Spy Classic Addon needs to go

Yup. It was called “PVP Log”

1 Like

Unless the rogue stealthed while in your range or sprinted , it wont tell you he’s there. Hes got to do something that shows up in the combat log.
And even then it doesn’t tell you where he is.

2 Likes

You know hunters can track humanoids right?

Yes, I am well aware. But do so in the middle of fighting a group of mobs and just only faded/phased into view for a second? I’m talking split hair reaction time with their backs turned.

Just because other people are capable of keeping an eye on their mini map and turning the camera around doesnt mean anything. It coulda been because of spy, or they might just be paying attention to their surroundings.

3 Likes

Why you making it sound like 5 people just suddenly portal to your location?
I can do the same thing the addon does by saying :'Hey, a pally is right here by the yeti cave".
In fact, someone inviting 4 people to a party can give your location instantly also. and they can say " He’s right by me" .
You are being whiney and not putting much thought into this. Everything you complain about can already be done without addons.[quote=“Nagual-smolderweb, post:96, topic:278574, full:true”]
Just because a more powerful version existed doesn’t mean it should exist in the first place because it disrupts the natural flow of the environment and not only in WPVP but in instanced pvp too because there is no way this should be allowed in instanced pvp either.
[/quote]

I wouldnt want to use it for battlegrounds. Too many people in close proximity would make it useless. It would be dinging all the time and you already know a variety of classes are about to whoop up on you.

Seriously, stop whining because you got rolled once…

3 Likes

It doesnt grief or track people… at all. Hunters have tracking., this isnt tracking. It doesnt hold people still so you can grief them.

1 Like

This is nothing like hunter tracking at all. No mini map or dot showing other players. It does not have an arrow pointing you in the right direction.
So many people talking have no idea what this addon does.

5 Likes

It puts targets on my list that are flying by or running/mounted without any activity in the combat log. I don’t even need to be facing that direction for it to blip them in.

You can click on the list and it will target them, doesn’t matter if they are LoS. It will do the /target name with one click.

There’s some neat things like the win/loss and tooltips, but I personally dislike how it can populate the list without touching the combat log, and the instant target.

This is speaking on any class, not just hunters that can see the dot on their minimap.

1 Like

I was in the wetlands yesterday farming spider silk in one of the caves there. This mage who was like 3 or 4 levels lower than me is there as well. She must have been farming as well, so I ran into a corner of the dungeon without spawn to wait out for a bit. I am a druid and went into stealth, level 31, and she was like 26 or 27. As I said, I went into stealth to go afk, and she runs down like 2 levels of the mine, and runs right up to me and starts talking and standing right in front of me. Ya, not cool man.

Just about every world PVP vid I see has players using the addon. It displays player class, level, etc. It’s used by a few guilds on my server to control wpvp situations.

When you have no clue about a class’s abilities this is kind of stupidity you post. Look up Tracking Humanoids.

I guess you don’t read at all do you? Edit* You just stopped at this post and didn’t even bother to read the replies? Pls don’t waste my time.

I don’t like this addon

I hope this was polite enough to not get reported this time thanks

It doesn’t really add anything you can’t already do manually, It just makes it a lot easier.
Has kinda been the blizzard measuring stick so I don’t see it going away
You can use it to?

What I like the best is the K/D tracking and KOS/Ignore lists - I don’t even use the party/guild messaging features

1 Like

Actually, it does get people through the combat log when it seemingly doesn’t. It’s the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event. Anything that can be viewed by the CombatLogGetCurrentEventInfo() function will trigger it. One of those things are the buffs on your characters. A level 1 will almost never trigger this addon if they don’t do anything. A level 120 character will just about always trigger it, because there are tons of buffs and passives that send combat log messages.

I think the amount of spell and aura spam in the log is too intense, especially in retail. Your armor passives in live will even spam you into the unfiltered log.

Ohh, interesting! Very useful information and a very clever addon.

Out of curiosity, are you a PvE player on a PvP server, a PvP player on a PvE server that doesn’t know how to unflag, or a ganker who can only win fights when you get the jump on people?

This addon only sounds game-breaking to Rogues/Druids to me, TBH. In all honesty, it doesn’t sound like it does much more than someone yelling in /1 “Rogue just ganked me! (Insert [Race][Level][Name][Detailed Location] here)”

I use spy to keep track of all my Kill on Sights for future entertainment.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, exactly, how you would propose getting rid of it. Maybe they could gimp the combat log to show only actions that affect you and your party/raid, but that would be a definite departure from vanilla.

1 Like