Spy Classic Addon needs to go

LOL this is your defense? “yeah this addon totally reduces your specific classes effectiveness but I think your class is so good anyway that it should be penalized regardless” Literally what you are saying

Rogues are actually not that great in PvP if the OTHER person is of equal skill, a Rogue can really only compete on a 1v1 level if they are Hemo/CB/Prep and have to blow a 10 minute cooldown, OR wait for someone to be at half health or fighting mobs.

Most classes will decimate a Rogue 1v1 if it’s a full health fight of equal skill, even with a rogue getting a stealth opener UNLESS he blows a 10 minute cooldown (if he has prep, which no one does right now) uses thistle tea(consumable), and blinds(consumable), poisons(consumable), pots(consumable), bandages(consumable), and engineering consumables.

On top of that you’re a Warlock, you literally eat rogues for breakfast, including CB/Prep.

1 Like

why are you fighting someone at full health as a rogue?

Opinion completely disregarded for using American politics into a video game forum.

2 Likes

Opinion disregarded for using flawed, arbitrary logic when people have been using politics, calling eachother stupid, noobs, “cancel culture”, progressive, etc.

But it’s okay, I get it, your safe space has been attacked and now you’re triggered.

Are you trying to roleplay an American right-winger because that would mean going after Sanders is breaking character…

1/10

I don’t play either side, prefer to make fun of both since they both get triggered when thier relative safe spaces are being threatened.

Got it, you’re RPing as the angsty teenager who “has no sides” and doesn’t have “a label” to go by…

0/10

It’s called being a centrist and siding by policy, not teams. Thoughts and prayers.

That requires actual thought and not just trolling with alternating leftwing and rightwing memes like “thoughts and prayers” and “snowflakes”, respectively.

No wonder you don’t like Spy, you can’t even get lowbrow American political trolling correct…

1 Like

Lets be real, if you like Spy it’s because you are a terrible player and need it to compensate for your lack of ability. You should really also look into the addon “tell me when”. Makes it so you can play the game hitting one button, I’m sure you would love it.

lol, I was just posting, and saw your responses; you are definitely triggered! I guess he did get you in your safe space.

Anyways…

I downloaded this addon yesterday, and it definitely needs to go. It gives you far to much information.

I’m going to keep using it until it gets banned though.

2 Likes

you all but have to use it if it’s in the game. it’s like an extra ability.

BTW, even if Blizzard were to remove the entire combat log API, Spy would still work as an addon for KoS alerts. It uses mouseover and target events. It would still send messages through the addon channels for guild and group.

If a person wanted to modify Spy’s code, they could probably try to get the difference between the distance of guild/group spots vs the user’s coordinates and have a target button be generated for spots close enough to the user of the addon. This would make the addon into co-op PvP tool.

What Blizzard would need to break to stop Spy 100%:
1.) Enemy players would need to stop showing up in the combat log, but only if they are not in combat with the player.
2.) C_ChatInfo.SendAddonMessage would need to go.

What this would break:
1.) Cast bar addons wouldn’t work on enemy players you are not yet in combat with.
2.) No more spell alerts against opening moves in PvP.
3.) If an friendly player is hit with an enemy player spell, while you are not in combat with the enemy, you would no longer know what hit them, for how much, or by whom.
4.) Any addons using C_ChatInfo.SendAddonMessage would need to be either updated or discarded.

What else can I can come up with that would need to be broken to prevent Spy-like features:
1.) Target of target would need to go. You can use the target of a target to gather information on that targets target. You can also get the targets targets target. From my understanding, you can chain this pretty far. This would be very useful if the above two changes were made. You could basically use your enemy as a Spy. Get it? A Spy.
2.) Either sending chat messages through addons or string parsing chat text. Even with hidden channels gone, a person could probably get data from other channels.

2 Likes

Projection dot jpeg

Also brigading on alts hahaha

See, now you make me think you’re not just like the other idiots that don’t get what’s happening with the addon, you’re just the same person on a new alt. If you don’t get how addons actually work, don’t whine about them like a child.

You’re so triggered now you are conjuring imaginary alts out of your imagination. Lol

Check out the brains on this guy

2nd tier imagination man.

I’d hate to imagine having an imagination as low as you imagine my imaginary abilities to be, as one might imagine

people that want this addon removed need to uninstall the game.

vocal minority trying to ruin the game for the majority. been happening for years

pve server btw, don’t even use it.

4 Likes

I mean an addon that says “HEY THERE’S A ROGUE NEAR BY AND THEY JUST STEALTHED, GET READY BOI”

is awesome imo