don’t say Deadly Boss Mods isn’t anything like spy classic because it is…gives you inform that you have just more convenient

1 Like

Hahaha well said sounds just like how the op sounds

1 Like

this addon should definitely be broken; it’s basically like cheating