Spy Classic Addon needs to go

Have one. Have played plenty of them. I have no interest in posting on other characters because this one has Trust Level 3.

1 Like

You don’t have to justify your experience to him. He’s posting as a Warrior.

Based on Treelover’s breakdown of his bulleted list of standard ways classes avoid or engage Rogues, it sounds like he just doesn’t know how to play a Rogue.

2 Likes

Sprint - “Increases the rogue’s movement speed by 70% for 8 sec. Does not break stealth”

That would be more than enough time for be to close the distance.

Also the range is till much smaller, knowing that i’m next to you from the stealth sound is a big difference from knowing i’m just in the general area.

I’m not that fussed, If this was a vanilla thing then that’s cool. Imho this just kills the whole point of PvP on a PvP server.

You just reading the parts you want? If you duel people these are all the same steps you’d take. It’s the same strategyplaystyle you use when you’re fighting in PvP. The addon hasnt forced you to do anything you wouldnt do in another pvp environment, you just can’t make the assumption that the person your attacking out in the world is going to sit there like a lame duck while you have your way with them if you rush in. :thinking:

If you want to complain about having to think before you attack someone feel free, but that’s fundamentally what this is at it’s core.

“This addon makes me think! UrGhghhh” - Blackhaven

:rofl:

1 Like

Oh I know. Whether he believes me or not doesn’t change the truth of it. Honestly, I had forgotten about how slow stealth was back then. Was a very quick reminder though. It’s been driving me nuts while leveling to the point of my barely using it unless I’m on top of what I intend to attack. Lol.

I played on both Wildhammer as Alliance and Archimonde as Horde back in Vanilla. Used some KoS addon back then as suggested by my guild at the time, though I can’t remember if it was Paranoia or not. Didn’t impact our gameplay much, when Local/World Defense channels had us running around the world already.

1 Like

Sprint’s probably already on cooldown though, at least mine is almost always on cd. =\

A prepared duel is far different than WPvP, how on earth do you think it is viable to compare the two? There is a reason there are tier lists for best class for duels, for battlegrounds, for WPvP, for group play, for duos, for trips.

You are arbitrarily relating duels and WPvP as if they are the same. WPvP is chaos, in terms of what happens, how many players are involved, if npc’s are involved, and all sorts of other factors. It is not some 1v1 tournament system.

Trying to remove the dynamic nature and chaos of WPvP to turn it into some sterile environment where everyone can see everyone and everyone is alerted to everything is trying to make the game easy mode, which kills it.

I knew it. This dude just wants to one-shot lowbies from stealth and laugh maniacally as he imagines them wondering how they died. Figures. I guess he missed the “What happened to me?” button in the combat log tab.

2 Likes

As someone who abhors world pvp, i can see the merits of this addon. Gives people a chance to get to or away from the rogues and druids before they can pull that chickens**t lolstealth crap. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are sub, which if you PVP you are, you are talented to stealth at 85%. This isn’t retail where rogues dismount and stealth open all in one action right into your face, I totally understand that’s how it works in Retail, but that’s also because of class homogenization, every class is able to stand toe to toe, has defensives, can heal themselves, etc. In retail is barely matters if you even get your stealth opener because it’s all been neutered so hard.

In classic, you do not dismount and stealth right into an enemy, if you lose your opener by not being able to stealth, you are screwed by anyone of equal skill.

1 Like

Hey man, at least you are honest in basically saying this screws stealth classes rather than hiding behind some logical fallacy like some of these people.

I’m all for trying to prove someone wrong, but this comment doesn’t address anything he’s put forward.

Regardless of level, this uses a third party, instead of using the mechanics provided. to remove the element of surprise that’s fundamental of a stealth class.

It does screw stealth classes and i think that’s great. Whoever thought “Hey let’s put invisibility into the game” should be ashamed of themselves.

I’m aware of the differences. I’m leveling as sword spec because it’s just easier, I’ll be swapping to sub once I hit 60.

Spy can be used by those same Rogues and Druids, too. It makes them, and especially Hunters, far more dangerous. It’s a double-edged sword.

That requires personal interaction and time, both of which are precious commodities in a pvp environment.

Having an addon do this automatically is a huge benefit.

I can totally understand where you are coming from, I feel the same about sniping in FPS’s. But if they do exist, and people put time and invest, they should not be penalized by a 3rd party addon = ]

Blackhaven’s just repeating the same wrong things over and over. His arguments have been addressed by many people, but he’s sticking to his story.

It doesn’t remove the element of surprise. How many times does this completely invalid complaint have to be corrected? Is this Twitch chat?

if you want a fair and balanced fight in WPvP then you are looking in the wrong place. WPvP is about ganking and being ganked. “fair” PvP is battlegrounds and duels.