Spy Classic Addon needs to go

Yeah, that would definitely have been a painful addition, haha. I think the current iteration wherein one can target by clicking the name in the list makes the best sense from a usability standpoint.

VanasKoS maybe?

The majority of mages you mean. By in large, this addon is being used by the minority to hold an advantage over the majority. If you need to be warned about danger so you can run and hide or your only way to pvp is ganking because you can’t win a somewhat balanced fight, maybe you should roll pve.

1 Like

ban this addon.

Whiners like this are exactly why retail sucks now.

2 Likes

Spy has been around since 2009 and I’ve been using it ever since, one of the best tools for wpvp.

1 Like

cheaters that use this addon is will kill classic pvp.at least when cross realm bgs are launched this addon wont matter.

I thought this addon was alright but then I realized it’s kind of an overpowered version of the hunter skill track humanoids. Detecting other players and responding to their presence quickly is part of the game, and this addon plays that part of the game for you.

1 Like

Tracking cannot be replaced by an addon. There’s no way to get the coordinates of another player, so it’s only good for the awareness part.

Actually, you might not realize it, but this addon extends the purpose of hunter tracking. Detecting the class of a player in the addon will reveal additional information inside of the minimap tooltip. This makes hunter tracking semi-usable in crowded areas. This is a secret between me and you, boo. Don’t tell nobody. Hunters will be like “What? My spell can be used to quickly find enemy players in crowded areas?!” and then they will download the addon.

2 Likes

This addon has existed forever. It hasn’t killed anything and it won’t. Gankers are just mad because this helps people from getting ganked. That’s the bottom line.

2 Likes

Source?
/10char

It was never in classic wow and when cross realm bgs come out it wotn matter.

It will always matter on a PVP server. That said, there were addons like this for vanilla (THIS is classic). Read up on it.

1 Like

the addon was not out during vanilla wow.i dont care if private servers used it.

You’re wrong. Carbonite has a punks feature and that’s existed forever too. Like I said, there have been addons like this for a long time. Its just reading the combat log. No one cares if you like it or not - there’s nothing wrong with it.

as soon as cross realm bgs come out there will be no need for wpvp.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/project-1853?page=2#comments

Check the comments. Feb 26 2006 was during Vanilla. Try again.

LOL if you think people came back to classic just to fly into BGs then you are greatly mistaken.

ban this addon blizzard.

This addon was indeed out in classic. But like many addons, very few people used them. It’s very popular now to point where it’s absurd.

We can endlessly debate some of the features being useful and fair to all, but when does it end? Why not just give everyone a giant radar on the hud with all players tracked at all times? When does it end? When is too much? For myself, this addon is too much, for those of you that it is not, would you be fine with a zone wide radar that had everyone tracked? Doubtful, but it’s the same concept.

My biggest gripe is stealth detection via Spy. At the very least we should be able to agree that it is game breaking and unfair for stealth classes. Blizzard should remove stealth from the combat log.

1 Like